Topwater Pop-R's, Rico's etc.

DAKINE198

Topwater Pop-R's, Rico's etc.

Post by DAKINE198 »

When and where is the best times of the year and conditions to throw a Pop-R type of bait?
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell
ash
SpeedBump

Re: Topwater Pop-R's, Rico's etc.

Post by ash »

Right NOW! Fall and Summer (during post spwan) are great times of year to throw those small topwater baits. Also during the shad spawn, when they are dimpling in the water.
Riplip

Post by Riplip »

Late Feb thu early Nov for me. I could probably add the rest of the calander but I just don't try enough in winter. Speed kills!
If you always do what you did, you will always get what you got!

www.californiaresrvoirlures.com
Dom

Post by Dom »

DAKINE198 wrote:When and where is the best times of the year and conditions to throw a Pop-R type of bait?
I'll Second Ash Also dont go with no sissy wand out here on the Delta get a good 7' med or med -heavy rod with a bait caster (better the reel the better) spool up with some power pro braid I use 50lb. ( it floats so you get a good plunk sound every snap of the wrist) I use rico's Had Jeremy paint me up some killer colors, I change the hooks out I put a Owner stinger feathered #6 on the back and and a #4 stinger on the front the bait will sit tail down in the water and the feather tail will flutter just from the movement of the water :D . And the Hooks are alot stronger with a bigger bite gap then the stock hooks . I have found if the fish even touches the bait with these hooks that fish is hooked :D :D :D

During spring you can toss it up behind the tules and not worry about getting snagged on the power pro, you can rip it out and during the fall good chance you'll hook a BIG striper so the power pro is good all the way around.

Hope this helps no big secrete if people fish the delta then people know this rig
Tight Lines Dom