is anyone more stupid than me ????

kopper_bass

is anyone more stupid than me ????

Post by kopper_bass »

should have known things were just going too good for me, that something bad had to happen......... and i caused it.

I have been soo happy since we moved to Fairfied; new big- *ss house, new big *ss swimming pool, a big *ss yard, and a great big 3 car garage to finally put the boat in. no longer does my baby need to stay outside every night in the driveway.

i have never put the boat in the garage, so the 1st time it was a little hectic, but i got it in and all was good; i was proud. Took my dad out fishing last week and put her back in the 2nd time like a pro; dad was impressed. Well, i snuck out on Sunday to go fishing on the Delta by myself and when i got back i put her away for the 3rd time all by myself........... i am not so proud now :cry: .

I got her lined up on my marks and backed her straight in right on line, except.................... i forgot to lower the motor!!! I totally jacked the engine into the top of the garage door/house and ripped the front coping off the house, and smashed the top of the Yamaha cowling. its now a flip top! The wife came out and started screaming. i am sure the new neighbors think we are idiots.

Is anyone more studid than me?

Where do i go to buy a new Yamaha Cowling? yeah, i know they aint cheap.

just been moping all week now.

Kopper
Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place. Fish Hard - Play Hard!
offduty

Re: is anyone more stupid than me ????

Post by offduty »

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Check ebay as I see them from time to time. I would also call all the boat shops in your area and post on all the bass boat and fishing forums for a used one. I am sure the Yamaha dealer could order you a new one and that will cost top dollar unless you get lucky and can get a deal.

Good luck
Rich
Kevin Evans - Kap

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

Hey Joe thats just some bad luck there buddy .:(
I hope the wife lets you go fishing again... har har... :

Take care,
Kap
You cant fix stupid, but you can vote it out...
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Joe, being the computer person you are, check out various boat part sites for a good clean used one. Or pay more and have a dealer order in a new one. We all make mistakes and of course the little wife come unglued.. Just a fact of life. It will work out. Stay well and healthy. Bill K :) :)
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
DeltaBound

Post by DeltaBound »

Gotta Love it, rip the house to shreds and sulking about the boat motor :lol: YOU"RE MY HERO!!
barse41

Post by barse41 »

DeltaBound wrote:Gotta Love it, rip the house to shreds and sulking about the boat motor :lol: YOU"RE MY HERO!!
nice observation lol
theres a fine line between fishin and standin on a boat like an idiot
Murph

At least as Stupid - - - as

Post by Murph »

My Brand new (at the time 2005) Bass Cat, First time into the Garage. It just dimpled the Garage part, but it mangled the top of the motor. I felt so stupid, that when I sold the Cat, I put the Brand New Motor Cowling on the Puma and put the Mangled one on the New Boat.
It might be lonely at the Top, but it's a bitch, at the Bottom !
Robert F

Re: At least as Stupid - - - as

Post by Robert F »

Murph wrote:My Brand new (at the time 2005) Bass Cat, First time into the Garage. It just dimpled the Garage part, but it mangled the top of the motor. I felt so stupid, that when I sold the Cat, I put the Brand New Motor Cowling on the Puma and put the Mangled one on the New Boat.
Bad answer Murph. I would have sold the house and got a garage that is easier to get the boat in to. :lol: Sorry to hear about your incident Joe. Hope you get it put together soon.

Post by 619 »

I cut them in half and put them up in the showroom. I have two up now. I have them coming thru the wall and it looks awsome.

Mark it with tape cut the back off drill a hole at the top for a piece of wire cut a piece of cardboard and put it across the bottom with srews and paint it black or silver to match cowling and put it up in the garage.
keithcant

Post by keithcant »

When you see the prices....contact your insurance carrier. Basically they do cover 'head up As_' situations.
"The Gods do not deduct from man's alloted span the hours spent in fishing"--
Proverb Ancient Babylonia.
SPIKE

Post by SPIKE »

Yes me. I have done the same thing twice. forget to lower my motor befor backing in. By the I have 3 buddies who have done the same thing. Them yamaha motors are a bit to high.
Barry Watson

Post by Barry Watson »

One of your insurance policies should cover this ACCIDENT. Either auto, boat or homeowners. I would imagine your deductible would apply so that cost compared to the repairs might be taken into consideration before filing. If we have an insurance person on this chat, they might weigh in for some advice.

I biffed my garage door the same way some years ago, but only did it once.
Oldlures
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

6 TRUTHS OF LIFE

1. YOU CANNOT STICK YOUR TOGUE OUT AND LOOK UP AT THE CEILING AT THE SAME TIME

2. All idiots, after reading #1 will try it.
3. And discover #1 is a lie.
4. You are smiling now because your an idiot.
5. you'll soon forward this to another idiot.
6. There is still that stupid smile on your face.
7. I'm apoligize about this but there are other idiots in need of your company.

