"Girlie" from Clearlake left us today...I know she

Shad*Wizard

"Girlie" from Clearlake left us today...I know she

Post by Shad*Wizard »

is already up there playing with Kacie in "Doggie Heaven"...My sister rescued her over a year and a half ago from being totally neglected and left out in the cold up at Clearlake...She lived out her life with much love and happiness...She was a miniature "Lassie" lookalike and was a great companion to all that befriended her...

Thanks for the friendship, Girlie...
lowerider

Re: "Girlie" from Clearlake left us today...I know

Post by lowerider »

Funny how animals can become part of the family sometimes. Glad to hear you gave her a good home. That was a great thing you did. Both my pets are resued from the pound but they are family now. Sorry for your loss.
lunker punker

Post by lunker punker »

There is no easy way to slice losing a dedicated friend. Unconditional love is priceless. I just read a story by Dan o'Sullivan today on bassmaster.com about how Barkley recently passed. (Mark Menendezs yellow lab). Made me tear up. I lost my black lab of 13.5 years 2 years ago and i still miss him to this day. They are truly a unique gift from God.
Big baits,big fish,big smiles!!!!!
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

Get out some Kleenex for this...

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Losing pets is tough...but it's only temporary. Watch this video and you'll feel better.
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
Dom

Post by Dom »

Hey Jer I miss "Bo" also, You,Bo and I spent a many days on my Champ fishing and hanging out he was a good smart dog. you know he is the reason I got a Choc Lab "Chip" in the first place. For those who dont know he was a smart dog(chip) but I had to put him down he was just MEAN but a great friend to me. I bread him and now he lives on in his daughter "Mary Jane" His pup Just like Bo will live on in Black Dog Baits.
Tight Lines Dom
some guy

Post by some guy »

Im sorry for your loss. Its tough when you lose a good friend like that. I lost a my black lab of 12 years 3 years ago and it sucked. I had him since I was 12. It was hard to get over for sure. I finally got a new dog last year. A choco lab pup. She is a great dog and loves the water. I dont get it when I meet people and they dont like dogs.. I look at them like how could you not?

There werent kidding when they call them mans best friend. There is something about when you walk in the door from work and they are there to greet you that never gets old. Once again, I am sorry for you and your families loss.
Last edited by some guy on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
XMAN

Post by XMAN »

I lost my lab 'MONA' about 15 yrs ago--man did we have a ball hunting ducks at grizzly is.--she'd find-em when i didnt think she had a clue where they were--started her swimming at LMC, then would do hand signal traing in the fields between pittsburg and antioch--she had 2 football sized tumors near her stomach and 2 surguries later and at 13 i had to put her down--i couldnt let her suffer--i got alot of grizzly is. pics though--i put a sherherd and a rot down also---its tough----X
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

I hear you all !

We lost Ruger suddeny and very unexpectedly while scouting for the MQ opener up in the Sierra's.

That dog was trained by me with both of our's 110% attention to one another - and I can not even begin to say what an AWESOME dog Ruger was for me, my family and everyone that hunted with him.

I got me a replacement ... But he - Nor any other dog will even be the same a Ruger was.

[quote]
A Perfect Plan-

We started our vacation to head out of town right after our youngest son’s Saturday soccer game. What a more perfect way to start a vacation than our family tradition of food from El Camino restaurant. After that we were topping off the tanks before we headed up. During that time I received a call from Mel Carter. He was wondering something about some camps in the Sierra’s- We were heading up there- I was thinking We could surprise him a visit- How perfect was that?

We were going to go up to scout for the opening of Mountain Quail. We had planned to start out low in elevations on the Hwy 88/ Mokulmee Wilderness boarder and work into the upper elevations. With Hope Valley being the last day before we grubbed on the Kirkwood Inn’s Happy Hour Taco’s on Tuesday. Can it get any more perfect of a plan?

Pulling in and through Buckhorn I called a local bar owner on the whimsical chance that Backcountry maybe up in the area for a 2and weekend. It did not come to pass that I could check out this guzzler with the map held in secrecy that he shared with others and me. So we traveled in from the Omo Ranch Rd and into some hills that are clear-cut with brush piles- Not really finding the necessary water- we pushed in further. In and out of the truck- in and back to the main road- Near Pipi Valley we came across a couple of coveys just from the road past Carpenters Hill on the continued way North. At Pipi we stopped to get out and get Ruger some water- In he dove and came up with a small rock from the bottom in 2 ½ feet of water. The water felt good on our naked feet as the sun was setting. A perfect day one.

The next morning we were up early- my boys and my dad after a breakfast of Blueberry Pancakes, Bacon and Eggs- we drove and looked at an area that holds the locks on the coveys on the south side of the Mormon Immigrant Trail. After some more scouting we came up to a clearing around 1015. Then we broke out the shotguns, Clay pigeons, .22’s and a Red Ryder BB gun. A full 2 hours of that we so enjoyed, we lost all track of the time. How perfect is that?

Back at my Parents house we packed up my dads truck and head into Sly Park for an afternoon of frolicking in the lake under hot sun in cooling waters with the boys Grandparents and their dog. Ruger and Buddy were in the water all day as long as we were. How more perfect can that be?

Let me back up some-

A little over 4 years ago I devised a plan. It was A plan to get my wife and my son’s out in the field hunting – Something that memories are made up of for a lifetime for sure. But this was a plan to ground our family into the outdoors- No- To “furtherâ€
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
XMAN

Post by XMAN »

dan--dude--what did you do to me , i cant stop crying--these tears are for my 'MONA' and your 'RUGER' and everybody else that lost a dear hunting friend---one day we all shall meet--what a story-----XMAN