Theory on why no delta stamp this year?

jaime7819

Theory on why no delta stamp this year?

Post by jaime7819 »

Because it will be easier to divert water out of the system. If they collect than they are essentially setting a precedent to provide some type of fishing recreation because they collected. If no collection, fisherman and the community have less ammo. to fight It. I think this is the simple rational. They are simply laying the foundation to make the changes the state wants later on. What do you guys think?
biteme

Re: Theory on why no delta stamp this year?

Post by biteme »

Yes sir. I feel for you guys that fish the Delta. When the Gov steps in its a no win. They WILL do what they want no matter whats said.
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

jaime7819 wrote: If they collect than they are essentially setting a precedent to provide some type of fishing recreation because they collected.
They haven't provided any fishing/recreation benefits from the sale of Delta "Enhancement" stamps in years past, It has been "pirated" into the General Fund. What makes you think it would be any different if they collected this year?? The only precedent they COULD set would be to actually spend the money the way it was originally intended...
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

I have NEVER worn my Fishing Liscence.

It has ALWAYS been tucked into my hiney kiester in my wallet - FOR SAFE KEEPING ! -- Or in my Glove Box/Inside my Wallet for even safer keeping.

If I ever ran across a DFG Warden - and then recieved ticketed for it ...... He can blow me and I'll drag his arse to court for waisting another day of both of our time......Only he will be getting O.T. or not time in the field doing his job.

That was ~and is the STUPIDEST CA Commision "Law" that was passed.

(outside of limiting Abalone Divers only 3 Ab's per trip - instead of Four Ab's -- on a 24 limit per per year card ! :evil: )

Glad there are changes being made -- but again -- It won't affect me at all. :wink:
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

because you never wear your fishing lisence (like most of us) you think that is why they did away with the delta stamp?
:lol:
just shut up and fish
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

I think Dan got "cross-threaded" :lol:
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"