BASS Marshals

bonsaibp

BASS Marshals

Post by bonsaibp »

What hotel or hotels is everyone staying at for the BASS Delta Tournament? Need to reserve room. Thanks
minnkotaman

Re: BASS Marshals

Post by minnkotaman »

the Super 8 on charter way.
$132 for 2 nights.
GW

Post by GW »

I have not been to that area of Stockton in a few years but I used to to a ton of work there so I know the city better than most and I can tell you 100% for sure that the Charter Way area sucks.

I would not sleep good at night with my car parked there.

You may be a little better in the March Lane and I-5 area
BASSTUD

Post by BASSTUD »

Stay away from Charter!! March Lane is much better.
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

March Lane is the place to be .... I am not a supporter of what BASS has done but good luck to you.
Ray L.
Sponsors:
www.legendbassboats.com
www.waderods.com
www.allengmc.com
www.gambler-bang.com
orange county circuit breakers

Five alive is good for me
Ricky-S

Post by Ricky-S »

March Lane
Quality Inn. I was just there two weeks ago. Right behind the In and Out.
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

I wouldn't stay on Charter Way in Stockton as bad area and has to be the highest crime section of town. You better have a security guy standing by your truck or boat and even then ?? Over by March Lane it's much safer. I know as I use to live in Stockton when it was safe.
Like the old say " Let the buyer beware " or in Stockton " You can pay me now or pay me later "
Jim V.

Post by Jim V. »

Charter would be crazy. March Lane isn't much better - keep everything locked up tight. I wouldn't leave anything of value in the boat overnight. Some crack head tried to get in my boat there last year. It is convenient though - Ladd's launch ramp is right down the street. But it's not that safe either. Had a brand new spare tire - locked on the trailer - stolen while we were out fishing. The slob that took the money in the morning to get in could not have cared less. Oh well - s**t happens. Been there several other times & nothing happened. When the BASS tour was there last time, many moons ago, there was security in the parking lot & not a problem I ever heard of. I would rather stay out at B&W Resort even though it's a much longer drive.
IMHO
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

believe it or not a lot of guys are staying at Comfort Suites in Oakley and leaving out of Russo's. Others are staying at B&W resort.
Comfort Suites $79 dollars a night
620 Dude

Post by 620 Dude »

Any Marshals from the Woodland or surrounding area interested in Car pooling?
SKTR 20i

Post by SKTR 20i »

I'm staying at the River Point Landing RV Park next to Ladd's in Stockton for the week.

John.
minnkotaman

Post by minnkotaman »

ok, i've gotten a lot of flack,
so i canceled. i'm now at the comfort inn
on march lane.
thanks for all the input.
fishn4bass

Post by fishn4bass »

Is the tournament launching from Ladds,or is there a launch @ Weber Pt.where the weigh in is?
SKTR 20i

Post by SKTR 20i »

Leaving out of Morelli Boat Launch!!

John.
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

Isn't Morelli ramp in downtown Stockton under neath the freeway ?? If that's the one they charge (sometime) when somebody's at the toll gate. There's no security there either and lot's of homeless and druggies wander around there.
No worse day than have a bad day out there and come back and find your truck or car broken into. That's why Stockton is rated one of the worst city crime why's to live in. FLW should had stayed out at Russo's.
The good part is in Stktn there's alot of motels and restuarnts close by off March Lane to chose from. From burger jonts to sit down dining.
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

fishwithron2 wrote:Isn't Morelli ramp in downtown Stockton under neath the freeway ?? If that's the one they charge (sometime) when somebody's at the toll gate. There's no security there either and lot's of homeless and druggies wander around there.
No worse day than have a bad day out there and come back and find your truck or car broken into. That's why Stockton is rated one of the worst city crime why's to live in. FLW should had stayed out at Russo's.
Yep, Morelli Park is the one under Eye-5. The city renovated the facility in 2008 (as well as the launches at Buckley Cove and Louis Park). Louis Park is the ramp where you *really* have to have concerns over the security of your parked rig as well as for personal safety.

http://www.stocktongov.com/redevelopmen ... roject.cfm
http://www.stocktongov.com/Redevelopmen ... allery.cfm
whazup

Post by whazup »

Agree re Louis Park. If you launch there, do yourself a favor and just leave everything unlocked and open. That way they "might" not destroy your vehicles while they take your stuff. That place needs a platoon of Marines to guard it. And don't forget your Kevlar.
Dave4622

Post by Dave4622 »

I will be at the La Quinta Inn Stockton on March lane. Decent area and plenty of resturants to choose from close by. Hopefully they will have security there at night. Anybody know if there is transportation from weigh in to launch or how this is set up to work? Dave