CARBON MONOXIDE STICKERS

Phil

CARBON MONOXIDE STICKERS

Post by Phil »

I READ SOME TIME BACK THAT YOU HAD TO HAVE THESE STICKERS ON YOUR MOTOR/BOAT ? WE HAVE THE STICKERS HERE AT JIGS, BUT IT DOES NOT SAY WHERE TO INSTALL OR DISPLAY THE STICKERS ? DOES ANYONE KNOW ?

THANK YOU
Dan McKenzie

Re: CARBON MONOXIDE STICKERS

Post by Dan McKenzie »

Jigs,
Use this link, you'll be able to print out duplicates of the pamphlet the state sends out explaining the locations for the stickers to be applied.
DM

http://dbw.ca.gov/Pubs/CO/CObroch.pdf
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Jigs, right on the backside of the paper the stickers are on it shows/says where each one go. One goes on the back of the boat by the engine, so someone is the water can read it. The other goes somewhere visible to the driver, so they can see that dangerous gas's can caused physical harm. Is not our state and the governement so smart to come up with this vital info for us dumb boaters. :lol: :lol: :lol: Bill K
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
Riplip

Post by Riplip »

Just wondering....Why aren't the stickers printed in spanish as well? :lol:
If you always do what you did, you will always get what you got!

www.californiaresrvoirlures.com
Phil

Post by Phil »

I JUST DON'T GET IT. ALL THESE YEARS I BEEN STICKING MY NODE RIGHT UP MY ENGINES EXHAUST WOW...........(RIPLIP...THATS ALMOST FUNNY )!!!!

THANKS, I GUESS I SHOULD TURN THE STICKER OVER AND READ IT HUH !! TYPICAL SALESMAN HUH !!!
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

I have yet to get my stickers yet for 2006??? As long as the fees are payed I am ok right?

Don.
Phil

Post by Phil »

DON IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE STICKERS THEY ARE FREE, I HAVE THEM HERE AT JIGS.........INFACT IF YOU WANT ME TO ORDER THE LINE ??? CALL ME AND I'LL PUT A STICKER ASIDE WHEN AND IF YOUR LINE GETS HERE OK

JIGS
Bill kizer

Post by Bill kizer »

I have a question on these stickers. I just got my new registration for my little Bass Hound bass boat. For those of you who might not know what a bass hound is, it's 10.5' long, made out of plastic, has two seats, a live well, and an electric trolling motor.

Now my question. It has a motor mounts both in front and back. So if I had a 5 hp motor (It's rated for 5 hp) which I don't, where do I put my two enclosed stickers in case someone gives me a gas motor which I wouldn't use anyway.

I guess I should go by Jigs Tackle and pick a few more up just in case, I'll just plaster them every so often around the boat. :? :?
Bill
Just call me Tule bender
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Bill. I have a 14ft johnboat, that I only use a electric motor on for fishing small lakes, when I am after liver fish. I put a set on it also, one on the rear transon, faceing out and one on the starboard side about the middle, to cover the operator, etc view. I do not think you really need them on a boat without a combustion engine, but you know how smart the officials are, now days, so cover myself I just put them on the boat. Bill K As for the question about spanish printings, I bet they did not even think of that yet.
Oh boy we blew it now, sure to come when someone high up reads this.. :lol: :lol:
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Last week I went to dmv to renew my stickers.When the lady gave 07 stickers she did not give my carbin monoxide stickers so I asked for them and she didn,t know what I was talking about. Are they mandatory to have?
Barry

Post by Barry »

They are mandatory. The sheriff at McClure (surprize) glanced at mine while he walked by, don't know if he looked at anybody else. These stickers are a result of skiers barefooting right off the back of the boat and the big guys idleing next to each other. I think they outlawed the sking off the swim platform too. Thank Stella ,in part, for this Prop 65 like sticker. (Stella was the lady awarded $85 k for dumping coffee in her lap at the drive through)....
CZ

Post by CZ »

Same here, a friend got his sticker and asked the lady about the carbon monoxide sticker, well typical DMV, they acted like he was the dummy. My 07 sticker still hasn't come through the mail yet even though they cashed the check a little while ago. So does the carbon monoxide sticker come with the 07 tag or do i need to specifically order them

On another note will I need to put them on my kickboat, especially for those following close behind my kickboat after eating a juicy roast beef sandwhich, oh no, that would be a methane sticker :twisted:
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

CZ, They do come with your 07 #s in the mail and thats what i told the lady at dmv but she said never of them she even asked the guy next to her and never herd of them. What pros they are!.