The Bass a thon Trip

Share your funny stories.
JJCJR

The Bass a thon Trip

Post by JJCJR »

A guy was at the Bass a thon early in the morning.

He began his day finding the most perfect swimbaits at the first table he stopped at and a new Lucky Craft lure on sale in the second. In the third, he found everything reduced by 20 percent... when his cell phone rang.

It was a male doctor notifying him that his wife had just been in a terrible car accident and was in critical condition and in the ICU. The guy told the doctor to inform his wife where he was and that he'd be there as soon as possible. As he hung up he realized he was leaving what was shaping up to be his best day ever in a fishing tackle store. He decided to stop at a couple of more tables before heading to the hospital.

He ended up shopping the rest of the morning, finishing his trip listening to a couple of the seminars and having lunch with his friends. He was jubilant.

Then he remembered his wife.

Feeling guilty, he dashed to the hospital. He met the doctor in the corridor and asked about her wife's condition.

The doctor glared at him and shouted, 'You went ahead and finished your shopping at the Bass a thon, didn't you! I hope you're proud of yourself! While you were out for the past four hours enjoying yourself, your wife has been languishing in the Intensive Care Unit! It's just as well you went ahead and finished, because it will more than likely be the last Bass a thon you'll ever go to!

For the rest of her life your wife will require round-the-clock care. And she will now be your career!'

The guy was feeling so guilty, he broke down in grief!.

The doctor then chuckled and said, 'I'm just pulling your leg. She's dead.... now show me what you picked-up at the Bass a thon.