Delta Dinks!!

SKTR 20i

Delta Dinks!!

Post by SKTR 20i »

Anybody that thinks there are no small bass in Delta waters come follow me around for a day!!! I am beginning to wonder if there are any fish over a pound anymore. If there are, I sure can't find them.

John.
Morgan

Re: Delta Dinks!!

Post by Morgan »

That's for sure, although I did get a 6 and a 2 1/2 on cranks today. Can't believe no Senko bite, though.

Morgan
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

No doubt, the three year class fish out there right now is amazing and boads well for the next few years on this River. The good ones are there too, just gotta be persistant, thourough and change yer thought processes a lil out there on how yer goin about catchin em!
620 Dude

Post by 620 Dude »

you might try up sizing your baits...eleminates most of the little ones an entices bigger fish looking for one big meal
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I have tried buzzbaits, Lunker Plunkers, 6" Senkos (texas rigged and powershot), 1/2 oz blades, Spooks, various cranks, Traps, jigs (yep-Wadda with a big trailer), Chatterbaits, and have been trying punching. Heck, I've been having 8 rods on deck and 4 in the passenger seat. Nada.

I know I could probably do better with a dropshot, but NO!

The bigger fish have been on a crank, but today, all dinks.....
3 more fun days.

And now I hear a chance of showers on Sat and Sun. Even if I figure it out the weather will fix that<

Morgan
Ceaser

Post by Ceaser »

Maybe its not the baits your using. Try a depth change. thats paid off heavily this year for me.
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Just borrow Coochie's scale and all your troubles will be solved John! HAR! :lol:

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Morgan wrote:I have tried buzzbaits, Lunker Plunkers, 6" Senkos (texas rigged and powershot), 1/2 oz blades, Spooks, various cranks, Traps, jigs (yep-Wadda with a big trailer), Chatterbaits, and have been trying punching. Heck, I've been having 8 rods on deck and 4 in the passenger seat. Nada. Morgan
Take note that most of what yer tossing, are reaction baits! I can tell ya one thing fer certain about these River fish right now, THEY AIN'T Chasin!!!!!!!!! You may git one here or there on any given day, but day in and day out, it just ain't happening and can lead to long, fishless days!
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Ceaser wrote:Maybe its not the baits your using. Try a depth change. thats paid off heavily this year for me.
Lots to that,

Its funny earlier in the year I made a comment to my partner that i havnt cought dinks all year our last two trips we were going through dink after dink - but the bigger fish were mixed in there too. These better fish are out there doing thier thing, being big lazy bass waiting for a big meal to flush around the corner. Lots of food sources available - last weekend my boat was littered with shrimps at the end of the day - :shock:
fishercurtis

Post by fishercurtis »

Hey I got 20lbs Wednesday all on senkos, that's 20 1lbers! :shock:
It's All About the Hook up
Esin Restaurant & Bar, Revel Kitchen & Bar
201Pro

Post by 201Pro »

fishercurtis wrote:Hey I got 20lbs Wednesday all on senkos, that's 20 1lbers! :shock:
HAR, I also got 20#'s last weekend ... but, mine was 40 1/2#ers! :shock: :shock:
Chris
=========================
2004 Ranger 521VX, ETEC250HO
8" Atlas Hydro Plate, 25p Tempest+
Hotfoot/ProTrim/4-bank Dual Pro
2x Blade Series Power Poles
Minn Kota Fortrex 112
Lowrance HDS12 Carbon & Gen3
=========================
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

tunaman wrote:Just borrow Coochie's scale and all your troubles will be solved John! HAR! :lol:

Roger
LMFAO :lol: :lol: :wink: 8)
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
Phil Burgess

Post by Phil Burgess »

5 TO 15 FOOT RIGHT OFF A DEFINED GRASS EDGE..... AND SLOW DOWN...... :oops:
ILL RIDE TO HELL AND BACK WITH YOU BOYS!!!!!!!!!!
Marty

Post by Marty »

tunaman wrote:Just borrow Coochie's scale and all your troubles will be solved John! HAR! :lol:
Roger
Good one Roger
swimbait

Post by swimbait »

Don't feel bad. Delta in the fall is like this a lot. IMO it's all to do with location, and yes - sometimes you can try 40 spots and never find good quality in the fall. Look at the recent FLW event. 10lbs a day got paid.

The way it usually works for me in the fall is that on tournament day I catch 27 undersize fish and 1 keeper while my partner catches the other 4.

The next weekend I get ticked off and go striper fishing by myself instead. While striper fishing I catch a 16lb limit of blacks on rattletraps and swimbaits, which would have taken 3rd place in the team event the same day.

Welcome to the delta!
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Ok, I'll take your advice tomorrow, sounds good. I did get hit outside weedlines on cranks. Tried brushhogs outside also. Was showing my Son-in-law how to fish speed traps and dropshots. Friday, will have both son-in-laws, think I 'll go towards middle to south delta.
Today, more of the same except I had a frog fish, but couldn't get it out on initial hit and by the time i got to it, I had a limit of grassy Cheeze.
Still, a great time to out fishing the delta!

Morgan
Flippinjigs

Post by Flippinjigs »

[quote="swimbait"]Don't feel bad. Delta in the fall is like this a lot.

It's been fall all year! :P

Good Fishin
If you do nothing expect nothing!
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

tunaman wrote:Just borrow Coochie's scale and all your troubles will be solved John! HAR! :lol: Roger
C'mon Roger, you know better than that, you been with me! That scale only works properly on 6-9 pound fish!! A 6-13 incher, is still a 6-13 INCHER! HAR! HAR! HAR!
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Cooch wrote:C'mon Roger, you know better than that, you been with me! That scale only works properly on 6-9 pound fish!! A 6-13 incher, is still a 6-13 INCHER! HAR! HAR! HAR!
My bad my partner... you're right! Dinks are dinks, even on Cooch's scale!

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
SKTR 20i

Post by SKTR 20i »

Thanks Roger, still laughing!!! It's nice when you can rib your partner and he goes right along with it!! It does appear that SLOOOW is the ticket right now, but you still have to be in the right place no matter what and I will keep putting my bait in the water until I figure it out.

John.