I'M MAD AS HELL AND NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE

If it doesn't fit in any other forum, this is where it goes.
Greg_Cornish

I'M MAD AS HELL AND NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE

Post by Greg_Cornish »

I'm not going to pay $50-60 a month for television anymore. I'm buying an HD antenna and am going back to the days oif free TV (after the initial investment).

Anyone with experience with this that could walk me through what to buy? I don't mind spending $500+ on one time setup.

Appreciated any input.

I have 1 HD TV and 3 normal. I might get 1 to 2 additional HD TVs
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Mitch

Re: I'M MAD AS HELL AND NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE

Post by Mitch »

Greg, I'm on the road all week, (OTR Truck Driver) and use an amplfied set of "rabbit ears" from Radio Shack. Works pretty good and there are a number of stations that I get depending on where I'm at. I would check and see what channels are available in your area by standard antenna before you jump off the cable/sat senario. If you do go to an antenna, I would invest in a rotor to fine tune the direction and a signal amplfier to enhance the signal. Also, Dish has a pretty good offer going right now for $ 25 a month for basic service + recievers and a DVR thrown in. I'm thinking about changing for the house from Direct TV.
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Mitch wrote:Greg, I'm on the road all week, (OTR Truck Driver) and use an amplfied set of "rabbit ears" from Radio Shack. Works pretty good and there are a number of stations that I get depending on where I'm at. I would check and see what channels are available in your area by standard antenna before you jump off the cable/sat senario. If you do go to an antenna, I would invest in a rotor to fine tune the direction and a signal amplfier to enhance the signal. Also, Dish has a pretty good offer going right now for $ 25 a month for basic service + recievers and a DVR thrown in. I'm thinking about changing for the house from Direct TV.
I'll check dish, but usually those are only introductary and don't carry NBC, FOX, CBS and ABC
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
g-man

Post by g-man »

Greg whats a normal TV? Is that code for black, and white?? :lol:
100% LL