All it takes is one time......... you are not alone. :oops:
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

There are many things that are worse. Your human not an infallible robot with a metal head. Find a way to make it up to yourself and your family. Try punching yourself in the face full force bet ya can't so stop beating yourself up from the inside out. Nobody got hurt!!!!
CN

Post by CN »

Your not alone at all. I just bought a brand new pole seat from Ranger and the first time I backed into the Garage I felt a little hesitation so what do I do give it more throttle. Well the seat was hitting the Garage door and sure as heck I broke it beyond repair.

One of the stupid other things was I went to San Luis and was by myself so I was in a hurry to launch so I wouldnt hold up the Ramp.

Well I un-strap back in start the motor and tie off. Well when I went to take off I noticed the Hydraulic steering was a little stiff. So being the typical male I say"Just turn in harder Mike, hey great idea". Well everything seemed fine but I noticed this weird side spray coming off the motor. Well what it was is I forgot to take the transom saver off. It broke down where it attaches to the Trailor but the rest was still attached to the motor with the bungie cord.

Idiot :oops:
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

One time, I was jockying the boat with a ball hitch on my Bobcat.

Realized, that the skeg was dragging, lowered my ball attachment so it wouldn't drag.

The trailer jack contacted the ground, which caused the trailer to pop off the ball.

I watch as the the boat pops off the ball, rolls downhill, and gently kisses the side of the garage door opening.

There are about four or five errors going on here, but the hit wasn't that bad.

Weird feeling watching the boat roll away by itself.

:shock:

A.G.

Instant Numbnut award.
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"
longshot

Post by longshot »

I use to store my boat in a storage locker. Well the thing is you had to adjust the boat to fit once you got it to the level area of the garage. Not thinking i went to the back of the boat and squeezed between the motor and the wall pushing it ever so slightly but enough for the trailer jack to hit the down hill slope and off the boat went acrossed the road seprerateing the units. The tonue off the boat managed to impale the door of a unit acrossed from me.............. So yes i know the feeling of watching your boat roll off by itself lol and it always costs money when you have a brain fart :roll:
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

Years ago I didn't strap the back of the boat down and hit I sharp left turn going to Pedro on hwy 132 outside of waterford. I was running late to a Open tourney. The boat came off the trailer, stuff went all over the field. Busted the motor cover, windshield, fish finder, Steering wheel, Trolling motor foot pedal went into the side of the boat. Ground down the corner on one side in back that would show light through. Some other little things.
This was my worst HAHA!
Go Big or Go Home!
http://calfishing.com/gallery/v/members/bassindon69/basspics/
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I learned the hard (and expensive) way it's hard to motor the boat onto a drive-on trailer while the TM is still down. :cry:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Murph

Post by Murph »

Uh Oh! ! Done that one too, Mark. At a Tri-States Championship, no less. Mike Kennedy really got a kick out of that one. :oops: Luckily, the Anglers Marine Trailer was there and had one up on the top shelf, and their fine crew installed it. :D
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Did the same thing back in Feb. Check out Boats.net, I was able to take apart the cowling and just order the parts I needed. I was able to remove the back large 'decal' and reattach with double sided tape. That saved a chunk. The web site gives break away drawings so yoy can see what you need.
Morgan
micropeterous

Post by micropeterous »

The short answer to your question is yes. I can assure you that when you push the button on your garage door control and lower the door while pulling the boat out that you will break the rear deck of a Ranger when the rear chair gets hung up on the garage door.
John
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

wow im must be triple stupid then, did the un-hook the trailer on a SLIGHT hill thing. pulled the truck away and watched the trailer follow me.... :lol: just ran the tongue under the truck to stop it.... next, was going on plane with the trolling motor down, ripped one COMPLETE side of the trolling motor anchors off, spidering the gel coat at EVERY anchor spot :cry: .. left the transom saver on when i launched, was wondering why my motor would not trim down :roll: eventually broke the thing, and had to go buy a new one for the ride home.... and the best one is getting towed back to the ramp thinking you have motor problems, AND you find out you pulled the kill switch by accident.... :oops: wow more fu* k ups than i thought :o
Murph

Post by Murph »

Dang-it, kane-o, I'm trying to Win this thing. :lol: :lol:
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

Murph wrote:Dang-it, kane-o, I'm trying to Win this thing. :lol: :lol:
murph, i think i have EVERYONE BEAT.... :lol:
Flippinjigs

Post by Flippinjigs »

Your not the only one this has happened to. You could ask my son about that. He knocked down his roll up garage door and scrached up his cowling also. A replacement cowling is going to cost you around $1,300 dollars for a Yamaha VMax 225HPDI Online. I priced one a few years ago. A now price???

Hey put a sticker on the inside of your truck rear window that says $1,300 dollars that might help you remember to lower your motor. 8)

Good Fishin
If you do nothing expect nothing!