i suck at fishing...

new2bassfishin

i suck at fishing...

Post by new2bassfishin »

Ok so i just got home from fishing. I was fishing from the shore on the road to holland tract. I was low tide when i showed up and getting lower. I started by the bridge, could see a few big one here and there but couldnt get them to bite. So i decided to move down the road some and, again saw some big ones just chillin in the water about 20 yards of the shore i threw everything i had at them (mostly top water stuff but a few spinnerbaits, crankbaits, frogs, poppers, even tried a jig.) Now im sure im not fishing them the correct way but i tried several different retrives and still nothing.... There for i must suck at fishing. Anyone got some tips on fishing from the shore, or just tip in general?

Thanks
some guy

Re: i suck at fishing...

Post by some guy »

toss a senko at em.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
rexford

Post by rexford »

Ask if anyone has a back seat open during the week. I
am sure someone will take you out. Just offer to pay
1/2 gas and launch. I always learn so much more fishing
with other people.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

some guy wrote:toss a senko at em.
Lots of truth there, I will go one step further if you can see them they can see you back off those fish toss a senko and wait, then wait some more, then just a little bite longer :lol:
ScottyJ

Post by ScottyJ »

If you can see them then they can see you. They will be very wary to bite if they know you are there. If you see some back off out of site for like 20 mins then make long casts past them and work it slow. Wacky rig senko would be a good choice.
"Jig fish are big fish"
new2bassfishin

Post by new2bassfishin »

Are you sure they are bass??You must have a whole lot better eyes than mine, if you can spot them 20 yards out..Most bass are better at remaining unseen than that..I have a feeling what you are seeing is carp..
i had a feeling that might have been what they were.
new2bassfishin

Post by new2bassfishin »

as far as the senkos go, what size and color are working right now?

Thanks for the help.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Ill be honest on the River I want two colors the Green Pumpkin Candy and the Black Blue flake - 6" or 7"

Lately I have seen more clear water so the Pumpkin Candy would probably get the nod, but that dont mean I wont throw that black blue :lol: Big thanks to brother tuna and Cooch for giving me the confidence in that 7" Black Blue
BassFever7oh2

Post by BassFever7oh2 »

If what you are seeing is bass, i would try a texas rig. Just pitch it past them and wiggle away.

I have had great success from the shore with a 6" oxblood red or oxblood light(Robo Worms)

I hear senkos work great...haven't really thrown them though.

Good luck and catch them all!

If it is carp, throw white bread...always fun to catch
L Dub

Post by L Dub »

If it is carp, throw white bread...always fun to catch
Caught a 14lber on 6lb test on a ultra light rod... Good times there. Fought for about 10 mins before it finally tired out. Only thing is those F*ers stink!

Do you guys throw them back or leave them on the road? I usually give them to people but they finally caught on and wont' take them anymore.