Keeper Worms ------- Wright Worms

Lugnut

Keeper Worms ------- Wright Worms

Post by Lugnut »

Okay so it is my understanding that Keeper was sold and is now Wright Worms. I also understand they are only going to make certain colors. My question is - Do they have a website or contact info so I can find out if they are making my 5-6 favorite colors?
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
Apimentel

Re: Keeper Worms ------- Wright Worms

Post by Apimentel »

Lugnut

Actually Jim and Judy Clark sold or gave the business to their son. ( Not sure which )He hasn't been able to keep up with demand in stores. Many stores had waited months with no wroms, so his Aunt who poured worms for years at Keeper opened up her own worm company. Her name is Sandy Wright so they are called Wright worms. She can make anything keeper used to, but she doesn't have every mold. If you need it she can get it.
rico

Post by rico »

with so many handpour guys around, why don't you take your favorite worms to your local tackle shop and have someone match them
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

That was going to be my last resource. Nothing against the other guys, I have just been using Keeper Worms since I was in High School.
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
anonybass13

Post by anonybass13 »

I've got a ton of hand pours for sale. I'll look and see what Keeper worms I got. Any specific colors?
Melones_IS_Mine

Post by Melones_IS_Mine »

Lugnut-I've been a Keeper guy since I was 14. The Keeper site is down, and I haven't found a "Wright Worms" site. However, I was told that Bassectomy pours for Gloryhole, and I'm lucky that a couple of my favorite colors are made by them.

anonybass13-I'm looking for the following numbers in the following styles:

#082, 013, 1001b, Purple, Grey, and Blue Ghost, and most colors in the #400 series.

4", 6", curly tail grubs, paddle tails, Zipper grubs, and Keeper Craws.
Mr. Green Weenie

Post by Mr. Green Weenie »

Good news Lugnut. The original Keeper Worms are still around!
I've heard these rumors about Keeper Worms also. However, I can verify that these rumors are incorrect. Rob Clark took over the family business and relocated it to the Exeter/Lindsay area. My guess is the relocation could have caused some confusion about the status of Keeper Worms and that may have led to rumors being circulated.
You can still find their worms in stores or you can call them (559) 562-1951. Another effective method of contact is via email keepercustomworms@yahoo.com.

Good luck and of course, tight lines!!!
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

Thanks for the info. I heard they are still around just not producing at the speed the local shops need to supply there customers. I noticed a few of my local shops that had carried them are now switching over to Wright Worms. I was just at one of my local shops and they had samples from Wright Worms. The GOOD NEWS is Wright Worms are pouring the 5-6 colors in the 4" and 6" Straight Tail worms that I use. Guess all is well in my world now. Thanks again for the info.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
Melones_IS_Mine

...any of those colors the #400 series? I was basically told "no dice" :( .

DON'T FORCE ME TO HAVE TO POUR MY OWN!!! :wink:

Post by Guest »

You need custom worms poured give merrit gilbert a call he owns bassectomy 559-292-FISH
calfisher71

Post by calfisher71 »

i just saw wright worms today on Stockton samples only!

they have all the same colors and more ! same family new name!
Fishing creates memories for a life time.
www.rbbassfishing.net
#RBASS
Melones_IS_Mine

...Stockton samples?

If what you're saying is true, then that's great news for me.

I might also check out what Merrit has.
calfisher71

Post by calfisher71 »

yes outdoor sportsman

see jake or Tong

RB Bassfishing sent you!
Fishing creates memories for a life time.
www.rbbassfishing.net
#RBASS
Scoot549

Post by Scoot549 »

Lug nut,

Wright Baits make a lot of different baits in a bunch of different colors; Inside Lines / Lunker Daddy in Merced have a full line of their baits. They have a website that is still in development here is the link. www.lunkerdaddy.com

Just an FYI.
Richard - Sonora

Ordered 20 packs Thru Glory Hole Sports....

Post by Richard - Sonora »

Melanie placed the order for me in several of my fave colors. Only took a few days for them to come in. Name on the package says "Wright" worms but they are exactly the same as those purchased earlier as "Keeper". There are different numbers assigned now for our favorites, so we will have to learn the new references.
Now I can sleep at night!! HA!! R - Sonora
Richard - Sonora

bump*NM*

Post by Richard - Sonora »

*NM*
Xbass365

Re: bump*NM*

Post by Xbass365 »

I was in the bait barn in waterford. The wall where keeper worms was, Is now filled with wright worms.. At least 100 sizes and colors. It looks to me like Keeper is out of there. I bought some of my favorites that keeper made in the wright worm. They worked great at mcclure,I can not tell a difference.
Xbass365 10 pound bass 365 days
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Check out the Bait Barn selection. Thery have a very large stock of product right now with a great color selection.
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
Phil

Post by Phil »

If in Don Pedro area, check out Don Pedro Market, he stocks MGM 6 1/2" RPT worm and also has some Pro worms, also the new Houseboat Minimart has MGM and Robo worms and Breakfast starting at 6 A.M. I saw the other day.