I guess times are really tough for alot of people

Dom

I guess times are really tough for alot of people

Post by Dom »

I just got home from work and checked out the Classifieds, in all the years I have been on this forum I have never seen so many boats,reels,rods, and baits for sale.

I put my boat up for sale becuase I plan on buying a bigger newer one come January, but with all the GREAT DEALS out there I will never get what I am asking for it. I guess I will just sit on it till things turn around.
Tight Lines Dom
XMAN

Re: I guess times are really tough for alot of people

Post by XMAN »

And here i'm loaded with cash and cant find nothin---damn--or i should say figure out what i want--i will say back east has some damn nice boats for nice prices--everytime i check a boat out, the boats good but the motor scares me--i do think i'm heading towards a yamaha--maybe a nice 482 with a v-max---i'm tired of seeing the same motor brand with all these new powerheads on--whats that tell ya----X
cib11b

Post by cib11b »

XMAN wrote:And here i'm loaded with cash and cant find nothin---damn--or i should say figure out what i want--i will say back east has some damn nice boats for nice prices--everytime i check a boat out, the boats good but the motor scares me--i do think i'm heading towards a yamaha--maybe a nice 482 with a v-max---i'm tired of seeing the same motor brand with all these new powerheads on--whats that tell ya----X

I hate you... :( I use to clear 7 G's a month I can't even splurge on tackle now.. Lucky to pay the bills.
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Yeah I was rolling in dough a year ago. Got laid off from the county, found a new job and they put me on call as needed 2 months ago. Have not worked more than 6 hours total in 4 weeks. I have 4 kids and no medical insurance. So yeah, I'm scared now. Wife just got liceanced for a day care today, so that at least makes the mortgage. Talk about one in at the buzzer though.

I got the time and the boat to fish, just no money for gas until I sell a few things.
LL
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

You can join me anytime Brandon, just let me know.

It's scary as hell for me right now too. I'm getting older and my pay keeps shrinking and bills keep getting larger, and I ain't done nothing wrong! Well in a long time anyway

God Bless America :evil: !
Last edited by MIKE TREMONT on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had to come back...I know...
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

Times are tough for people all over the country.
I am on Long Island, just east of NYC.

I have had a home repair/maintenance/improvement since 1983, never needing to advertise at all, relying on repeats and refferals, and this year, clearly will be my WORST year ever for me by along shot.

My wife is a service tech, fixing document sorters, scanners, etc, for the same firm, and she will be layed of in Decemeber after being with the company for 27 years.
They too have NO work...

Times are indeed VERY tough.
Share fishing with someone
drrakruz

Post by drrakruz »

Wild Bill wrote:Times are indeed VERY tough.
Bill,

You may be familiar with this as you are in NY. It's a real eye-opener, for all, as to why times are so tough right now. It's about 1 1/2 hours long, but well worth the watch.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/59026/cnbc-or ... e-of-cards
Sponsors:
M & M Marine, Lincoln, CA
[img]http://www.evolutionmarine.net/images/mercury.logo.gif[/img]
PLAY HARD AND FLOOR IT!!
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

I have not got one offer other then someone wanting a few baits.

Im not crying :roll:
Go Big or Go Home!
http://calfishing.com/gallery/v/members/bassindon69/basspics/
YZKEN250

Post by YZKEN250 »

I hear ya. Had to sell my boat over a year ago. I own a stair railing company here in Lodi. Businees has been down over 90%. I have no employees anymore and am back working out of my garage. I used to have a 3000sq ft shop. 2 of my competitors just closed thir doors last week. I am back working at the company I first started with back in 19996. Most of their work is in the Bay area and doesnt pay very well but its better than nothing right now. New homes just are not being built right now. Good luck to everyone.
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

I bought a custom furniture company 7 years ago and have been so low that bankruptcy has been considered for the last year. I finally paid off the owners and got out and made sales calls and we are now getting decent orders so I am hoping rich people are starting to spend a little. There is some high end building going on here in AZ so maybe you can get that door biz back up and running before long. I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. Fear is not a healthy thing and I need to buy another boat.
CATCHEMCARO

Post by CATCHEMCARO »

This is a fitting thread. I was hoping to get my first used Ranger in 2010, but the company I have worked for for 26 years claimed chapter 7 and shut the doors Oct 9th. I was lucky to have not bought my Ranger and my wife has a solid job. So I'm collecting Unemployment for a few months and just fishing from the kick boat every chance I get. The company was Reliance Trailers. They've been around since 1914. Times are ruff out there, but it's all going to change for the better soon and I'll have that Ranger and I'll be knocking on the door of all you pros out there.
Rich
WWW.SCBBBC.COM
http://catchemcarobaits.com/index.html
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

CATCHEMCARO wrote:This is a fitting thread. I was hoping to get my first used Ranger in 2010, but the company I have worked for for 26 years claimed chapter 7 and shut the doors Oct 9th. I was lucky to have not bought my Ranger and my wife has a solid job. So I'm collecting Unemployment for a few months and just fishing from the kick boat every chance I get. The company was Reliance Trailers. They've been around since 1914. Times are ruff out there, but it's all going to change for the better soon and I'll have that Ranger and I'll be knocking on the door of all you pros out there.
Rich
just a though, but since are elected officials can't seem to make any good choices let's go sell there stuff. I'm sick of selling things I worked so hard to get.

Don't have to drive far to the stupid things are city is waisting money on.
LL
Phil

Post by Phil »

Like my best friend; Try starting a business a few years ago in the fishing industry; gets himself a nice 21 ft boat, motorhome to go around and promote his business, no governmnt grant, his own money, all to watch the economy fade, loose it all and try to start over. Yeah, it's bad. :( but :wink: will survive.