Long Overdue

ash
SpeedBump

Long Overdue

Post by ash »

I have finally organized all of my tackle in the boat. I know that some of you have no problem with this but for me it was a huge accomplishment.

Boxes labeled, all of my hooks organized by size with stickers indicating which one is which, all of my weights organized by size, all of my plastics etc..... it is a relief and time well spent. The best part is I have room left over in my compartment, which means only one thing....I need more swimbaits :twisted:
Long Nguyen

Re: Long Overdue

Post by Long Nguyen »

Yeah....give it 3 or 4 trips or one tournament and it'll be just like before!

I can't find things when it's where its supposed to be. And besides, what excuse will you have to purchase more gear if you're organized? :lol:
Marty

Post by Marty »

You talking like this Ash?

201Pro

Post by 201Pro »

Marty wrote:You talking like this Ash?

Hey Marty,

What kind of jars are you showing that hold the hooks and weights?? Where I can buy some??
Chris
=========================
2004 Ranger 521VX, ETEC250HO
8" Atlas Hydro Plate, 25p Tempest+
Hotfoot/ProTrim/4-bank Dual Pro
2x Blade Series Power Poles
Minn Kota Fortrex 112
Lowrance HDS12 Carbon & Gen3
=========================
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

Look like Powerbait jars but knowing Marty.He was probably Blowing Glass in workshop!LOL!
Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Congrats ASH. Now comes the hard part, keeping it that way. I go thru my stuff after every tournament or every month no matter what. I have become alot better about keeping up with it daily as well when I am fishing alot. I think Marty has some overkill going. I use Falcon's rigging box for that stuff, just put a bull frog rust preventer in the top of the box.

Buzz bait and spinnerbait storage has always been a problem for me, cant seem to find something that I really like. Falcons boxes look great but a pain sometimes to get the baits clipped in and out. I have tried binders didnt like it, tried plastic bags didnt like it, so I am going back to the old plano box with the cradles that you hang them from.

Marty, how do you store your buzzers and blades?

smitty
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Smitty wrote:Congrats ASH. Now comes the hard part, keeping it that way. I go thru my stuff after every tournament or every month no matter what. I have become alot better about keeping up with it daily as well when I am fishing alot. I think Marty has some overkill going. I use Falcon's rigging box for that stuff, just put a bull frog rust preventer in the top of the box.

Buzz bait and spinnerbait storage has always been a problem for me, cant seem to find something that I really like. Falcons boxes look great but a pain sometimes to get the baits clipped in and out. I have tried binders didnt like it, tried plastic bags didnt like it, so I am going back to the old plano box with the cradles that you hang them from.

Marty, how do you store your buzzers and blades?

smitty
Smitty - I use my Cooks Go to for the blades that I regularly use. For Storage the best I found was the old school Plano box http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/plano-stow ... 35033.aspx I also use the same style for my chatter baits. the blade will fold over the groove and allows the chatterbait to hang strait with the trailers still on. For buzzbaits I have tried the gimmick boxes and have never been happy with them as they dont hold my double buzzbaits or the bigger ones like the Blade Runners. So i ended up using http://fishfreakonline.com/plano2-3730.html at walmart for 5.00. Yeah the buzzbaits may get tangled a little but with the dividers you can sort of control it.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Cooks Go-To tackle systems are the bomb-diggity.

The FTO boxes work well also.

~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
big_gorilla

Post by big_gorilla »

Marty I hope that's not all the hooks you carry. LOL

Ash, call me crazy but all of my boxes come out of my boat when I get home. It helps me stay organized. I have small box in my main compartment that collects baits and hooks through out the day and when I get home home I clean things up and put them in their proper location and all the boxes go in my cabinet till my next trip.
First one in the box settles the nerves!
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

Way to go Ash! You want to come over and help me organize my boat?
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Sacto John wrote:Way to go Ash! You want to come over and help me organize my boat?
I have the gasoline and match....just let me know when your ready :twisted:
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

ash wrote:
I have the gasoline and match....just let me know when your ready :twisted:
Funny, but that actually would solve a bunch of my problems.
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Post by blkdog812 »

hahahahahah........nice try, but it wont last. couple times out and going to different lakes will just mess it up. especialy when you cant remember were you moved that one special bait too. then after a hot long day you;ll be too tired to repack..........it was good while it lasted
Never argue with an idiot; He'll beat you to death with stupidity.
I AM NOT SAYING THERE SHOULD BE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR STUPIDITY,
BUT, WHY DON'T WE JUST TAKE THE SAFETY LABELS OFF OF EVERYTHING
AND LET THE PROBLEM SOLVE ITSELF?"
longshot

Post by longshot »

im with you guys one tough tourny and it will be all organized on the floor board and under the consel........ Believe me you look in my boat now and you will say wow this guy is clean and organized day after the tourny you'd say im a pig. WELL unless im on a good jig bite but that hasnt happened for me in a while.
ls
fastff

Post by fastff »

Where did you get that label maker? 1970 wants it back.
Gator

Post by Gator »

Hey Fast - if you look up dirt:older than in the dictionary it says MARTY!
Phil

Post by Phil »

Marty wrote:You talking like this Ash?

That looks great ! looks like empty pork jars ?
Guy Kelley

Post by Guy Kelley »

Marty just can't help it ,cause he has way too much time on his hands and his wife said he better get a second job anyway or start gardening !!
Yeah ? It's Me Again, SO WHAT!!!!!
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

For those who use the old style tape guns you needs to crunch like a pliers to work, throw them away and go to Staples or Office Depot and buy a $45 machine that prints them out using a keyboard. Its battery operated and lets you see what you typed before pressing print.

I find a multitude of uses for it.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Marty

Post by Marty »

First, I want to start by saying “Sorry to Ash for high jacking his postâ€
RougeBass

Post by RougeBass »

Hey Ash be real careful about getting moisture in those jars. I did the same thing in Jan 05, and by the end of spring my hooks had rust on them. Just an FYI.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

The jars are Marty's, once i get my boat back I will take photos :evil: