How much $$ to get a tandem trailer over the Antioch bridge

StogieMan

How much $$ to get a tandem trailer over the Antioch bridge

Post by StogieMan »

I am headed out that way Saturday and was just curious about the cost. I know the bridge tolls have gone up and I wan't to be sure I have enough cash :lol:
Gator

Re: How much $$ to get a tandem trailer over the Antioch bri

Post by Gator »

Since that would be 4 axles - $8.25
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Gator wrote:Since that would be 4 axles - $8.25
Gator, I thought you moved back east, how'd you know that? Google?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Lim-It Lures

Post by Lim-It Lures »

gator has to be more...i crossed yesterday just in my truck and it was $5...how much per axle? after that i thought it was 3 bucks an axle
Lim-It Lures of California
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

Gator ~ it used to be $8.25 but I thought it was raised. Perhaps Doubled or Tripled in order to ba;ance the budget :shock:

Seriously, anyone know how much to get 4 axles over the Antioch bridge?
Jeff Antenucci

Post by Jeff Antenucci »

StogieMan wrote:Gator ~ it used to be $8.25 but I thought it was raised. Perhaps Doubled or Tripled in order to ba;ance the budget :shock:

Seriously, anyone know how much to get 4 axles over the Antioch bridge?
Gator's right, 8.25$ still for 4 axles.

http://bata.mtc.ca.gov/tolls/schedule.htm
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

Thanks Guy's,

I guess it was the dock talk that had me in a funk.
There was a lot of talk about having to pay $20.00 to get a boat over the bridge, what i did not realize was they are using a sliding scale putting the $20.00 fee into effect in 2012. I wonder if I can buy a 12 month pass the year before :lol:
Flippinjigs

Post by Flippinjigs »

If you really want to save money, don't want to waste time in line to launch your boat for $10.00, drive that long way around on HWY 12, HWY 160, and then HWY 4. Pay bridge tolls going home. You could: Drive to Brannon State Park pay $13.00 total to park and launch your boat (I bought an annual State Park Poppy Pass with boat launch, for more savings) and run your boat to Russos. A short run down 3 Mile slough, up the false River and accross the track; And your there! And if your going near B & W Resort you could even save a few bucks more by launching from there only $10.00. I would bet if you try this once you will never make that long drive around towing your boat again. I have been doing this for years and it's sweet. A nice early morning run in the dark! Got GPS? 8)

Good Fishin
If you do nothing expect nothing!
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

flippnjigs is right...if your coming from a direction where you will be passing B&W, then just launch there. $10 bucks, the guy there is always roming the parking lot so good security, good 2 lane ramp and it will take you 15 minutes to get over to russo's. Saves you major time driving around back and forth...along with the $8.25 toll charge and extra gas money you burn making the drive around to Russo's and back in the truck.
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
kopper_bass

Post by kopper_bass »

Stogie,
They tolls did go up, but they delayed the increase for mulit-axles due to the cost it would impose on truckers who were being hit hard with the increased gas prices and slumping economy.

They will get their money for the extra axles in 2011 and beyond.

Kopper
Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place. Fish Hard - Play Hard!
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

Flippinjigs wrote:If you really want to save money, don't want to waste time in line to launch your boat for $10.00, drive that long way around on HWY 12, HWY 160, and then HWY 4. Pay bridge tolls going home. You could: Drive to Brannon State Park pay $13.00 total to park and launch your boat (I bought an annual State Park Poppy Pass with boat launch, for more savings) and run your boat to Russos. A short run down 3 Mile slough, up the false River and accross the track; And your there! And if your going near B & W Resort you could even save a few bucks more by launching from there only $10.00. I would bet if you try this once you will never make that long drive around towing your boat again. I have been doing this for years and it's sweet. A nice early morning run in the dark! Got GPS? 8)

Good Fishin
Are you recommending running in the dark, on GPS?

Its not radar.

It won't tell you Dutra parked a big barge out there in front of you the day before.

A.G.
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"
Flippinjigs

Post by Flippinjigs »

Com on Andy!!

Your joking right??? I don't know why I waste my time defending my position on this. I work for Cal Trans I am a Draw Bridge operator on six of the bridges out here on the Delta. People do boat at night. I get a lot of bridge openings at night (YES IN THE DARK). I guess you have never fished at night from a boat? I'm not recommending you don't use common sense, and be safe during low light conditions. If your not comfortable with it don't do it.

I feel, If your familiar with body of water your on, know where your going, and know how to get there ("what the problem?"). A GPS System will help to keep you on course. (GPS are very accurate because it triangulates from several different satellites points). Main Rivers have lighted channel markers that flash green and red. Your boat comes with Navigation lights for night running, And you would be able to see another on coming boat even the direction they traveling by which color light is in view. If you concerned with hitting some thing in the water that could happen. But I'm not suggesting that you run your throttle wide open in the dark. I very famous philosopher once said "YOU GOT TO KNOW YOUR LIMITATIONS" I think it was Dirty Harry!

Be safe in the Dark
&
Good Fishin :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
If you do nothing expect nothing!
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

Not joking.

I have heard people on river running (I mean going fast not going slow) in zero visability in the fog. Because they have GPS.

I know GPS is accurate, but it cannot look out for things in the waterway in your path, like a big tree floating downstream.

But regarding night operation, I have never gone fast or "run".

And thats what I thought your post said. Perhaps I read it wrong.

But to run in the dark or thick fog because "I have GPS!" is not something I would recommend.

It would be like painting my truck windshield black, and driving on the city streets or freeway via GPS.

Wait till the fog sets in, people will notice the guys running again.

Regards,

A.G.

(The CG does have the tech on board to run WOT at night!)
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"