More cheating

Ron T.

More cheating

Post by Ron T. »

My partner Bob and I located a cage last Sat. clearly set up for the sole perpose of cheating the rest of us from our hard earned money and points . We informed the DFG as well as local law enforcement . Today we checked on the cage to see if it was loaded for the upcomming WON derbie only to find it has been removed or most likely relocated. Since we are unable to catch the basterds this time we figured the rest of you should know what we are up against at Pyramid once again . If you can post a pic. for me I can send one to you for all to see. Hopfully wasent used for the recent CBC tournament .
texas john

Re: More cheating

Post by texas john »

Apparantly there was a cage located at folsom prior to the FPT tournament and it had a 10 lber in it....I know I could never live with myself if I did that, but I guess some folks just dont have a problem with being a cheater.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/jtrtexca/usmcsealani.gif[/img]
www.johnrector.yolasite.com
www.pepperjigs.com
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Cages and stringers in the willows are out there on folsom. Get in a float tube and fish those trees enough you might find one. I have found 2 myself in the past. Long ago before I tournament fished and just thought someones stringer full of 4 and 5#ers tied a good knot around a tree after they got away. I was a kid and more stupid than I am now, so I didnt draw a connection until all this cheating talk.

Good news is the lake is not high enough to hide anything.
LL
Ray Vanacore

Post by Ray Vanacore »

The one that the buoy tenders found at Folsom Lake was anchored in a livewell net with a big rock in it to keep it down, it was tied at the lower end of the buoy with about 6 feet of rope so you would never know it was there The only mistake they made was turning it lose instead of calling the fish and game.I mentioned to them that next time if it happens again call fish and game they would be very interested.
Ray Vanacore
Ray Vanacore
MikeL.

Post by MikeL. »

PM Ron.
rangerz20

Post by rangerz20 »

It blows me away somebody would do that, especially on a very small body of water like Pyramid. It takes some nerve to do that kind of stuff especially on a tiny lake. Too bad they couldn't have watched them empty the cage. If it happens on Pyramid then it could definitely happen anywhere. Pyramid would be one of the last places I would think it would happen due to how small it fishes. Makes me think about fishing team events on bigger bodies of water thats for sure.
I hope they figure out who thet are.
doug77

Post by doug77 »

I found one at Cachuma several years ago.Whoever made it took alot of time to make it-stainless and welded really well.I told the lake people and tried to set up a sting-all they did was remove it,It is better to organize somebody to watch it during the tournament-usually the lake people are too lazy to do anything
Xbass365

Post by Xbass365 »

If you find one with a fish in it you should inform DFG. Mark the fish and document it. Let any tournament directors know how you marked it. If you can weight and pictures will help. These guys need to be put to shame.
Xbass365 10 pound bass 365 days
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

This thread was pulled by request, as there was reportedly an ongoing investigation.

I have since been instructed that the thread can be reinstated at this point.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Bump
acm95301

Post by acm95301 »

I talked to a warden at mcclure, they have traps out marked by orange bouys... I doubt they are for bass, but just so there is no confusion.
2009 Bass tracker 175 TXW 60 hp
Lowrance HD7 with Lss-1.
Power Drive V2 70lb 24v Minnkota trolling Motor.
MikeL.

Post by MikeL. »

Here is the cage.

I really hope these SOB's get caught. I am interested in the upcoming tourneys or past few. The list of clubs should be small for a lake like Pyramid.

Imagee
nm_motown

Post by nm_motown »

Unfortunately I believe this type of behavior happens more often than most of us would like to believe. I was once told by a very wise person that the only tournaments to fish are open draws, otherwise in most cases your fishing for 2nd place....at best. When money is involved, for some, anything goes.
CN

Post by CN »

So what do they do go out and fish a week or whatever before the event and load this thing up with five fish or just what they would use as a kicker. I will never understand why someone would cheat to win becouse you didnt win you cheated.

