Stocking Bass by DFG?

Morgan

Stocking Bass by DFG?

Post by Morgan »

I read an article by George Kramer this weeks Western Ourdoor News that DFG was stocking bass in Elsinore. I was not aware that they stocked bass anywhere in California. Is it just that lake? I know we (Fresno Bass Club) have helped the DFG relocating smallmouth from Shaver, with some being the first to be put in Diamond Valley, but wondering where else. I'd like to see something else in Millerton (like more largemouths) and to put back something in Hensley and Eastman that all the meat anglers are taking.
Morgan
smpboy

Re: Stocking Bass by DFG?

Post by smpboy »

i think it was whipers or whatever u call them not lmb they put those in their to control the carp population.
GKramer

Post by GKramer »

This winter stocking is specific to a lake restoration plan here. And so there is no pretense, that number has reached a total of 15 fish so far (though the goal is 600). Availability and a clean bill of health of the fish to be stocked also enter into the equation. The wipers were part of an overall water quality/bait control issue at Elsinore. But costs have probably precluded more of them (purchased previously by the city).

gk

www.kramergonefishing.com
paulisaak

Post by paulisaak »

Flushing your tolit twice will help restock Elsinore...........
Kwin

Post by Kwin »

George,
I pulled that number (600) out of the air (remember you sampled the sacrificed 6 for the disease testing, & felt a little guilty about it?). Not knowing the potential of the site where we are getting the LMB from when I made the statement, we will get as many as we can.......the lake rising & flooding the terrestrial flora will do more good than moving fish anyway. C'mon El Nino.
paulisaak

Post by paulisaak »

Sorry I forgot you need to flush 3 times.....man how could I forget