stabil ?

kane-o

stabil ?

Post by kane-o »

what color of stabil are you guys using here in ca. ? i have always used the red color, but should i be using the ethenol formula type ? do we have ethenol in california gas ?
BuckSnort

Re: stabil ?

Post by BuckSnort »

Yes CA has Ethenol...

Use the Blue Marine formula...I think it is more potent..
jack65274

Post by jack65274 »

Do you always use Stabil regardless of whether you are using ethanol or not? I know it is used when you are going to be storing your boat unused for long periods of time. What else does it do?
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

There is anew one out for marine use. Available at auto stores.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Switch and use the blue marine. It protects the rubber items in your fuel system, whereas the standard does not.
It will work in all your fuel needs, i.e. car/truck/boat and I add it to all my fuel. i.e. lawn mower, etc. Bill K :)
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

What is the recommended time to mix stabil in with your gas ?? All the time or every other time ??
620 Dude

Post by 620 Dude »

1oz per 6gal for the ethynol treatment and if you plan on keeping your engine for a long time like I do you can also you use in addition to Stabil /try SeaFoam/2oz per 10gal for fuel stabilization and if you have a Mercury use Quick Kleen 1oz per 6 gal for Carbon deposit Cleaning and prevention of Ring Jacking...that's where carbon builds up behind the piston rings pushing them into your cylinder walls causing galling.
I've used forms of these products on my last Merc for 22 yrs and it's still going strong....But if you Buy new boats every few years it's not worth the investment cause when you add up the 2cycle oil and then add up all the additives seems to be costly....but cheap compared to buying a block
good luck be safe