Is it just the money? If so then they must not be doing it for the fun and bragging rights becouse if they were ever cought it would be over for them. I dont fish tournaments but it's hard to believe this stuff actually happens.
robertthornton

Post by robertthornton »

nm_motown wrote:Unfortunately I believe this type of behavior happens more often than most of us would like to believe. I was once told by a very wise person that the only tournaments to fish are open draws, otherwise in most cases your fishing for 2nd place....at best. When money is involved, for some, anything goes.
There is no way that is true. Maybe down in so cal where there is a lot of d bags. There is only a few bad apples up here. Probably from so cal.
Paul Cormany

Post by Paul Cormany »

Who would cheat? Obviously a guy that thinks he can't compete on a level field. He still has to be able to go out and catch a bag to fill the cage. If he can't catch but 3LBS at Pyramind during the tournament, he probably isn't going to catch much better than that to load his cage. Hopefully a cheater would be caught if he was transporting fish from another lake. Next somebody finds a cage they should tell the DFG the guys are moving fish from another lake and that will get their attention. DFG doesn't really want to get involved in civil issues, but transporting live fish is against the F&G law.
jrbasspro

Post by jrbasspro »

Ron and Bob

Thank you for taking the time to photograph the cage and for contacting DFG, it was unfortunent that some one dropped the ball and DFG couldn't nab the bast--ds :evil:

Walt Kondracki
listen to that gut feeling!!!

"keep it clean and dry"
DL

Post by DL »

Robert95614:
Maybe down in so cal where there is a lot of d bags. There is only a few bad apples up here. Probably from so cal.
:shock: Ya, its a so cal thing. The apples up north are more into stealing boats, rods, reels, and tow vehicles...your big time career criminals don't bother cheating in tournaments. There is much more money to made in the meth trade and burglary than cage fishing...
"Feel the steel"
Team Pollard

Post by Team Pollard »

All tournament directors need to see this thread and start lie dectector test to top three. No matter how much money is involved, rather its $400-to 10,000, it will help get rid of some of these cheaters.....
Gone Fish'n Marine
Fish Hedz
Coldwell Banker
Nitro 901 CDX with Mercury 200 Verado
Mark Pollard
FinesseKid

Post by FinesseKid »

Could you even imagine the beating the guilty individual would take if he or them were caught?

If I ever met some guy who took my money at a tournament in which he was caught red handed cheating in this fashion, the beating would be pretty severe.

I know Im not the only one who thinks that.

They could never go to any lake again. Tournament or not. It would ruin their lives. Might as well sell the boat.
Brian Ruthman

Post by Brian Ruthman »

I was at an ABA tournament a few years ago and they caught 2 guys cheating . They suspected them of cheating prior years before they were caught . I was told they filmed them snagging fish off beds . At the tourney they paid the guys the winning money gave them their plaques and sent them on their way , they are still posted as the winners of the event to this day .
I asked the director why they did that and he said it was a small price to pay to not have them ever fish their circuit again and they would be calling all the other circuits and letting them know what they were doing . Seemed kind of weird to do it that way , but from what i was told it just saved them time and money from having to go to court .
Never saw the guys ever again at a tourney . :)
robertthornton

Post by robertthornton »

DL wrote:
Robert95614:
Maybe down in so cal where there is a lot of d bags. There is only a few bad apples up here. Probably from so cal.
:shock: Ya, its a so cal thing. The apples up north are more into stealing boats, rods, reels, and tow vehicles...your big time career criminals don't bother cheating in tournaments. There is much more money to made in the meth trade and burglary than cage fishing...
you forgot pot growing, and pissing in your water.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

robert95614 wrote:
DL wrote:
Robert95614:
Robert,
We don't mind the drugs, but could you try and keep those damn delta smelt out of our water when you send it down? Ruins the taste. :wink:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
MikeL.

Post by MikeL. »

mark poulson wrote:
robert95614 wrote:
DL wrote: :shock: Ya, its a so cal thing. The apples up north are more into stealing boats, rods, reels, and tow vehicles...your big time career criminals don't bother cheating in tournaments. There is much more money to made in the meth trade and burglary than cage fishing...
Robert,
We don't mind the drugs, but could you try and keep those damn delta smelt out of our water when you send it down? Ruins the taste. :wink:
Don't forget about the chewed up guts from them getting pumped on our driveway when we hose it off!
some guy

Post by some guy »

I really dont find our water situation up north or down south very funny. The whole situation kinda blows actually.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><