Demand VERSUS' Return!!!

tunaman

Demand VERSUS' Return!!!

Post by tunaman »

I caught the end of an ad the other day talking about a movement to pressure DirecTV to bring back Versus, but didn't catch the details.

I just did a Google search and see that Versus has set up a site for viewers to submit a demand to DTV to return Versus to the programming lineup, so I submitted mine immediately. Here's the link, and I'd encourage everyone here to also do so (whether you're a DTV subscriber or not - help us out!) - it only takes a few seconds:

http://versus1.viewerlink.tv/

Also, there's a phone number to call as well:

1-800-642-1923

I MISS MY VERSUS - let's bring it back!

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
BMX Bassin

Re: Demand VERSUS' Return!!!

Post by BMX Bassin »

Done. I they dont have it back on DirectTv By the time I move in a few weeks. I am going with The dish Network. They have The World Fishing Network on 24 hrs a day.
BMX Mike
some guy

Post by some guy »

Will there be a rate increase for bringing versus back? That was the whole reason they got rid of it. When I go to Versus on Direct TV it has a paragraph stating that versus unfairly raised there rates. Direct TV did not want to pass on the price increase to the customer , especially given the current economic condition. So I am curious if there will be a rate increase.

Like everything else, money is the moitivator here.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the link. I submitted the online form and let DirecTV know I would switch providers if they didn't carry VS.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Vince Borrego wrote:Thanks for the link. I submitted the online form and let DirecTV know I would switch providers if they didn't carry VS.
+1
Thanks Roger.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

So uh, who's really telling the truth in this dispute, and who is blowing smoke up our arses? Sounds like a bunch of finger pointing going on here and the consumer once again is stuck in the middle!

Isn't Versus owned/operated by COMSAT, a direct competitor of D-TV? How many of the other, "carriers" who are running Versus "at the current market price" have had their contracts come due with Versus as D-TV has? That lil bit of fact, would certainly toss someone under the bus wouldn't ya think?

We're not getting the whole story here and it is impossible for me to jump to conclusions and take sides. Oh well, there's always Mafia Wars! HAR! HAR! HAR!
some guy

Post by some guy »

Cooch wrote:So uh, who's really telling the truth in this dispute, and who is blowing smoke up our arses? Sounds like a bunch of finger pointing going on here and the consumer once again is stuck in the middle!

Isn't Versus owned/operated by COMSAT, a direct competitor of D-TV? How many of the other, "carriers" who are running Versus "at the current market price" have had their contracts come due with Versus as D-TV has? That lil bit of fact, would certainly toss someone under the bus wouldn't ya think?

We're not getting the whole story here and it is impossible for me to jump to conclusions and take sides. Oh well, there's always Mafia Wars! HAR! HAR! HAR!
+1

We are caught in the middle of two major corporations doing the huckle buck. Glad to see someone else gets it. Amen Cooch.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

You can all have Versus back, all you have to do is call Direct TV cancel it and get Comcast instead.
biteme

Post by biteme »

I get it free on Dish
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Cooch wrote:So uh, who's really telling the truth in this dispute, and who is blowing smoke up our arses? Sounds like a bunch of finger pointing going on here and the consumer once again is stuck in the middle!

The information is out there... did some research a week or so back, but figured I'd spare the Nutcases all the spurious and sordid details, but if anyone is interested then Google is your friend.

Comcast apparently already paid the increase, hence they are still broadcasting the channel.

I'm too vested in custom TiVo's to switch over myself.

Roger
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Cooch wrote:So uh, who's really telling the truth in this dispute, and who is blowing smoke up our arses?
I thought you were going to go soak yourself?!? :twisted: :shock: :lol:

Roger
rickd

Post by rickd »

Hockey season is starting to get going that will pressure both parties to work something out soon.

Nothing else will work to get them to agree on a new deal.
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

Thanks for the Link DAD :wink:
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
bigjosh15

Post by bigjosh15 »

I think it is ridiculous that comcast is so demanding with direct tv, I really wanted to swich just for the VERSUS channel but I cant give up TiVo so I guess we just have to wait for VERSUS to hopfully get back on direct tv
Delaney

Post by Delaney »

I thought that I read that Comcast owns Versus and DTV said that they were making unreasonable demands re Versus. We'll never know what those demands are so it's hard to choose sides. Is the purpose of this website to gain support so that DTV caves in to unreasonable demands?
There She Is!!!
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

done
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Delaney wrote:Is the purpose of this website to gain support so that DTV caves in to unreasonable demands?
NO. If you don't agree, don't do it. Many of the Nutcases here have DTV and aren't able to view their programming and have lost much of their fishing programs, me included. I want to be able to see the FLW Outdoors series, along with much of the other content. If that means adding Versus as an alternate premium tier, or just adding it to the lineup, it should be an option IMHO. NOTHING unreasonable about it... the price went up and DTV stood their ground... I pay a heck of a lot each month for my programming, not to mention the additional charges for the UFC fights and pay-per-view movies - not too happy about not being able to watch the fishing shows any longer.

THIS POST IS NOT OFFICIALLY SANCTIONED BY WESTERN BASS OR ANY OTHER ENTITY AND IS THE SOLE OPINION OF THE POSTER - take it for what you will.

Roger
Delaney

Post by Delaney »

I wasn't referring to "this" website, I was referring to the Versus president's letter website.
There She Is!!!
Andi

Post by Andi »

Yes, raw deal considering the cost to DTV is like pennies per subscriber per month.
Andi Sanders
Owner, Talon Series Custom Lures
www.talonlures.com
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Delaney wrote:I wasn't referring to "this" website, I was referring to the Versus president's letter website.
Ah... my bad. Thanks for the clarification.

