Big Bear Lake Bass Tournament Sept 18, 2010

AaronBigBearBassFishing

Big Bear Lake Bass Tournament Sept 18, 2010

Post by AaronBigBearBassFishing »

Dear Fishing Friends,

My name is Aaron, owner of Big Bear Charter/Bass Fishing in Big Bear Lake, Ca. I hope you guys are catching a lot of fish! I’d like to invite you to a first time Bass Tournament on September 18, 2010 in Big Bear Lake at Holloway’s Marina and RV Park, from 11 am to 7 pm. The bass tournament is being put on to try to generate funds for more bass. Currently we have Northern strain Largemouth Bass which are the most abundant and the Smallmouths, which lurk around but are in smaller numbers. 90% of total money generated from the participant’s entry fee will be put back into the tournament with the remaining 10% applied towards the bass stock after Labor Day. All the money generated will go for 3lbs and bigger bass.

On Friday September 17, 2010 will be a barbeque and fundraiser at B’s Backyard Barbeque. On Saturday September 18 starting at 5 pm we’re having another barbeque/ party starting just before tournament ends and hopefully long into the night. All family members any age are invited to come. All ticket sales for barbeques will be purchased through my office and all money generated from ticket sales will go to the fish stocking fund. Big Bear is a beautiful place to bring your family with many things to do besides fishing. We own Big Bear Charter Fishing, Big Bear Bass Fishing and Big Bear Cool Cabins and operate the fishing company out of Holloway’s Marina and RV park - the friendliest Marina on the lake. We are offering special deals on fishing charters and lodging for participants, family, and friends who would like to prefish or stay with us. Holloway’s Marina and RV Park will be offering services from lakefront accommodations for your RV and dock slips/moorings for your boat and or trailer storage if needed. At time of booking just mention you are coming for tournament. We have small cute inexpensive cabins around the lake as well as large lakefront cabins.

If you are in business and have anything to donate cash or gifts it would be really appreciated. We’d love to promote businesses that help during the tournament via sign or banner. Hope to see you all in Big Bear for the Bass tournament! For tournament rules and entry form please email me at aaron@bigbearfishing.com and I will send them to you. Any more questions please call our office at 1-800-550-8779 or 909-866-2240.
lobinaloca

Re: Big Bear Lake Bass Tournament Sept 18, 2010

Post by lobinaloca »

Sounds like a good time, I wish I could make it.
Scott E.

Post by Scott E. »

Hey guys, Aaron's a good dude and is doing something really nice for the lake with this deal. I hope you will consider fishing this. The fishing here is vastly improved over the past 5 years and will continue to get better and better.

The past 2 septembers have had a good buzzbait and frog bite along wind blown banks in the grass, and the jig fishing heats up in sept. in coves on chunk rock. There should even be a bite on the 8'' swimbaits (floaters) on some points (submerged timber is the key) It should be a great time, especially getting to fish the evening bite in a neat format. I REALLY wish I could fish this but I won't be back home till October (out on the ocean makin' a living). Good luck Aaron and I hope some of you will fish this. You got a chance at making some cash, catching smallmouth and largemouth and help get this fishery back to where it once was with the added stocking (it don't have far to go)!!! Good luck to all, Scott

If you're looking for dope I won't be home like I said till Oct. so unless you have my cell # (like Kirk, or Norlin) you're S.O.L. lol!!!
Scott E.

Post by Scott E. »

ttt. Hey Roger, maybe you could sticky this? It's worthy of a sticky I would guess...
milehi

Post by milehi »

I'' see if I can get the Arrowhead guys in on this, none of us are tourny guys and most are straped, but I remember what the lake used to be like and I'd love to help.
Scott E.

Post by Scott E. »

That's the spirit! It's mostly gonna be non tourney guys from what Aaron has told me from early sign ups and phone calls (just guys that like to fish). He's already fronted well over 4 figures of his own money toward the fish plant and only expects a small turnout for this 1st (and hopefully annual) event. If you do the math he's gonna be outa pocket quite a bit. He and Holloways have bought a brand new certified scale (outa pocket as well) to provide an accurate weigh in as well.

