mead fish off

smoothmel

mead fish off

Post by smoothmel »

any word on the weights? and how are the teams doings
goodwin clint

Re: mead fish off

Post by goodwin clint »

Last I heard team Davies in lead with 12 plus, team Morrow also 12 and change and my info from team Grover 8 plus, sorry but thats about all i can help you with
BUCKBASS

Post by BUCKBASS »

Just talked to Bump at Mead the weather is 85, blue bird sky's wind out of the south at 4 to 6 miles. Hes saying a great day to fish. Yes 12+ leading, 7+ in 35, 4+ in 69 think goodness its a couple.
slimmy houston

Post by slimmy houston »

hey buckbass, is pat and billy fishing or working?
Andrew Jackson

Post by Andrew Jackson »

Just an "unofficial" update of day 2. John Mackey and Derek Yamamoto won the event with 22+lbs. Then I believe it is the Morrows with 21+lbs then there were a few more over the 20lb mark. Moses and partner, Barnson and partner. It was calm and flat until around 2pm when a very severe storm rolled through. Tom Philips reported 12 to 14' rollers from middle point to the islands at Echo. Said he almost got flipped over backwards. Some guys said it was calm and then BLAM 60 mph winds with sand and it was 5+ footers....back at the docks it weren't so bad. One poor sole came back in with his pfd inflated and and a stub of cigar in his mouth it was a classic sight. Very funny. They took a few pics of him...
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

I had a blast at my first classic! Thanks for letting me use your boat Buckbass! It handled the 5 footers good. We speared a few though. I think it was my fault though. :)
Joey

Post by Joey »

I'm glad we never saw the 12 to 14 foot rollers. We definitely experienced the dead clam and then all of the sudden 60mph winds and 5-6 foot waves everyhwere.

Can somebody please post the results, I still haven't seen em. I couldn't make the awards thing.
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

Garrett,Congrat.s to you and Aaron on your Day Two.Stay off my water!LOL!!Way to come back!You Guy's ROCK!Joey,hope POP'S is doing alright after being hit by that Coot?Had a Great time.Should have seen the look in Mona's eyes when we headed back across the basin.Did anyone see the Houseboat flip?
Murph

Post by Murph »

When I left there yesterday morning, there was still a Houseboat beached sideways on a Rocky Shorline. I took a little boatride before departing and in one of my fishing spots, there was an upside-down boat. That Storm hit Very Fast. I don't know how to measure the rollers that Mel and I were in, but while surfing in to Callville, often times the water was 2 feet higher than the bow of my boat, and that's with the boat at atleast a 45 degree angle, probably steeper. Congrats to Derrick and John, and of course Congrats to John and Tammy, probably the best TOC Team ever !!!
It might be lonely at the Top, but it's a bitch, at the Bottom !
B Becker

Post by B Becker »

yeah, I don't know about 12-14' rollers, but I was at Echo when it hit and we couldn't get around Middle Point (I would say they were an easy 8'), so we pulled into a cove and waited. I fish with my pops (turned 71 on Friday), this was his last tourney!! He didn't do well and most of it was when we hit Calville. I have seen some shizzle on this lake, but nothing like that, and how fast it came, wow. A huge thanks to Jim Kirkwood for always looking out for my dad, and to Bump at Calville for the same. And to everyone else that has always said "hello" to him. He will be my practice partner on days that have no-threat whatsoever! And I'm sure he will be at all the weigh-ins, as usual. It was a great TOC, except for the last hour.
Brent Becker

Sponsors:
www.brentbeckerfishing.com
www.skeeterboats.com
www.basspro.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.maxima-lines.com
Murph

Post by Murph »

Brent, that had to be you, right behind me in the Weigh-in line, and I didn't recognize you, sorry 'bout that! It must have been the soaking wet appearance or something. I hope you guys are getting some of this rain, that Lake needs it. I hope it storms all week long. I'm sure 'ol Kruella Mulroy is throwing a genuine tantrum, with every drop that hits the surrounding area.
It might be lonely at the Top, but it's a bitch, at the Bottom !
B Becker

Post by B Becker »

yes it was, sorry for not being more cordial. My dad literally yelled at every pounding. It was hard to watch the waves and keep an eye on him at the same time. We had no choice! I had to keep the nose up. We really came in ok, it was no big deal to me, I have been there done that. But he hadn't. It's all good, I'm just glad we made it in. It is pouring out at the lake right now, I can't see the foothills by my house, which is only 5 miles from the lake, so I know it is getting hammered.
Brent Becker

Sponsors:
www.skeeterboats.com
www.basspro.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.maxima-lines.com
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

I guess theres no reason to come over n fish tomorrow then if its raining and windy there
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
Joey

Post by Joey »

Todd Dunlap wrote:Garrett,Congrat.s to you and Aaron on your Day Two.Stay off my water!LOL!!Way to come back!You Guy's ROCK!Joey,hope POP'S is doing alright after being hit by that Coot?Had a Great time.Should have seen the look in Mona's eyes when we headed back across the basin.Did anyone see the Houseboat flip?
Wrong joey I think. I did not fish with my dad. Although, i believe we did hit a few coots headin towards echo on the first day, they were flying TOWARDS the boat.
B Becker

Post by B Becker »

Calville Bay got washed out this afternoon.

http://cache.edashcms.com/img/500/0/0/0 ... /p1SGt.jpg

http://cache.edashcms.com/img/500/0/0/0 ... /xpIjc.jpg

These are pics from the top of the ramp looking down at where we weighed in!! Good thing you didn't come out Kirk!!

I don't know how to attach pics, so if it doesn't come out they came from our local news website (www.kvbc.com) - channel 3 here in Vegas.
Brent Becker

Sponsors:
www.skeeterboats.com
www.basspro.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.maxima-lines.com