WHOS ALL IN? RON SMITH CELEBRATION OF LIFE

MJNEMEC

WHOS ALL IN? RON SMITH CELEBRATION OF LIFE

Post by MJNEMEC »

FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER WEBSITE: Ron sounds like he was a compassionate type of person who loved to give back. You know what's really ironic is, I have felt for a good 2 years or more that I have at least the min of what it takes to be successful in a tournament. The problem I was having was finding the right time and tournament to actually start in. Ron's making an impact STILL apparantly! Very Happy His tournament is allowing me to get on the path of making my dream reality. For some reason or another something came thru for me that's allowing me to fish this tournament. This event is also allowing those who normally can't afford to do tournaments get at the chance for this one. I'm pretty excited to say the least, I have such a passion for this sport and to be able to compete and celebrate the life of an amazing individual at the sametime is priceless!!! Thank you for all that you have done to make this tournament possible. I will come by when I see you to say hello you take it easy out there. Wink[/b]
Throw wood in the morning
MJNEMEC

Re: WHOS ALL IN? RON SMITH CELEBRATION OF LIFE

Post by MJNEMEC »

MJNEMEC wrote:FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER WEBSITE: Ron sounds like he was a compassionate type of person who loved to give back. You know what's really ironic is, I have felt for a good 2 years or more that I have at least the min of what it takes to be successful in a tournament. The problem I was having was finding the right time and tournament to actually start in. Ron's making an impact STILL apparantly! Very Happy His tournament is allowing me to get on the path of making my dream reality. For some reason or another something came thru for me that's allowing me to fish this tournament. This event is also allowing those who normally can't afford to do tournaments get at the chance for this one. I'm pretty excited to say the least, I have such a passion for this sport and to be able to compete and celebrate the life of an amazing individual at the sametime is priceless!!! Thank you for all that you have done to make this tournament possible. I will come by when I see you to say hello you take it easy out there. Wink[/b]
Enter Ron Smith. Here was a person who embodied the spirit of all good men - a loving husband, a caring father, a great friend and a boss who was respected – and loved – by his employees. Not a rock star, war hero, police officer or celebrity, but simply a decent man.

“Who was Ron Smith?â€
Throw wood in the morning
szuloaga

Post by szuloaga »

I'm in!!!! What a treat it's going to be. Thanks for posting that. lol It's all true.

Steve
Derrek Stewart

Post by Derrek Stewart »

Merriam Webster

Definition; win•ner

• one that wins
• one that is successful especially through praiseworthy ability and hard work
• one that wins admiration

I have never met Ron Smith, but what I have learned from those that knew him is that he was a good friend, a good family man, a good member of his community, a good person, sounds like he was a winner.

We all love our sport, and common to our sport is competing in tournaments. Some would say the reason we participate in these tournaments is to express our passion in fishing. I would say, deep down inside we all want that chance to win. Yeah, we want to be a winner, we all dream of it!

Winners have a trait, they recognize opportunity.

Opportunity is here and if recognized will make you a winner. By participating in this tournament we will be celebrating Ron's life and life itself. By participating, regardless of the results, we will honor the goodness that Ron represented and what we all work to represent.

Ron has passed too soon, that could be anyone of us at any given time. By participating you will make a statement that you support your community, a community that may one day reflect on the footprints that you left behind. By participating you affirm a commitment to live as a better person, not just for your family, friends, and community but for yourself.

We often disagree about how things should be in the bass fishing community but this opportunity creates no debate. This opportunity makes winners of all who make effort to honor the life of a winner. We love our sport, we love to fish, participating in this tournament will not require anything more than what we all love to do, so be a winner, participate!

(12/20/09 Lake Castaic event information can found in the "Sticky" above. There is much more for the entire family than just the tournament.)