DL

Artest to the Lakers...

Post by DL »

you think Richard Jefferson will lie awake at night.....? :D
"Feel the steel"
some guy

Re: Artest to the Lakers...

Post by some guy »

Cheap too! 3 years 18 million. It's funny because the whole Houston series I would talk so much chit about him and how much I hated him.

Now he's not so bad..

Hopefully he does'nt have any episodes here or night club brawls.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
ns nitro

Post by ns nitro »

We just need to make sure he keeps his cool and doesnt beat up any old white fans!! :D Should make the lake show just that much better!! The guys got great D and his jumper aint half bad either!! Good pickup for Ariza. Still think I would have kept Ariza but money talks! Artest already said on sports center that he took a less amount so he can have a title!! Now thats a team player!! Nate

REPEAT????
:twisted:
www.basschow.com
www.p-line.com
www.snapon.com
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

Ariza and his agent are fools for tryin to shake down the Lakes.
some guy

Post by some guy »

buddy brown wrote:Ariza and his agent are fools for tryin to shake down the Lakes.
+1

Artest came here for less than what Ariza wondered. He is young and immature still. He has bought into all the hype around him, Yes he is a good basketball player, but he is not a star and wants to be paid accordingly. He will feel stupid next spring when the Lakers go back to back with out him.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
smittyfish

Post by smittyfish »

Ariza was asking for a lot of money for a guy that averaged 8.5 points and 4 rebounds a game. He was a good player with a lot of upside potential. The Lakers were the team that gave him a real shot and he believed in the hype on himself. I think he got what he deserved.

Artest is a stud that will show up every night and play with fire. He is very hungry for a title and I think Kobe's leadership will keep him in control.

Repeat............
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

This whole Artest deal reminds me of when the Lakes acquired Karl Malone...As in....I never liked the guy, but I guess I'll learn to like him now that he's on my squad :roll: . This guy is still a f-ing LOOSE CANNON no matter how you look at it. Hopefully he shows up to play every night and gets the job done, without flying off the handle like his CRAZY a$$ is known for. He's got alot of Rodman-esque qualities too, like: Crazier than a $hit house rat, extensive track record of controversial incidents, jacked up hair style, and knows how to REBOUND and get those critical boards. Can't wait till all the Lakers' homie thug fans are sporting his jersey next season...LOL.

As for Ariza....I'm bummed. I really thought the kid showed alot of potential. I was pretty stoked to see another one of my fellow UCLA alums(other than Farmar) work his way up the ranks in the Lakers' camp. He was promising, but maybe not worth the kind of money he thought he was worth. I can see where he would think like that after this past season(XL Ego)......Can't blame the guy for tryin' :?

Welcome to LA Ron Artest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoH-XAc8H14
"In times of rapid change experience can be your biggest handicap"
smittyfish

Post by smittyfish »

I'm with you and think the same about Artest.

But he will add more strength than Ariza did to the line up. I don't think we will be missing anything on defense. It will be hard to call the Lakers soft next year.

Ariza's agent tried to play hard ball. I guess Mitch showed him why he is the boss. Now Ariza has to play in a city with no chance of winning the championship. He sure showed the Lakers......lol.

The Lake Show, back to back baby.
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

smittyfish wrote:I'm with you and think the same about Artest.

But he will add more strength than Ariza did to the line up. I don't think we will be missing anything on defense. It will be hard to call the Lakers soft next year.

Ariza's agent tried to play hard ball. I guess Mitch showed him why he is the boss. Now Ariza has to play in a city with no chance of winning the championship. He sure showed the Lakers......lol.

The Lake Show, back to back baby.

+1.....I'm smelling what you're steppin' in my brutha....
And on that note, welcome aboard Smittyfish. Any true Lakers fan is always a nice addition to sports boards on here.

John....
I agree... Ariza will be feeling the sting once he dawns thy ghey apparel(Rockets jersey) next season....Poor guy.
Also...Got a produce question for you: Why the F does every watermelon I've bought from the market this year seriously taste like nothing? I've had tastier cardboard in my days! Are there just a bunch of bad batches this year? And what ever happened to SEEDED watermelons. The seedless variety always disappoints by being flavorless and watery. Gimme the scoop on where to get the tasty goods(which markets), or what farms' sticker too look for on my produce. Hook me up!!
g-man

Post by g-man »

buddy brown wrote:Ariza and his agent are fools for tryin to shake down the Lakes.
trying to strong arm got Ariza f^cked! As much as I hated Artest bring it baby....

Lake shoe 2010 :D
100% LL
some guy

Post by some guy »

Honestly?... Americans are fat lazy bastards and dont want to pick out the seeds. Farmers have really quit growing the seeded version because they simply dont sell. Gardika's and United Melon in Los Angeles are the two best labels this season. As far as sugar content. That has to due with the lame temps we have had this season. Weather got real hot real quick so farmers had to pull the crop a little early so the sun didnt bake everything and they ruine hundreds of acres, when they pull the product early like that the sugar content doesnt get a chance to mature.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

some guy wrote:Honestly?... Americans are fat lazy bastards and dont want to pick out the seeds. Farmers have really quit growing the seeded version because they simply dont sell. Gardika's and United Melon in Los Angeles are the two best labels this season. As far as sugar content. That has to due with the lame temps we have had this season. Weather got real hot real quick so farmers had to pull the crop a little early so the sun didnt bake everything and they ruine hundreds of acres, when they pull the product early like that the sugar content doesnt get a chance to mature.
Ahhhh...Gotcha......Like I said, the seeded ones just taste waaay more bomb than their hybrid/genetically altered cousin without seeds...

Nothing worse than pre-mo "crops" that are pulled too early.......Friggin' Rookies!