This is what sucks about this site!!

Greg_Cornish

what sucks

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Everyone bitching about posters and my name didn't come up once. I feel bad.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Tin Can

Re: what sucks

Post by Tin Can »

This site sucks because Greg Cornish is here.

Happy Greg? I'm here ot help buddy! :D
Phil Burgess

Post by Phil Burgess »

IS THIS THE COORS LIGHT THREAD......................... :shock: OOOOPS
ILL RIDE TO HELL AND BACK WITH YOU BOYS!!!!!!!!!!
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Phil Burgess wrote:IS THIS THE COORS LIGHT THREAD......................... :shock: OOOOPS
It's getting there...I just had a shot of JD and ready to crack a cold one...how is that for thread jackin :lol:

By the way this whole post is NFR, and should be moved to the lounge :shock: errr ummm non fishing page :twisted:
Leon Pugh

Re: AMEN COOCH!!*NM*

Post by Leon Pugh »

Gary, Gods going to yank your lips off your jerk baits and turn your rods into ugly sticks for starting this you know! :D :D :D
Thank You Leon Pugh
leon.pugh@comcast.net
http://www.dobynsrods.com/
whazup

Re: This is what sucks about this site!!

Post by whazup »

105 replies. Is that a record?
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="Leon Pugh"]Gary, Gods going to yank your lips off your jerk baits and turn your rods into ugly sticks for starting this you know! :D :D :D[/quote]

You're probably right Leon :D This is not what i had in mind at all. I was hoping to use myself as an example in the fact when I got the PM messages and phone calls, I stopped making negitive comments about a certain organization. I'm not negitive and I took the points well. I was hoping to "wake' guys up a little. WELL I SURE WOKE THEM UP!! Geezzzz. There were a few posts that were really funny to me, especially Leon's here, and that rotten a$$ Ken Sauret. It was funny because he knows me too well and the prick's post was 100% true, and I could just see him hitting the submit button laughing has a$$ off. I'm going to strangle that bass-turd :D :D

I hope this has ran it's course guys. Now I'm going to be 5 times as gun shy about starting a thread :( :(
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Gary Dobyns wrote:[I hope this has ran it's course guys. Now I'm going to be 5 times as gun shy about starting a thread :( :(
No guts, no glory! :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

You can't be "Posting Chicken!"

:D Har!

I like the website, still read it but write less since Hoffeditz.

He was one of my writing mentors, and I always wanted to write about the fishing. Part of the fun of writing things went with him.

Today, I am farting around with different hobbies and fishing mostly with my kids on the Bass boat. (and working weekends if I can.)

Seems like dough is short to enter tourneys, and time is short with a couple young boys doing baseball etc.

And, I still think of this site as NCBF, then I correct myself when directing someone to the site.

Not a goodbye by any means...

I have just kicked it down from "totally addicted", to "recreational user..."

HAR!

A.G.

P.S. Thanks Hookpoint for sending me over here!
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"
Brian

Post by Brian »

ash wrote:
By the way this whole post is NFR, and should be moved to the lounge :shock: errr ummm non fishing page :twisted:
LOL I WOULD OF NUKED THIS THREAD IN THE LOUNGE FOR BEING TO TAME!!!! 8)

YOU HAVE NO IDEA........ :wink:
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
g-man

Post by g-man »

Group hug?? :P
100% LL
bassinholic

Post by bassinholic »

This place because HITLER is the Devil!!!! :D
C.T.C.A 4 LIFE!!
Schneider Fishing

Post by Schneider Fishing »

From fishing chicken
To posting chicken
Robert Schneider
My wife is my real sponsor

www.PhenixBaits.com
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

Gary Dobyns wrote:Twice today I have typed out replies to posts and then simply deleted them. They were not worth the effort to try and educate someone and put up with the negitive guys on this site.

I post (a little ) on several sites. This one is more negitive than any I've seen. Please don't get me wrong, I'm all about free speech and LESS GOVERNMENT.

Here are a few points of the top of my head.

It just sucks that many guys will not visit this site because it has so much negitivity. Also, many very good fishermen will lurk but rarely, if ever post.

It sucks that you even have to worry about, how you say something. So you don't get eaten alive. I could go on here but I think you get the point.

It sucks that so many guys slam tournament orgs here and don't even fish anyway.

It sucks that the orgs get slammed here over everything. Please call them and offer constructive ideas or give them your thoughts. Some will listen, others will not, then at least they get a chance to think on it and possibly make changes for the better.

It sucks that I have to even think about whether or not to slam a buddy on here. Personally KB and Hollywood should always be fair game. I can think of a few more but i'm after those two at the moment :D

I damn sure have NOT always followed the tips I listed here. One circuit did some things that really grated on me and I have said so here. I had several guys point out my negitivity with calls or PM's. My usual reply was "screw them", but it did hit home and after a little thinking on my part, I have tried to stay pretty dang positive.

I am hoping this post will get others to think a little, as I appreciated my PM's and calls. I believe most of us have heard the saying "If you don't have something good to say......................" :D

We need negitives pointed out. We need pissing matches at times to keep things interesting on forum boards. We damn sure are not going to agree on things and I'm not saying we should. It just seems that when something is posted, it's a race to see who can slam it first.

