DVL?

bassmonster

DVL?

Post by bassmonster »

Im coming from San Jose to fish this lake I have heard so much about. How good is this lake? I have fished lakes like Amistad and Roosevelt, could they be compared? How thorough is the quagga inspections? I need a good heads up before I drive down there.
JTorre

Re: DVL?

Post by JTorre »

quagga muscle inspection is very strict. Make sure you have your live wells completely dry. Make sure you have NO standing water anywhere in the boat. To make your inspection quicker, buy a safety flag (orange...like the water skiiers use when they have a person in the water), and a safety whissle in advance. Also, have your proof of registration and insurance ready. When they ask you what they last body of water your boat has been on, do not tell them a lake that is on the quagga list.

Lake is good now. I don't know if it is comparable to the lakes you mentioned. Make sure you work out your calf muscles cuz the walk up the launch ramp is killer.
Kwin

Post by Kwin »

pull your drain plug and be sure EVERYTHING is clean, drained & dry. you will also need to have an approved reduced emissions engine on your boat to get a MWD sticker. generally any 2004 or newer engine reduced emission (2 star or better) will be approved. this lake can be tough but there are good fish to be caught. tournaments this time of year take 25-30 lbs to win.
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

JTorre wrote:When they ask you what they last body of water your boat has been on, do not tell them a lake that is on the quagga list.
BRILLIANT!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: It is attitudes and morality like this that causes lakes to implement such draconian measures as quarantine periods and cable locks. Sheesh.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
split172

Post by split172 »

tunaman wrote:
JTorre wrote:When they ask you what they last body of water your boat has been on, do not tell them a lake that is on the quagga list.
BRILLIANT!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: It is attitudes and morality like this that causes lakes to implement such draconian measures as quarantine periods and cable locks. Sheesh.

Roger
LOL +1
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

split172 wrote:
tunaman wrote:

Roger
LOL +1
Roger, that is the Clean and Lie method of getting into lakes nowadays.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Ah, I see... I bet you wish you would have thought of that twice, right BD???

Roger
eric n

Post by eric n »

Its nothing like rosey or amistad,very little wood.More of a finesse lake,although the reaction bite can be wfo at times.Fish it like you would a heavily pressured park lake and you will have a blast.When you coming down?Couple days of good weather and it will be chewing
bassmonster

Post by bassmonster »

Im coming down this weekend...thanks for the help, thats what I needed to know.
some guy

Post by some guy »

There is 3 tournaments there this weekend that I know of. There could be more. Try and go mid week. Weekend is a zoo.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Post by DL »

some guy wrote:There is 3 tournaments there this weekend that I know of. There could be more. Try and go mid week. Weekend is a zoo.
Which three? I know of two, but who is the third?
"Feel the steel"
some guy

Post by some guy »

a couple club deals
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Post by DL »

some guy wrote:a couple club deals
nice..the bite will be stupid..I hope everyone can play nice this weekend... Any idea which day(s) the clubs will be out there?
"Feel the steel"
some guy

Post by some guy »

A guy in the parking lot said Saturday. Yeah bites getting better
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Post by DL »

some guy wrote:A guy in the parking lot said Saturday. Yeah bites getting better
Sweet :shock:
"Feel the steel"
WormFisher

Post by WormFisher »

Hopefully the weather will be steady this week. Yesterday it was pretty miserable out there.
some guy

Post by some guy »

yesterday was gorgeous! Its suppose to steady warm up and stay around mid to upper 60's and hit into the low 70's by the weekend. SOme big bags this weekend.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
hippie

Post by hippie »

O wonder if the club tourny will have more than top stick