Roger
acm95301

Post by acm95301 »

Versus is owned by comcast, and wants to raise the cost of the show to its competitor DTV. In the process, we lose a few fairly decent fishing shows. And with the lost of truebass, the fishing shows are now sparse.

Without passing the cost to us I doubt we will versus on dtv.

I say bring back Truebass!
2009 Bass tracker 175 TXW 60 hp
Lowrance HD7 with Lss-1.
Power Drive V2 70lb 24v Minnkota trolling Motor.
Basslab

Post by Basslab »

I was so irate that I called DTV over the cancellation of Versus and demanded to speak to a supervisor. Although we were told that we were being held hostage by Comcast with higher prices, I asked if DTV didn't feel they were holding other providers hostage by not allowing anyone else access to NFL Sunday Ticket. I also asked why we were never told how much Comcast wanted and what it would mean in a monthly increase. Went on to say that since they were paying Comcast for the rights to Versus that they were now spending less and we were still paying the same monthly rates. I demanded, and received, $10 a month reduction in my monthly rate until Versus came back or I switched to someone else as I am a hockey nut so missing the NHL and all our fishing and sports programming was a hard pill to swallow. Give em a call make your voice heard!
slimmy houston

Post by slimmy houston »

thanks roger......this has been driving me nuts!!!!
green_monster

Post by green_monster »

Basslab wrote:I was so irate that I called DTV over the cancellation of Versus and demanded to speak to a supervisor. Although we were told that we were being held hostage by Comcast with higher prices, I asked if DTV didn't feel they were holding other providers hostage by not allowing anyone else access to NFL Sunday Ticket. I also asked why we were never told how much Comcast wanted and what it would mean in a monthly increase. Went on to say that since they were paying Comcast for the rights to Versus that they were now spending less and we were still paying the same monthly rates. I demanded, and received, $10 a month reduction in my monthly rate until Versus came back or I switched to someone else as I am a hockey nut so missing the NHL and all our fishing and sports programming was a hard pill to swallow. Give em a call make your voice heard!
I have been thinking about calling as well. What was their answer? Did they comp you? Was there any immediate result?
Last edited by green_monster on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Work is for people who don't know how to fish!" unknown

http://www.folsombassteam.com
Delta Buck

Post by Delta Buck »

I did a little research after Versus left Direct TV. I called Dish Net and was told that they are in contract for Versus with Comcast for the next ten years! In addition, Dish Net offers WFN which translates to World Fishing Network; fishing shows 24/7 365/year. With DVR, you can watch your favorite fishing shows all the time ( and make your wife mad!). I also found that Dish Net is cheaper than Direct TV. Just make sure you are not under contract with Direct TV before you cancel them so you don't get stuck with a cancelation fee. I can't believe I lived so long without DVR!!! The first show I watched on WFN was Bass Edge. This episode was filmed in the Delta :D
The Delta rules!
Delaney

Post by Delaney »

I complained to DTV,talked to supv. at length about this and his answer was that "they were tring to not to increase our rates". I didn't think to ask how much. Any at the end of the coversation I stated the purpose of my call was not to get a "freebie", but if you were to offer a bone I might take it. I'm not kidding, but he said would you like your bone to be Starz or Showtime for three months. I chose Showtime, and told him he may lose my business in three months if this isn't settled.
There She Is!!!
biteme

Post by biteme »

Delta Buck wrote:I did a little research after Versus left Direct TV. I called Dish Net and was told that they are in contract for Versus with Comcast for the next ten years! In addition, Dish Net offers WFN which translates to World Fishing Network; fishing shows 24/7 365/year. With DVR, you can watch your favorite fishing shows all the time ( and make your wife mad!). I also found that Dish Net is cheaper than Direct TV. Just make sure you are not under contract with Direct TV before you cancel them so you don't get stuck with a cancelation fee. I can't believe I lived so long without DVR!!! The first show I watched on WFN was Bass Edge. This episode was filmed in the Delta :D
Ill never go back, Dish rules!
Ray Vanacore

Post by Ray Vanacore »

AT&T U-verse has Versus and just about anything else there is, even Comcast sport channal. I wouldnt go back to either DTV or Dish & and I would rather go without TV then go to Comcast. + I pay less then for TV,PHONE & Internet combined then when i had the others.Plus you can record 4 non HD movies at once or HD and one non HD. Just my opinion.
Ray Vanacore
Last edited by Ray Vanacore on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray Vanacore
Basslab

Post by Basslab »

I agree 100% with you Ray and contacted AT&T about UVerse and it is not available in our area, as of yet. If you want a package from AT&T in our area, guess who your TV provider is........DTV! My brother has UVerse in his area and although I would lose the NFL Sunday Ticket by going with them, I will do it in a heartbeat when they get into our community.
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

I gots cable with VERSUS IN HIDEF and 40 hi def channels but no hbo or there counter parts for 53.38 a month with a duel DVR no contract. month to month the only thing they don't offer IS WFN AND NFL PAK
biteme

Post by biteme »

fishinman wrote:I gots cable with VERSUS IN HIDEF and 40 hi def channels but no hbo or there counter parts for 53.38 a month with a duel DVR no contract. month to month the only thing they don't offer IS WFN AND NFL PAK
Close to dish. I pay 55.00 a month for Hidef and free Cinemax with auto pay. Two TV's hooked up with DVR's. I have no contract and get Versus and WFN also. Im pretty happy as you can tell.
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

BiteME I was offered the same after having dish for a year but they wanted 79.95 plus tax for the same options as yours but only with a 2 YEAR CONTRACT, so off to option land I went , cancelled DISH after my 1 year contract was over. If your in northern or central Ca. mabe its cheaper. I live in Los Angeles County.[/quote]