Also, BDO, Duckin Donuts, Sasquatch, and all my others don't faze me. Most are funny and/or have a good story behind them. But I am always careful about slamming guys, afraid it would be taken out of context. That's exacting what promted this post. I wanted to slam Hollywood but was afraid I'd offend others. I dang sure can't offend that PRICK :D

Okay where am I wrong? Don't forget the parts I "might" be right about too :D

KB don't write a book here, I beat you to it :roll:

Okay, I started this gun fight, I got my bullet proof vest on, fire away.
Very well said, Gary.. someone had to stand up and say it.. and yes I hope SOME will take notice..

Three cheers to you !!!
bigbass111

Post by bigbass111 »

Still going :shock:
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

This site doesn't suck.

Bump
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="Schneider Fishing"]From fishing chicken
To posting chicken[/quote]

Andy G. and Schneider I need to give you some facts. I rarely "Fish Chicken" and I mostly do "Post Chicken" :D :D

"Posting Chicken" saves my nerves, helps from knotting up my stomach, keeps me from wanting to shoot someone, saves me from pulling out what hair I have left, probably saves a few hairs from turning grey too, keeps me from buying a new computer where I have damaged the keys on pissed responses, and definately saves my typing finger from becoming "more" sore :D :D

Also please note "Posting Chicken" does not always work :D :D

Might need a new t-shirt logo for this one :D
RichThiel

Post by RichThiel »

Gary ....GO FISHING!!!!!! LOL
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Gary Dobyns wrote:
Schneider Fishing wrote:From fishing chicken
To posting chicken
Andy G. and Schneider I need to give you some facts. I rarely "Fish Chicken" and I mostly do "Post Chicken" :D :D

"Posting Chicken" saves my nerves, helps from knotting up my stomach, keeps me from wanting to shoot someone, saves me from pulling out what hair I have left, probably saves a few hairs from turning grey too, keeps me from buying a new computer where I have damaged the keys on pissed responses, and definately saves my typing finger from becoming "more" sore :D :D

Also please note "Posting Chicken" does not always work :D :D

Might need a new t-shirt logo for this one :D

Key "WORD" in Gary's post Typing "FINGER"!!!! How long did it take you to type that with 2 fingers? We know there are a few keys on that keyboard that stick do to you pressing so hard on them!
kb

Post by kb »

I can see it now...........

"Hi I am U.S. Open Champion Gary Dobyns...are you tired of having your manhood and ancestory questioned on Westernbass.com???? Then do what I do and "post chicken"!!!! Not to be confused with Chicken pot pies which by the way I love but posting chicken will always keep you right in the middle of the fence with your sponsors, your fans and all those bassholes just waiting to pounce on ya.......take it from me Gary Dobyns and play it safe.....post chicken.......oh and wear your life jacket too!!!!"
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

kb wrote:I can see it now...........

"Hi I am U.S. Open Champion Gary Dobyns...are you tired of having your manhood and ancestory questioned on Westernbass.com???? Then do what I do and "post chicken"!!!! Not to be confused with Chicken pot pies which by the way I love but posting chicken will always keep you right in the middle of the fence with your sponsors, your fans and all those bassholes just waiting to pounce on ya.......take it from me Gary Dobyns and play it safe.....post chicken.......oh and wear your life jacket too!!!!"
Well said, Splash! :lol:

Roger
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Once again, Gary Dobyns leads the way, and the world follows.
His "two finger typing" is, in actuallity, an innovation specifically designed for, and directly leading to, text messaging.
Pure genius.
Sometimes things are so obvious that everyone else misses them.
All hail the Bill Gates of bass fishing!!!
CLEAN AND DRY
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

OK, I can't keep my mouth shut anymore.....what sucks about this site IMHO is there's 100+ responses to the original post!
POINTS MADE

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Fun threads like this are what a fan/user-friendly forum is all about.
Taking shots at each other, and at the mods., in good fun.
And posting is voluntary, so no one is forced to participate if they don't want to.
The negative comments are mostly from bitter Celtic fans, anyway. :lol: :lol: :lol:
CLEAN AND DRY
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="kb"]I can see it now...........

"Hi I am U.S. Open Champion Gary Dobyns...are you tired of having your manhood and ancestory questioned on Westernbass.com???? Then do what I do and "post chicken"!!!! Not to be confused with Chicken pot pies which by the way I love but posting chicken will always keep you right in the middle of the fence with your sponsors, your fans and all those bassholes just waiting to pounce on ya.......take it from me Gary Dobyns and play it safe.....post chicken.......oh and wear your life jacket too!!!!"[/quote]

This is one of your better ones :D :D Screw you KB :lol:
Marc

Post by Marc »

oh and wear your life jacket too!!!!
...speaking from experience, eh kb? Oh, BTW, a SnagProof frog is not USCG approved....

ciao,
Marc
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

With a thread like this hell, I gota say something.

Something.
Go Big or Go Home!
http://calfishing.com/gallery/v/members/bassindon69/basspics/
Kolt45

Post by Kolt45 »

This site only MOSTLY sucks. I just scored on a SWEET Merc 200 engine cowl from the classifieds!

However far and few between, nice people DO exist here. :wink: