*Need Information on Turkey Hunting*

sheldonbisbee

*Need Information on Turkey Hunting*

Post by sheldonbisbee »

Where is a good place to go and set up a blind and call turkey in?
My pops and I would like some of your input on places to hunt,
thanks.
fishnhunt21

Re: *Need Information on Turkey Hunting*

Post by fishnhunt21 »

Are you talking for the fall or spring? If you live out of Sac, you got a few wildlife areas around. Auburn state rec area, Spenceville WA and Daughtery Hill WA above Yuba City and Marysville. Just going to be a lot of people in the spring. You can go on Fish and Game website and look up wildlife areas for maps and directions.

John
sheldonbisbee

Post by sheldonbisbee »

fishnhunt21 wrote:Are you talking for the fall or spring? If you live out of Sac, you got a few wildlife areas around. Auburn state rec area, Spenceville WA and Daughtery Hill WA above Yuba City and Marysville. Just going to be a lot of people in the spring. You can go on Fish and Game website and look up wildlife areas for maps and directions.

John
For the fall, do you think there will be alot of people in Spenceville area?
fishnhunt21

Post by fishnhunt21 »

I don't think there will be that many, but you have the quail hunters that come through and shoot up the country side, so that may push the turkeys around.

But, I think you have a chance on Spenceville, especially if they are flocked up and out in the open. Do you know Spenceville? I have seen a lot of birds back by the falls, above the archery range and at the end of the property by the white gate...I think it was off Long Ravine rd. good luck!
sheldonbisbee

Post by sheldonbisbee »

fishnhunt21 wrote:I don't think there will be that many, but you have the quail hunters that come through and shoot up the country side, so that may push the turkeys around.

But, I think you have a chance on Spenceville, especially if they are flocked up and out in the open. Do you know Spenceville? I have seen a lot of birds back by the falls, above the archery range and at the end of the property by the white gate...I think it was off Long Ravine rd. good luck!
Well, My family pig hunts up there but thats about it that i know of the area
fishnhunt21

Post by fishnhunt21 »

Get a map and check it out. I don't usually hunt the fall there, but in the spring, I have found birds above the archery range and back by the falls. Good luck if you go.