Got the 250 SHO back today

offduty

Got the 250 SHO back today

Post by offduty »

Well I got the TR-21 with the 250 SHO back today. Spent 20 min plowing water @ 1500 rpm then 40 min plowing at 2000 rpm. I was then able to do 3000 rpm or less for an hour and get on pad. Finally after that I could go to wide open for less than 5 min at a time. Fastest so far was 76 and I guess I need to learn to drive through the Triton Chine walk. Chine walks around 70 and though I have read many articles on chine walking and how to correct it I think it is going to take a lot of seat time to master it.

I think I can get 80 if I can learn to drive this hull that fast. I have to admit that The SHO to me seems to live up to the hype Yamaha put out. It only takes a few seconds to get on pad and a few later your doing 65.

These motors have a lot of torque throughout the whole power band. You can punch it at 40 or 60 and it starts pulling hard. Highest rpm's was 57 with a 27 p Solas Scorpion prop. I can't believe how quiet and quick this motor is. I honestly think it would turn a 29 pitch prop no problem. I have not been able to get a top speed yet due to the chine walking.

Damn I love this motor, apparently a compony called Hydrotec can re flash the ECU to a 300 as this SHO is the same power head as the offshore series, so you could add another 50 ponies real easy. So far I don't think I will need them though as this motor is just plain mean.

Rich
S. Bailey

Re: Got the 250 SHO back today

Post by S. Bailey »

Glad you like it ! Its def all its cracked up to be
****BASS AKWARDS PRODUCTIONS **** Presents : The Big Bait Posse...Volume 1
The craziest Swimbait video in History. You have never seen so many giant swimbait fish jammed into one Action Packed DVD. Hope everybody enjoy's !!
offduty

Post by offduty »

Yeah I'm definitely way stoked on it. I think this will be the major force to be reckoned with and the other manufacturers will be pretty busy adapting to this motors technology. But then there is another liter of bang for every turn of the crankshaft.

Rich
Flippinjigs

Post by Flippinjigs »

Cool motor I test drove one. I would like to have one, But I just can't justify the expense my Yamaha 225HPI is only 5 yeras old with very low hours. You got love break ins.

Be Careful
Good Fishin
If you do nothing expect nothing!