Cool weather helped deer hunting

Turkeyman

Cool weather helped deer hunting

Post by Turkeyman »

We had a great weekend with the cool weather, dad killed a 17 1/2" forky right at the cabin when he pulled in Friday night. My son killed his second hog, a nice boar with 2 3/4" tusk field dressed 160 lbs anb then Sat. afternoon another member killed a heavy horned 15" forky, my son and I had a really nice buck get away from us in the evening and another guest missed a nice forky as it ran across the road. Sunday we had a small forky get away from us again, as my son was on the wrong side of the pick-up and the buck ran broadside to me at 50 yards. Can't wait until this last weekend there was alot of rutting activity.
Dan McKenzie

Re: Cool weather helped deer hunting

Post by Dan McKenzie »

yep the cool weather made a big difference. brought a lot of turkey with it as well. 3 more days.......

Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

good luck, the heat will slow things down, get out early, 10-2, and then again late
profisha1

Post by profisha1 »

Where abouts were you hunting?
- RJ Bennett
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

West of Gustine, Ca. Wet to D6 this weekend, was in the right place but luck was not on our side, my friend had a nice 3 point killed within 100yards of him, I chased out 2 forkies and was just about to shoot at 1 when he crumpled to the ground from someone else's gun, and on Sunday we spotted 3 bucks and tried to get on them, we were within 100 yards but could never see them.