Poll: How many of you guys would support B.F.L.? in CA?

da bass guy

Poll: How many of you guys would support B.F.L.? in CA?

Post by da bass guy »

I am not a part of flw but fished the bfl for two years and the year prior to that it was called Redman. During that time the Pro-am was awesome. As an am I got to talk to and fish with some really good sticks. The pros I either got to fish with or talk to really promoted the sport. Maybe you might recognize some of these sticks. Dave Gliebe, Gary Dobyns, Dave Rush, Jimmy Reese, Dee Thomas, Mike Reynolds, The Bennett brothers, and many others worthy of mentioning but the list is too long. I would like to see how many of you guys would be willing to fish a circuit like they once had that consisted of about 6 tournaments. They usually fished oroville, shasta, clearlake, delta, folsom, and either the delta twice during the year or clearlake. There seemed to be alot of comraderie and it was fun to see the big sticks and learn from them. If there is a positive response to this poll I will forward it to the bfl and see if we can get them out here again.

Thanks, Da bass guy
Trace

Re: Poll: How many of you guys would support B.F.L.? in CA?

Post by Trace »

I also enjoyed the BFL. I wanted it to stay. It seemed to continue to grow here in the west. It appeared that FLW wanted to work its way up to Everstart/Stren which is very successful and maybe one day the FLW tour. I don't think they will do both. If they brought back the BFL, I would fish it. 3 and 4 day touneys are tough leaving the fanily at home and hitting the road.
Tracy Patton
BassTraveler

Post by BassTraveler »

I would consider it. Never fished the BFL or Redman.
What I like about these types of events is you and only you fish for your fish. :wink:
[url=http://www.nosweatmist.com/][img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/nosweat.jpg[/img][/url]
www.nixonsmarine.com
Colebass

I like them

Post by Colebass »

Really good format and I think needed for the growth of the sport. I think if they come back, they would do well.

I would fish them.
Dave Cole
gt5bass

Post by gt5bass »

I would love to see the BFL come back to the West and have spoke about with the folks at FLW as well.

The problem is getting 4 divisions for a region. All the other BFL regions have four divisions that then feed the the Regional Tournaments that in turns feeds the BFL All-American.

When FLW pulled the WEst's two BFL divisions to make room for the EverStart Series (now Stren Series) both division were only averaging around 40 boats.

We have shown FLW that we are willing to show up by our participation in the EverStart Series. They are interested in have more events in the West. Call FLW Outdoors and let them know we want the BFL back. They would love to bring it back if us West Coasters can get close to any kind of numbers of turnout to make it financially viable for them.
[i][color=green]It is what it is[/color] :|[/i]
B.Cline

Post by B.Cline »

I would fish them.The chance of getting to the All-American is a great incentive.I fished the redman trail one year and missed going
by one place.I would love a chance at it again!
225by5

Post by 225by5 »

I enjoyed them alot and would defenitly do it again. I enjoy the format and fishin for your own five...DanC
Dave Mayo

For me the BFL was a stepping stone to the front of the boat

Post by Dave Mayo »

and getting to fish against the Pro's you mentioned and to get the feel of making your own decisions in a pro/am type setting..i wish they would come back to Calif. i think they'd do very well here..
Dave
BassTramp

Post by BassTramp »

I would consider it. Don't know enough about the format. :?:

I like formats that you catch your own fish and that don't break the bank.
Kiss and Release
ttb31183

Post by ttb31183 »

I would definately support the BFL if they came back. The tournaments were low priced and gave you a great chance to fish with some great pros. I was lucky enough to draw John Murray and Greg Gutierrez. To fish with these guys for a 75 dollar entry fee is great. You learn so much and at the same time get to compete with other co-anglers. The payout for co-anglers is pretty good too, I won almost $2000 in one season, pretty good for such low entries.
Tyler Brinks
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

I would play that game! I fished the Redman cirucits dating back to 1991. Won my first and only Redman Spitoon in 1997 on the Delta, went to 8 regional events finishing 1 or 2 spots from making the All American 4 times, once my first trip to Havasu! I loved the old Redman draw formats. When they changed to BFL, that was durring BASS's initial venture out here, at that point, I chose to chase the "Classic" dream and only fished a couple of events each year before they left. Sonny Reynolds was the best damn TD director, this part of the country has ever seen! Sonny had the most respected and cordial crew you could ever imagine and it showed at every damn event.

I'd love ta see the BFL come back, I'd be ALL IN! Mono a mono fishing, bring it on MEN!
Hardshell

Post by Hardshell »

Sign me up! The one I won on the Delta in 2002 was one of best experiences I've had in fishing. They treat you like a King whether, you win or not. Oh, and if you guys think non-boaters don't have a chance, our one and only Phil Mutseda won out of the back of Ol' Greene in a driving rain storm on Oroville while I was 4th in 1999. It was Redman back then but still the same format as BFL. The attitudes of the guys that fished back then was outstanding, almost a mutual admiration society. Need less to say, I really enjoyed them and wish they would come back if the Federation folds.

Hardshell - Jailer
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

I would support BFL. I have fished them in the past and they are very well organized and part of an organization I would be happy to fish with.

Kevin
Barry

Post by Barry »

I would be in providing they didn't conflict with the Stren events. I thought they were a great circuit.BTW 100% BASS Pro/Ams fishes a similar format though it is shared weight and BASS Fed also fishes the old Redman format so there are choices here.Of course with them you don't get a shot at the All American. The Classic is cool too though...... :) ......Barry