Installing Fog Lights

ash
SpeedBump

Installing Fog Lights

Post by ash »

Does anyone have experiance in installing aftermarket Fog Lamps? I have a GMC silverado and I am concerned with getting the switch to the cab.

I am thinking about tapping them in directly into the driving light electrical with an inline fuse, that way they are always on when the driving light is on, I can pull the fuse in the summer.

Any suggestions on this?
DaLa

Re: Installing Fog Lights

Post by DaLa »

do a couple searches that involve the use of a relay in the wiring for the lights. This will allow you to use your driving lights wire as a signal wire to the relay that in turn will provide battery voltage to the lights and will not overtax the circuit.

Dave
BassinFever

Post by BassinFever »

^
^
^
^
Ya that!!!
So much tackle, so little money!
profisha1

Post by profisha1 »

If you pull back the carpet underneath your pedal area, there should be a hole that is already through to underneath your hood.

I suggest alot of zip ties, and usually I add extra wire to the wiring kit just to make it a little longer, and allows me to put the wire where I see it being the cleanest looking.

Follow some of the plastic housings inside the hood to the area where the wire will push through behind your pedels, Zip tie to what you can, and I have mounted mine to right below my right knee. Its a little time consuming but easy.

RJ Bennett
- RJ Bennett
Norv

Post by Norv »

Ash,

I brought some wires through the plastic caps into the cab of my 2008 GMC and it wasn't a problem. You can use a bit of silicone to seal up around where the wire enters the cap to keep everything water proof.
Norval Chan

ESOX Rods
Put a Sock on It
Xtreme Reel+
Peregrine 250
Water Dog
Eagle Eye
California Community Credit Union