Gotta Luv Tundra

Share vehicle info.
Basslab

Gotta Luv Tundra

Post by Basslab »

Being a Ford man for over 20 years, I purchased my first Toyota in May 2007 in the form of the new Tundra. Yeah, it was my first 4x2 but all the room of the extra cab and that big 381 HP with the TRD package was irresistable. Last week, my daughter and I took a road trip to Flagstaff, Arizona to visit her brother and on our first mileage calculation after leaving Sac, we averaged 19.2 MPG. On the return I filled up just before entering CA and the new calculation was 20.74 MPG and that was maintaining a steady 80 MPH with the cruise control operating perfectly. I know we don't buy trucks for fuel economy but I would like to see Howie Long and one of his Chevy trucks ever come close to what a real truck can do.......his TV ads are pretty funny but if you have ever seen a Toyota Tundra commercial, you can believe everything they claim! Love my Tundra and it pulls my Champion over, up and around all the hills and valleys without ever knowing it's there.
bubba

Re: Gotta Luv Tundra

Post by bubba »

I got an average of 19.6 in my Tundra (2007 5.7L 4x4)) on a recent trip up to Bend, Oregon and back! Very nice for a big v8 pushing out 380+ hp. Was up in 4,500 ft elevation and never noticed a loss in power. Funny thing was I saw many new Tundras in Oregon, so many I was surprised by the number. Seems there was one going the other way every few miles!
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

toyota may have the 1 ton out in 2010 it looks like a monster.
punk bass
Shore Hunter

Post by Shore Hunter »

I know a lot of people like to buy American, but I have been more then satisfied with my Toyota Tacoma V6. It is an 05 and I have 60000 miles on it and no problems whatsoever. My first truck was a Toyota then I bought a Chevy. Had numerous problems with the Chevy. The last problem, the transmission went. I traded it in for the truck I have now, 05 Toyota Tacoma. Very happy with my truck. My opinion, you can't go wrong with a Toyota Truck.
TIGHT LINES!!
bubba

Post by bubba »

Tundras are made in San Antonio. Tacoma use to be made in Fremont. Last time I looked, San Antonio and Fremont were both still in America.
Shore Hunter

Post by Shore Hunter »

Bubba,
I worked for Toyota Manufacturing for 9yrs. I am fully aware of where they are assembled, not made. We assembled the truck beds, catalytic converters, and steering columns right here in Long Beach, CA. Freemont is where they did the assembly of the complete car/truck. The plant is called Nummi. So, although they are "assembled" in America, we still get the parts shipped here from Japan. And, although they are assembled here, all Toyota's are still Japanese designed and engineered.
So when I say buy American, anyone with sense will know what I am talking about.
TIGHT LINES!!