E-TEC

massbaster

E-TEC

Post by massbaster »

I think I asked this already, but how do you guys like these motors? How are they on gas when compared to opti and HPDI? And has anybody had any problems with them? I am in the market for A new boat and I am seriously looking at A stratos with a E-TEC on it. Just wanted to get some of your guys thoughts. Thanks.
Colebass

I'm surprised

Post by Colebass »

You haven't gotten any replies.

Here is a small list of guys that I know run them:

Gary Dobyns, Tony Francheshi, Andy "Cooch' Cuccia, Vince Huratdo, Chad Martin, Dewayne Bonham etc, etc.

All these guys fish a lot tournaments and have put these motors through the "test". You could go wrong to get yourself one.
Dave Cole
TonyM

Re: E-TEC

Post by TonyM »

I own an '02 2XL. This is my second Stratos and I am very satisfied. In a recent article, Bass and Walleye Boats said the new 201 Pro XL was the best riding bass boat they had ever tested. Don't have any first hand experience with the ETEC, but I have heard nothing but good. No problems with my 225 hp FICHT. Also uses very little gas or oil. I would put an ETEC on my next boat.
Gary Dobyns

Re: E-TEC, Please read- I'll help

Post by Gary Dobyns »

The E-TEC is a great engine. Starting December 31 thru March 31, Evinrude is again offering a no charge 7-year warranty or a rebate of $4 per horsepower. I work with many Evinrude dealers and can help you. In fact, I'm offering to help anyone looking to buy a new rig get a fair, no hassle deal. If you're looking for a Ranger Boat or an Evinrude engine on any boat, I'd like to help you get a good deal. Any questions, let me know. My personal e-mail is dobynsga@comcast.net . I promise this will make a few dealers nervous. I look forward to it. :twisted:
Colebass

WOW! Now that is personal SERVICE!

Post by Colebass »

Let me get this straight, Gary Dobyns will help ANYONE get the best Ranger/Evinrude deal with NO-HASSEL or ANYONE get the best Evinrude motor deal on the boat they choose? So they just e-mail you what they want and you'll get back to them?

Is this one of those deal that sounds to good to be true? Gary Dobyns is like my personal shopper or negotiator? I like it!
Dave Cole
Gary Dobyns

Re: WOW! Now that is personal SERVICE!

Post by Gary Dobyns »

That's about it, Dave. I look forward to it. I've always liked to help people with new or used boat sales. I just usually do it by responding with a private message.
Colebass

You represent EVINRUDE very well!

Post by Colebass »

Gary, you and I know each other, but I just want to say publicly that this is one of the best offers that any true "Pro" has offered the general public. I'm sure the folks at Evinrude will be happy and proud to hear it. I may even need to take you up on it. I was thinking of waiting till next summer to get a new boat and motor, but it sounds like March 31st is the big deadline to take advantage of the offer.

What shows will you be at this coming show season? What dealer or sponsors booth will you be with? Can guys talk to you there as well?
Dave Cole
tfranceschi

Post by tfranceschi »

I would also like to help in any way that I can. If you want a demo ride, let me know. I will be glad to set up a ride. Just send me a Private message and if you are in NorthernCalifornia we can work out a time and a place! And if you are not, I'm sure I can find someone to set you up with for a ride!!

Just let me know,
Tony Franceschi
tfranceschi

Post by tfranceschi »

I would also like to help in any way that I can. If you want a demo ride, let me know. I will be glad to set up a ride. Just send me a Private message and if you are in NorthernCalifornia we can work out a time and a place! And if you are not, I'm sure I can find someone to set you up with for a ride!!

Just let me know,
Tony Franceschi