Ninja Pigs

Caveman

Ninja Pigs

Post by Caveman »

It has been a very stressful week for my family and me. So, I was really in need of a fishing session to get my mind off of everything. When the family crashed last night, I headed out for a solo ninja session. I arrived a little after 10pm. It was 63°, no moon, no wind, and slime moss was everywhere on the water.
I tried starting out with a buzzbait, but the moss was just too pervasive and I was cleaning it off the lure every cast. As it was, I was cleaning it off the Malibu-rigged Senko I went with nearly every cast, too. I finally found a little clearing near a water intake that was pumping it in full bore. I flipped the 4" ninja-special colored Senko right into the wash and immediately felt a little tick. I reeled down and lowered the boom on this nice 2.5 pounder - my smallest of the night:

I thought this would be the start of some good things to come, but over the next 1.5 hours I only managed to get one little tap with no follow through. I circled the whole lake and made it back to where I had made my first casts. Again, I flipped it into a little opening in the moss and got picked up on the sink. BAM ... I set the hook an this nice 4-2 battler:

I worked that area a bit more but got no love. So, I headed back to the intake and decided to hit a little stretch of the bank that I had skipped because I never had gotten any bites there before. Again, I flipped into a little clearing and got picked up right away. This 3-2 piggie had shoulders and some nicely colored fins to boot:

I moved back down to the intake itself and again flipped my bait into the wash. I dead-sticked it for a minute and then gave it a little shake. That was all it took as this 5-6 beast slammed the Senko and took me on a great ride for several minutes:

I reloaded with a new bait and flipped it right back into the same spot. I only worked the bait for about ten seconds when my line suddenly went heavy and spongy. You know what that means ... set the hook HARD! Another hawg took me on another white knuckler. I finally lipped this 4-10 cow. I can only imagine what she'd have weighed if she had a full tail! ;):

I decided to call it a night right then and there. In just under 3 hours, I put together my best five-fish sack of the year: 19 pounds 9 ounces (all fish weighed on the digi-scale). To top it all off, I also saw several shooting stars - remnants of the Perseid Meteor shower that had peaked the night before. It was an incredible session ... and just what I needed!
Caveman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image Image