Launching at Clearlake

texas john

Launching at Clearlake

Post by texas john »

Anybody have any idea if the ramp in Lucern is still launchable? If not any suggestions up North?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/jtrtexca/usmcsealani.gif[/img]
www.johnrector.yolasite.com
www.pepperjigs.com
Turkeyman

Re: Launching at Clearlake

Post by Turkeyman »

I'm not sure what ramp you are talking about but there were some trailers in the parking lot by the public launch south of the winery. We launched from 5th St. and had no problems but the launch at Skylark is trouble. Only about 1' deep past the drop off of the ramp.
texas john

Post by texas john »

The one im talking about is right off 20 at 7th street
www.pepperjigs.com
MT

Post by MT »

I launched there a few times in mid to late june and it was low. Only a few feet around the dock at that point but safe. Hate to imagine how low it is now. Call Bob at Limit Out in CL Oaks and ask.
FATGUY

Post by FATGUY »

i was there on the 26th and we used the lucerne ramp but it was really hard. i imagine by now with the lake dropping it would npt be usuable but ??
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

I can't launch my pontoon there.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Just talked to a buddy who'll be launching there tonight if the wind is right. I'll report back
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
texas john

Post by texas john »

We went ahead and launched at redbud in the algea. Man it had a deathly odor like a port-a-let had been left out in the sun for two weeks on a construction site....Anyway we had a good day...Even though it was way windy we still were able to land about 30+ fish best five were right at 19lbs so all in all not a bad day!!

Thanks for the info on the ramp, I did call around and got the feeling that I might be able to launch there but it was an at own risk kinda advise!
www.pepperjigs.com
skandy

Post by skandy »

How bad is the alge at Redbud? I haven't been there in a couple of month and it was really bad back then. Thick as pea soup.
texas john

Post by texas john »

In the morning it was bad, terrible smell and seemed to be about 3 inches thick. In the afternoon it was completly clear due to the pretty good winds we had all day.
www.pepperjigs.com
skandy

Post by skandy »

I'm heading there tomorrow so we'll see how bad it still is. Hopefully the recent winds blew it out of there.
skeeterbug

Post by skeeterbug »

Since the subject is launch sites, is the State Park ramp still launchable? Was there in November last year and even in the creek channel kicked up some mud from the big motor. We have a club tourney out of there again this November. Just trying to evaluate if we will need to move our launch site. Any thing you can offer is appreciated. Thanks!
bassbooger

Post by bassbooger »

skandy wrote:How bad is the alge at Redbud? I haven't been there in a couple of month and it was really bad back then. Thick as pea soup.
Launched there this morning. Thin green algae layer at the surface, lots ofsuspended algae particles far out from the launch area, along with the nice smell.

Still far better than the previous thick mats not long ago.

Good thing for the car wash across the street from redbud park.
skandy

Post by skandy »

Launched out of Redbud yesterday (Thursday) and it is still smelly and covered in aglae. Not as bad a in June, but not great. The algae is almost everywhere we went on the south end, from Konocti down. Launching is not a problem.
bahlzar

Post by bahlzar »

State park is low but very launchable.....stay between the bouys....they just re surfaced and re striped the parking lot too !!! looks all brand new !!
drrakruz

Post by drrakruz »

bahlzar wrote:State park is low but very launchable.....stay between the bouys....they just re surfaced and re striped the parking lot too !!! looks all brand new !!
How do you know this? Did you Google Earth it? Was G there with you? If so, tell him he still owes me $10!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Sponsors:
M & M Marine, Lincoln, CA
[img]http://www.evolutionmarine.net/images/mercury.logo.gif[/img]
PLAY HARD AND FLOOR IT!!
Phil

Post by Phil »

In the 20 years I lived there, I never saw a time you could not launch at , the county park, 5th street, or Lucerne. Wow it must be low ?
Flippinjigs

Post by Flippinjigs »

I launched yesterday from the Public Launch Ramp off of HWY 20 @ the Keys by Rattle Snake with no problems at all. How up North is???

Good Fishin
bahlzar

Post by bahlzar »

drrakruz wrote:
bahlzar wrote:State park is low but very launchable.....stay between the bouys....they just re surfaced and re striped the parking lot too !!! looks all brand new !!
How do you know this? Did you Google Earth it? Was G there with you? If so, tell him he still owes me $10!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I was there over the weekend...G wasnt with me and we squared up on the money except now he has carpet burns on his knees. :shock:
drrakruz

Post by drrakruz »

bahlzar wrote:
drrakruz wrote:

I was there over the weekend...G wasnt with me and we squared up on the money except now he has carpet burns on his knees. :shock:
LMFAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sponsors:
M & M Marine, Lincoln, CA
[img]http://www.evolutionmarine.net/images/mercury.logo.gif[/img]
PLAY HARD AND FLOOR IT!!