Job Opening

If it doesn't fit in any other forum, this is where it goes.
DeltaDan

Job Opening

Post by DeltaDan »

It can't hurt to put your name out there for a good starting rate..with alot of bennies/401k ect.

I hear they are planning on hiring six as of last week- but may possibly open it up to 13 positions.

I don't work there .... Just talking from one WPIC to another WPIC recently.

~~> http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mnu/1305689493.html
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
Bobby Burgess

Re: Job Opening

Post by Bobby Burgess »

Delta dan thanks for the information about the Refinery positions.
I was choosen and have a written test on Sept 30th. Does anyone know what type of written test are given for Production Helper Trainee for Tosoro Refinery?? I have no clue and they state in their letter that they will not disclose what is on the test and have asked everyone not to call and ask. Any help would be great! I beleive that the test might be an apptitude test but I am not 100% sure about that. Thanks ....

Bobby
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Congrats Bobby !

I don't know how Tosoro is currently testing - but I can call over there and talk to the WPIC and ask him next Friday evening to see if he has some better insite for what they are currently doing.

Back in '90's - The written testing was in three sections for where I am employed as an operator.

- Basic Math
- Basic Mechanical Apptitude (pullies, leverage, volume/mass/weights, pressure, ect.. )
- Folding up paper boxes like rubix cubes with different boxes shaded in different squares to match the original/final product. ....It really was not more than an illistrated basket weaving test. :lol:

The testing is still sort of like that where I am at for the first stage - but some refinerys are now wishing to incorporate a new computer type of test as well - It will test your ability to operate as a plant console operator and multi-tasking skills. It is called the COBRA test if they by chance are using it over there. You can Google it - but it will not really give up much informatin about it on the web as to what it actually is in person with hands on. I have taken it lately as a company/union joint testing as to insite for all the current operators and scores - for what they wished to test.

Feel free to PM your # and I can let you know more after I talk to the WPIC next Friday evening over there ... And also a sure-fire way of helping you get your name out there/foot into the door before it can close on you.

I can also tell you in how they have to hire as well for Govt. regulations is really a sad joke as well ~ as they have to hire from all surrounding cities/counties/races/sexes/age's/income bracket .......... And all from a big circle around the mother-ship - and can only take some out of each community - compared to some that are more qualified in any given community.... "to be fair to all." :roll: -- That is why it is really imperative to get your name out there to HR in a polite/sincere/posotive manner.

Congrats again on the opportunity - and remember to stress Safety-Safely-Safety/Critical LifeSaving Steps, Teamwork, Protecting the Enviroment - as well as following regulations, procedures, guidelines, ect.. to the letter.

Cheers,
Dan
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

Bobby Burgess

Post by Bobby Burgess »

Dan you have a PM

Bobby
Bobby Burgess

Tesoro - Golden Eagle Refinery Jobs - Update

Post by Bobby Burgess »

Hi everyone I just wanted to update everyone on those Tesoro Oil Refinery openings that Delta Dan posted sometime back. Well the testing for the company's 30 openings at Golden Eagle Refinery started this past Monday and continues through Thursday Oct 1, 2009. I showed up today at the Concord Holiday Inn to test for a production operator trainee position along with 400 other applicants taking the same test. All in all when all is said and done tomorrow there would had been 2700 applicants for 30 open positions. Yes that's not a typo folks this is real and only 1% of them will be hired. Today's test along with the others are meant to narrow the field down to 10%. That means that 90% will not even quailify. These test were all timed test anywhere from 2 minutes, 4 minutes and 5 minutes long. The mechanical test was the longest at 20 minutes with @40 questions and a booklet to read from. I did very well but I am not sure that even that is well enough to move on in the hiring process. There are still 3 more qualification stages remaining. I don't think the economy has even come near to being recovered. Calif still sits at 12% unemployment today was prove of that. Take care.

Bobby
Melones_IS_Mine

Re: Tesoro - Golden Eagle Refinery Jobs - Update

Post by Melones_IS_Mine »

Shoot! I was newly employed as a general laborer in the union doing paving/grading. Got laid off 2 months ago, still waiting for my # to move up the list.

While waiting, I'm taking classes at the BATC in San Ramon.

I took a 1-day class in Refinery Safety and scored the highest.

Because I'm really safety oriented and DRUG FREE, I am seriously interested in doing refinery work. Does anyone have advice for someone looking to get in to this field?
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

M_I_M .... We are going thrugh a BIG turnaround currently betwen Retire's and Fire'es.

I'll PM you and Bobby the next time they are looking for openings. Less than a year ago they had 2600 people apply for 18 positions where I am currently employed.

It is tuff out there now ... and just the game "mentality change" from 20 years ago till now -- is completely different in what they are looking for - asaide from Safety and the #1 goal of everyone day in and day out !!

If something pop's ... I'll let you know Bro.

Melones_IS_Mine

Post by Melones_IS_Mine »

Thank you very much, and stay safe at work!
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Hey guys I saw this thread and thought I would post these links if you have refinery experience it may translate over to Water Treatment and distribution

A couple of the guys from work took their T1 and D1 they said the instructor indicated that there is currently jobs open in water treatment and waste water treatment here is the link for Sac Sate, under view jobs there is an entry level state job, plus quite a few more resources.

http://www.owp.csus.edu/water-jobs/

http://ca-nv-awwa.org/iMISpublic/AM/Tem ... entID=7992

http://www.indeed.com/q-Water-Distribut ... -jobs.html

I wish you luck in your efforts of finding a job.

Ash