Hopefully his estimation of 12 to 20 teams will be a bit on the low side so some of you will see what this lake and town have to offer. He secured his permit back this winter and I know that this lake can't take too much pressure yet, at least it's not during the spawn, but it would be good to see 25 teams. I can tell you that after not fishing the lake the last two months at all, (busy fishing for a livin') I was pleasantly surprised the last two days with 8 buzzbait and spook fish on tuesday with the thunder clouds with two over 3 lbs and 6 misses (12 lb bag) for my late afternoon efforts, and then had some good jig fishing yesterday for about 2 hours late morning to noon (missed my chance at a donkey too!) with a legal smallie in the mix. Not too bad for fishin' blind.

If any of you would like to submit your ideas here for payout based on 20 teams, I know he'd appreciate it. I know he's planning on paying out top 5 based on 20 boats plus the big fish pool. I'd guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 or 13 pounds to be in the money but if someone gets a couple kickers,I could see 17 lbs a definite possibility to win, and at that time of year it's VERY do-able.

Being after Labor Day, there are some real good lodging deals to be had and the hangin' out and drinkin' and eatin' on the lake at B's Backyard BBQ is unsurpassed! B's offers free boat slips while you're there embibing too. Your dogs are welcome there as well.

I don't expect it to really bring any significant income to the valley (maybe 10 grand at the very best with 20 teams if every guy stayed the night and some brought a wife and a kid or two, but at least a few handfuls of guys will see the fishing and surroundings might make it worth the while for a return trip or two in the future.

Sorry for rambling, I'm back to San Diego. Good fishing to all!, Scott
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

Sounds like it will be a lot of fun.Wish i could make it but have a Tourney that day.Maybe next time.Thank you,Aaron for putting this together.I will try to HELP let people know about your Event.Good Luck!
Scott E.

Post by Scott E. »

That's cool Todd! Maybe if you have time you could post a suggested payout for top 5 outa a field of 20 teams? I know Aaron would appreciate the help. Scott
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

The tournament hours are 11A to 7P, 8 hours. The DFG may not allow 8 hours; if that is OK, then I would suggest 12N to 8P. The reason being Big Bear has a good late evening bite, 7P to 8P being the best time for surface lures. If 8P is too late to run 35 mph, then 7:30P would be better then 7P.
Tom
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Man, looks like fun and a good cause! Dang wedding anniversary is that week!! Maybe I'll be able to work something out but for sure I'm very interested to say the least.
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
DL

Post by DL »

Scott, make sure he gets his Permits handled in the time frame required by the Big Bear Water District. I would hate to see him learn the hard way how long it takes a permit to go throught the system. Sounds like a good time. Hope you get a good turnout.
"Feel the steel"
szuloaga

Post by szuloaga »

I think as long as this tournament is gonna happen how can I pass up an oppertunity to fish on my old home waters. I grew up fishing Big Bear when I lived up there for close to 15 years of my young life. Looking forward to seeing where this one goes.

Steve
milehi

Post by milehi »

Anyone know if we can get in on game day? I may not know till the last minute, also want to keep on the front page.
AaronBigBearBassFishing

Yes, you can sign up on the tournament day. That is one reason I am having it start at 11am, to give people time to get up here if they work on friday. All sign in and quagga mussel inspection must be done before 11am, 10am would be best. Plus we get to fish close to dark.
AaronBigBearBassFishing

Anyone participating and/or attending the tournament is also invited to the barbecues on Friday and Saturday nights. The menus have been made, for prices and tickets please contact the Big Bear Charter Fishing office at 1-800-550-8779 or 909-866-2240. All proceeds for barbecues will be going into the bass stocking fund. The sooner the better for barbaque sign ups to give the resturaunts ample time for food. Thanks Aaron