BASS PRO SHOP IN VENTURA??

JIM REYES

BASS PRO SHOP IN VENTURA??

Post by JIM REYES »

BASS PRO SHOP MAY SET UP STORE IN VENTURA.
mark poulson

Re: BASS PRO SHOP IN VENTURA??

Post by mark poulson »

Maybe they can get Casitas opened up again.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
DeltaBound

Post by DeltaBound »

They should have stayed out of California period. The one in Las Vegas was good enough.
Phil

Post by Phil »

I did not think it would matter, they usually stocked a lot of stuff that your good old local tackle shops did not; but; since goibg to the new one in Manteca and seeing that Bass Pro now sells and stocks.

Huddlestons; Optimum: Castiac: Roboworm: and a huge stock of Fly Fishing flies etc dept.

It is putting the real stress and hurt on all of our local tackle shops.

I guess thats progress though ??? :( :cry: :?: :?:
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

The BPS in Riverside, or near there anyway, is a real hike for me, and most other people, to make on a consistent basis.
Same would be true for a shop in Ventura.
If it's a destination, with the bass tanks, water falls, and other neat Disneyland-type stuff, I can see a family making a trip once a year, but I won't be driving to either location on a regular basis.
Before I'd drive to BPS, I'll drive to Anglers in Anaheim, and find the stuff I really need.
The other stuff, like Zoom lizards and Yum products, I get from Tacklewarehouse.
And J&T in Simi is way closer and better stocked with really useful stuff than a BPS in Ventura, at least for me.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
ironman

Post by ironman »

were the hell would they put it in ventura :shock:
MATT.M
04 tr21x 225 evinrude white/red
[url=http://toddsgearbag.swagbucks.com/refer/ironman69baby][img]http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/images/toddsgearbag-173x63.jpg[/img][/url]
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

It will never happen.
bassrockstar

Post by bassrockstar »

ventura? Where did this come up? Just seems like a very unlikely place for a BPS. For Casitas they could stock an abundant supply of swimbaits and mosquito hooks for shad :)
toplip

Post by toplip »

forget that place support your local shops.pretty much all your local shops will match or beat bass pro.im in the central valley and we have several places here to shop and even more in the bay area.my favorite close to me is escalon bait and tackle, Randy just open in his new location and he will match or beat pretty much any ones prices and he will order what ever you need.we also have bait barn in waterford with a big selection as well.let the families and tourist have bass pro and stay with your local guys so they dont have to fight to stay open in this bad economy.thats my 2 cents on the subject
Your Friendly Lake Side Waterboy