Powell Rods been busy

Gary Dobyns

Powell Rods been busy

Post by Gary Dobyns »

The last couple of days have been busy. We have our pro-staff in place. Mike Long will be designing 3 models of swimbait rods. Tony Franchesci, Roy Hawk, Armondo Luzuriaga, Bernie Gaunt, John Harper, and Tom Matsunaga are all helping me with some additional bass rods. I am working with a couple more guys and I'll let everyone know down the road a few days. I'm very happy to have every one of these guys. If you run across one of these guys be sure and say hello. They are all great guys that are very approachable and love to talk FISHING.

Gary D.
Paul W

Re: Powell Rods been busy

Post by Paul W »

Sounds awesome. I got my first one last month...I am probably the only guy in FL w/ one!! Awesome rod, way better value and quality than a Loomis. I will definitely be getting some more.

Paul W
Jerry Tilton

Post by Jerry Tilton »

Hi Gary, Jerry Tilton here, I had 5 rods made in 1984 with Powell steelhead blanks. One flipping stick and 4 crank rods etc. I still use them to this day. The feel is outstanding and the tip is soft enough to play the big fish with light line. I am glad to see you get hooked up with such a good product. lots of luck (as if you need any).
it only takes one more cast
Jerry Tilton

Post by Jerry Tilton »

Hi Gary, Jerry Tilton here, I had 5 rods made in 1984 with Powell steelhead blanks. One flipping stick and 4 crank rods etc. I still use them to this day. The feel is outstanding and the tip is soft enough to play the big fish with light line. I am glad to see you get hooked up with such a good product. lots of luck (as if you need any).
it only takes one more cast
lawrencelee

Post by lawrencelee »

what model do you recommend for
spinning bait in 6'6" or 7"

Thanks,
Smileee
Smileee
Auggie Dog

Post by Auggie Dog »

Gary,

Where can I get some info on these rods? I am looking forward to see the swimbait rod Mike is designing. Any target date for release?

Dave W.
Ukiah, Ca
Eat, sleep, fish...I love my Skeeter!
Almost as much as my wife!!! :)
BassCatPuma

Re: website

Post by BassCatPuma »

The powell rod web site is

www.powellco.com

Tim Hendricks
BassCatPuma

Post by BassCatPuma »

Triton Mike

Post by Triton Mike »

I saw these rods at Icast for the first time and they are VERY NICE rods and an absolute STEAL for the price you pay for them.. You can't beat a 169-199 for a rod with all the latest rod mods ie split grips and no foregrips!

T Mike
tfranceschi

Post by tfranceschi »

Hey Smileee,

If you still need a recommendation on the rod please give me a call. You have my number on a Private Message.

Tony Franceschi
Tony Franceschi