NFR – What would you do – ignore or standup

If it doesn't fit in any other forum, this is where it goes.
Marty

NFR – What would you do – ignore or standup

Post by Marty »

Sunday night I was getting read for work and had to make my lunch but had no bread so I when to WinCo to pick some up along with a few other items. I got in line with my few items – in front of me were this black lady and three black teens checking out. The youngest of the teens (11 or 12 years old) put a box of candy on the very bottom of the cart. The upper part of the cart only had a few items in it and there was no reason to put a box of candy on the very bottom were the clerk could not see it – you just knew something was up.

The lady placed all of there items on check out table but not the candy. So I say, excuse Ms. but you forgot that box on the bottom of your cart. She looked at me real mean – if looks could kill I would be dead. The youngest (the one that took the candy) of the tree teens ask if I work here? They just ignore me and start to pay for the items they showed to the clerk and push their cart pass the clerk with the box of candy still on the bottom of the cart. At this point I just came out and said are you going to pay for that box of candy? I looked at the lady clerk who in broken English said what can I do? I said I could not believe this. At that point the teen that put it on the bottom of the cart took the candy box and put it on the next counter and looked at me with this attitude of “ok crackerâ€
bassenvy

Re: NFR – What would you do – ignore or standup

Post by bassenvy »

Ya probably shouldn't do that in Oakland...then again they might of been from here.

I say sit back and enjoy your Menudo and think about the flotation devices that one woman was wearing up in Fisherman's Cut :lol:
HiroshimaCustoms.com
Brian

Post by Brian »

GOOD JOB MARTY. WAY TO GO. 8)

TOO BAD YOU DIDNT GET TO THUMP THEM AROUND A LITTLE BIT.
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Brian wrote:GOOD JOB MARTY. WAY TO GO. 8)

TOO BAD YOU DIDNT GET TO THUMP THEM AROUND A LITTLE BIT.

Glock Model 23C would of done the job and probably had them shitting there pants too! But if you pull it, you better be prepared to actually use it!
Guyle

Post by Guyle »

You eat menudo?
Gary Ryon

Post by Gary Ryon »

Glock Model 23C would of done the job and probably had them shitting there pants too! But if you pull it, you better be prepared to actually use it![/quote]

Concealed Carry which is allowed in thirty-six states of this fine country in the Peoples Republic of California??????

I think not..............
Gary Ryon
West Valley Bassmasters
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

I woulda went chunky soup on thier azz and asked them if they want Chicken or Beef. After they "had" the soup I would move on to the next course... jars sauerkraut and pickles in the three ply bag over the shoudler and down... then maybe a bagged vegetable maybe turnips, potatoes, large onions.. i would let them go only after they said "orville redenbacher was a pimp" 5 times with a British accent... I would also accept "Lemmy Kilmister is God" in Casey Kasem's voice 7 times

The mom is to blame. teaching her kids to steal these kids have no future w/ parents like that.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Gary Ryon wrote:
Concealed Carry which is allowed in thirty-six states of this fine country in the Peoples Republic of California??????

I think not..............
Oh I think SO. :wink:
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

I'd of done the same Marty, good on ya.

What burns me lately is the older teens and early twenty-somethings that grab a bunch of booze and run out of the local Vons and Longs stores here and the store attendants just watch them. They say store policy forbides them to do anything! WHAT? Yeah, lawsuit concerns, so guess who will pay for that stuff in higer prices to the consumer? I'll chase their you know what down one of these times and give them some street justice.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Working my way thru college a hundred years ago some punk tried to rob me in the liquor store I worked at. He took his hand off the gun in his jacket pocket to pick up some cash he'd dropped out of the register. While he was stooped down I turned and grabbed a 5th of Calverts and hit him so hard his head went to the floor. BUT the bottle did not break and he did not get knocked out (like in the movies) so I was a bit scarred at that point.

Well, long story short after hitting him a few more times after he stood up it finally broke and I dazed him enough that I could throw him down in the blood, the money, the glass and the booze and sit on him till someone called the cops, which came in about 2 minutes being it was in downtown National City! I was nervous again because there they shoot first and ask questions later :?
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

I saw five white kids in Nice at Sentry Market, I came around a corner and one had just slid something into his baggy pants. The others were laughing. I knew they stole something because as soon as they saw me they stopped laughing and moved off. I went to the front and called a owner and told him what I saw.

He asked, "what'd they take?"

I said, "I'm not sure but it was the deli section."

He said, "I can't do a thing without knowing exactly what they took. I can't stop people at random and search them based on what a bystander saw."

I said, "Seriously?"

He said, "Yup, If I stop them and they have something but I guess the wrong item, they can sue me."

We watched them all walk out the door together.

Different than your situation but kinda sticking with the thread.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Otay Michael wrote:I'd of done the same Marty, good on ya.

What burns me lately is the older teens and early twenty-somethings that grab a bunch of booze and run out of the local Vons and Longs stores here and the store attendants just watch them. They say store policy forbides them to do anything! WHAT? Yeah, lawsuit concerns, so guess who will pay for that stuff in higer prices to the consumer? I'll chase their you know what down one of these times and give them some street justice.

Check this video out that happened less than a month ago.

