2008 Toyota tundra--i just might

Share vehicle info.
XMAN

2008 Toyota tundra--i just might

Post by XMAN »

didnt like the tundra at first--was looking at the tundra grade 8 ft bed with the 5.7 4x4 last night and i may getting one before i retire--plain interior with bench seat, but had what i needed--30k retail, 4000 rebate, maybe 3k off dealer discount, 9k for trade in,5k saved for fixing up current f250=12k financed with tax and license---hhmmmmm--tommorrow its ford nite, wednesday its chevy nite----any comments will be appreciated----xman
getalife

Re: 2008 Toyota tundra--i just might

Post by getalife »

I had a Tundra (06) and hated it so much I traded it in for the new Chevy Silverado LTZ after only 6 or 7 months. I love the Chevy but I have to admit that it has had its share of problems. My front brake pads AND rotors had to be replaced at 21,000 miles. It also rolled down my driveway, on its own, and smashed into my garage door. Chevy refused to believe that there was anything wrong with it and refused to even look at it. I ended up putting in a claim with Chevy and they made it so difficult I eventually just gave up on the claim. Other than that, I love the truck.

My neighbor just bought a new Ford and he is very happy with it. Maybe that will be my next truck.
CHANGE is not a destination, and HOPE is not a strategy!
bubba

Post by bubba »

I bought a 2007 Tundra with the 5.7L 4X4. Its a great truck and boy does it have some grunt when you step on it. Pulls my 20' Basscat no problem (what hill?). Gas mileage is my biggest complaint. I'm averaging about 14-15 everyday driving and down to 12 when towing. BUT that engine is sweet and there is POWER whenever I need it. I've had no problems with mine at all and I now have 23,000 miles. Just regular oil changes. I got the Limited and its as nice as my Lexus on the in side. Comes with bluetooth so I can talk on my phone through the stereo and I can hook my iPOD to play through the big JBL speakers on the long drive to Cleak Lake or Shasta. Now that gas prices are falling, it don't hurt so much to fill'er up. Love the truck, rides great and quiet.
Mike Meier

Post by Mike Meier »

I have nothing bad to say about Toyota's. I have had three trucks starting in 1985. All three of them had 300,000 miles when I traded it in for the next one.

My last one I had was a 2001 Tundra 2x4 and I had over 300,000 miles and the only problem I ever had was the exhaust manifold that Toyota covered even after the warranity.

It was my work truck and most of the miles were freeway miles. I never had any problems pulling my boat. (it does not pull like a diesel)

The one thing I always did was I used Mobil One and every year I had the transmission oil flushed not the normal drain and fill. It was a full flush that cost something around 100 dollars.

Mike
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

I have had 3 ford powerstrokes sold the last one when fuel hit $5.00 in san diego.the maintnance cost on the big trucks is verry expensive
I now have 08 toyota tundra 5.7 it is the best truck i have ever driven.It tows my tr21 just fine.
punk bass