Brandon Youngblood

Turkey Season

Post by Brandon Youngblood »

AnyBody get there Turkey yet?
TOYTUN
Dan McKenzie

Re: Turkey Season

Post by Dan McKenzie »

Got my 2nd bird on Good Friday, going back to the well for 1 more.

Brandon Youngblood

Good Job! Nice Bird. Still trying here. Alot of Gobbles and alot of Hunters. Wished I knew someone with private land that I could Hunt on.
TOYTUN
profisha1

Post by profisha1 »

Youngblood, Is this big boy??

I havent gone yet but I will soon.

Dan, What area are you hunting. I saw your pics in the predator forum.
- RJ Bennett
Brandon Youngblood

Yep! The one and only. Whats up Buddy? Been hunting Turkeys the last couple weeks. You have us a place to go? My spots are public. They suck!
TOYTUN
fishnhunt21

Post by fishnhunt21 »

I killed a coyote first thing opening morning and than stuck a tom with my bow. It was cool because I took my girl for the first time and she had a blast. The coyotes chased the birds into the trees and than came straight for my decoys. There were two of them and I was watching the far one in hopes of getting a double, but the close one stopped at 8 yards and my girl was concerned so, I shot it (had shotgun with me). The other ran off, but I called it back to about 40 yds. and it seemed like forever, so I shot and stung her. The turkeys gobbling all the while. Lost my good turkey choke somewhere in the fall, so I only had full choke in. Took about 10 mins. for the birds to get out of trees and they came in. Gotta love backyard birds, lol. A hen, 2 jakes, and a tom. The tom came in and I stuck him at 12 yds. It was a good morning. I want to post pics, but can't figure it out. Any help??? Went yesterday and got a schooled by a tom. Would not come in (hung up on a fence). Oh well, I am guiding this weekend for jr. hunters up off of englebright, so that is always fun taking kids out that have never turkey hunted or have limited experience. [/img]
fishnhunt21

Post by fishnhunt21 »

[img][albumimg]1112[/albumimg][/img]
Brandon Youngblood

Nice! Looks like you had a good hunt. I'd love to get a Big Tom with a bow. Its hard enough trying to get one in to shotgun range where I'm hunting. Really need to find someone with some private land that my Dad and I can hunt on. Getting burned out on the public stuff. We have tried going through the the week and still have hunters walking in on us.
TOYTUN
fishnhunt21

Post by fishnhunt21 »

Tell me about it. Public lands are getting crowded. I am actually going today on public land to try a little spot I have. Hopefully, it works out. It's hard getting permission for private land. Just gotta get lucky and know somebody.
Brandon Youngblood

Yea I know what your saying. Guided trips cost a few hundred bucks. I dont mind the money but I dont need a guide. I need there land. I'd even pay the owner to hunt his property. Just to getting away from all the hunter would be great.
TOYTUN
fishnhunt21

Post by fishnhunt21 »

Yeah, crazy what the guides can charge, but people pay them, so more power to them. I had land so, I could be a guide and make some extra money. I am always trying to find people that want to hunt and have a place. I always say I just wanna call and they can shoot. Oh well, at least they have an archery season, so there are definitely less people in May for those two weeks. Thats the time to go...
Dan McKenzie

Post by Dan McKenzie »

I leased some property up on Mines Road, 3-4 miles past the Scout camp but before the Junction. 1:15 from home, 35 min from work. The turkey population is nuts this year. Seems to change every year.
Brandon Youngblood

My dad and I have been hunting the George Town area for years. They dont seem to be in the areas that we use to hunt. The ones that do gobble we cant seem to get them in. Alot of hunters. Birds are real skidish. Real frustrating.
TOYTUN