~~> http://www.kcra.com/video/18741953/index.html
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
g-man

Post by g-man »

One of the biggest reasons they are not suppose to stop the thieves is you can get killed. Growing up down south i have seen guys that try to play hero get beat down hard. Also a couple that got shot and killed over a beer run trying to play hero. You wanna play hero you will be doing it at your cost! Play hero with the wrong guy and you can end up in a pine box! With that being said ya shoulda popped that fool bouncing around like an idiot marty! I woulda of! :wink:
100% LL
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

I've been in many fights, I've only lost one. That was to a guy that was tougher than me. :D

I've run from a few that were tougher than me too. I'm 62 and still alive.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
g-man

Post by g-man »

Greg_Cornish wrote:I've been in many fights, I've only lost one. That was to a guy that was tougher than me. :D

thats my problem, I have never, and will never back down to anyone. One day that could come back to haunt me! :shock: :lol:
100% LL
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

g-man wrote:
Greg_Cornish wrote:I've been in many fights, I've only lost one. That was to a guy that was tougher than me. :D

thats my problem, I have never, and will never back down to anyone. One day that could come back to haunt me! :shock: :lol:
I remember one in particular I backed away from. Joe Kapp Minnesota Viking quarterback took a shine to my fiancee. I didn't know he did. I asked her to introduce me. She was a waitress in the bar they frequented in training camp. He was my height but bigger, stronger and when we shook hands his fingers went two inches past my palm. MEAT HOOKS!

He was sitting with Lonnie Warwick, Line Backer and Carl Eller and Allan Paige in a booth. He looked me up and done and said, "Paula if I give you $100 will you buy this effer a 1 way ticket out of town?"

So g-man, would you have punched him out or backed out the door like I did?
g-man

Post by g-man »

Its just not in me. I woulda took my beating! :lol:
100% LL
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

g-man wrote:Its just not in me. I woulda took my beating! :lol:
dumbass :D
Last edited by Greg_Cornish on Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Greg_Cornish wrote:
g-man wrote:Its just not in me. I woulda took my beating! :lol:
dumbass :D
haha! :wink:
100% LL
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Sorry, I just couldn't force myself to beat the crap out of 4 Vikings and risk them getting injured. They lost enough Superbowls as it was. :wink:
g-man

Post by g-man »

Greg_Cornish wrote:Sorry, I just couldn't force myself to beat the crap out of 4 Vikings and risk them getting injured. They lost enough Superbowls as it was. :wink:
Bwahahahahaha!
100% LL
Marty

Post by Marty »

I remember one time I got in a fight with 5 guys – I was drunk as hell but I did have my senses about myself and knew I was in a bad situation. The reason they wanted to kick my @ss was they said I was trying to pick up their girls. Well that was a lie, it was not girls - it was girl.

Well I just knew I was not going to get out of this one so I had to take action and fast. So I walked forward to try and shack the hand of the biggest of the five. But I must have had more drinks then I though because I trip and fall forward. The hand I had forward to shack hands with the big one when out to try and brake my fall but I hit the big one right between the legs. Boy did he yell like a girl! I may have been drunk but my reactions were still good and I was still falling so to brake my fall I grab what was between the big ones legs.

Well the other four guys took advantage of me laying on the ground with my right arm running up between the big ones legs holding on to the big ones manhood. One came up and kick me on my back and the pain was instant and my reflex were immediate from my long years of training. I squeeze hard what I was holding to lessen my pain. Well the big one let out a cry that would have shatter glass. So each time I got hit from one of the four I would squeeze and the big one would say leave him alone. The next thing I know the big one is fighting for me. They would hit me and I would squeeze and one of the four would go down. When all of the four were knock out the big one was saying please let me go. I was just about to let him go when the girl, the one they said I was trying to pick up came running up and kick me. My reactions took control and I squeezed and the big one starting saying to the girl – come on honey don’t hit him. She started yelling at the big one calling him all kind of names. She would look at him, call him a name and then kick me and I would squeeze. Boy she must have been mad at by the number of times she kick me. Just think I was thinking of picking her up – see what drinking can do to you.
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

A girl did that to me once Marty but nobody kicked her when she was down.
BassManDan

Post by BassManDan »

Do it to it Marty, nice work!!!

Crazy thing is that this is not the first occurence of wacky violence I've heard of at a Winco, my old neighbor was (highschool age kid) was picked up and pushed against the wall because some guy driving thru the parking lot said that my neghbor "was looking at him"

Just for future knowledge, you might wanna see if a can of meneudo is considered a "deadly weapon"

Way to go,
Dan
BassManDan - 1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite

"In the spirit of akido, sh-sh-sh-shaaa."
-Dale Gribble from TV's "King of the Hill"

"It would be the best of all possible worlds were it not for religion."
- John Adams, 1776
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Ummm click new topic?
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

Greg,
You saved yourself a bunch of money by walking away.
Regardless of the outcome of the fight you would have ended up in the court system. And the way that system works it would have taken a long time to get the case to trail and by that time Alan Paige would have been a judge and then you would have been really screwed. :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Page
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Wolfeman wrote:Greg,
You saved yourself a bunch of money by walking away.
Regardless of the outcome of the fight you would have ended up in the court system. And the way that system works it would have taken a long time to get the case to trail and by that time Alan Paige would have been a judge and then you would have been really screwed. :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Page
- Wolfeman
LOL, I bet no-one makes fun of his hair lip.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

G-Man I remember in my 20's I was standing outside of 7-11 smoking a cigarette and playing Keno when some dudes did a beer run, I saw it going down then minute the stepped into the store I Put my foot on the glass door to hold it back, as the guy was trying to get by He brandished what appeared to be a Semi-Auto in his waist. I stepped out of the way and asked if they needed help taking the beer out to the car....Sometimes it aint worth it.

Marty what you did was stand up and I have and would do the same thing in your situation. It is apparent that the Mother new exactly what was going down from start to finish and someone had to put these boyz into their place. Great Job Brother!