BULLARD'S BAR LAUNCHING

Basslab

BULLARD'S BAR LAUNCHING

Post by Basslab »

Last time there last month it looked like Dark Day was almost out of the water so if you have been lately, are we back to Emerald Cove or still launching out of Dark Day? Thanks.
FredP

Re: BULLARD'S BAR LAUNCHING

Post by FredP »

Launch anyplace you want Len. Dark Day goes way down but you can park closer at the dam. Fishing sucks though.
krpierce

Post by krpierce »

Like Fred said, you can park alongside the ramp at the dam and save a long walk.

Looked like they put in some kind of Ranger check station as you enter the parking lot. Maybe they will start charging to launch next year?
Kenny Pierce
bassmonkey

Post by bassmonkey »

As of Saturday, Dark Day did not look it had a dock but plenty of ramp. Plenty of beach around so no big deal. Emerald Cove is your best bet and is way more secure for your rig. Fishing is a little tough right now.
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

krpierce ,

I read that there was the possibility of Mussel inspections starting, that would be a reason for the check in station you saw. just a thought.
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
FredP

Post by FredP »

yes if we don't do something we're going to be paying $30 for the privilege of boating on their lake. YCWA is doing a cost study now. Any water craft entering the lake. It's a shame that skiers aren't as organized as fishermen. maybe enough people could sway the issue.
krpierce

Post by krpierce »

That would be a dirty shame if they charge that much. Lets hope Mark is right and its just a check station for Mussels...
Kenny Pierce
Basslab

Post by Basslab »

Thanks everyone........on to Emerald and save the legs.
DG

Post by DG »

See what one harmless fishing report started! Now everyone wants tournaments there and we'll be paying through the "you know what" to get in. Gotta find another "sleeper" lake
"And Jesus said unto them,come ye after me and I will make you become fishers of men"
<+}}}><
green_monster

Post by green_monster »

DG wrote:See what one harmless fishing report started! Now everyone wants tournaments there and we'll be paying through the "you know what" to get in. Gotta find another "sleeper" lake
Come on Dick. It's just a matter of time, everyone hears from someone. There is no such thing as secrets. It's always just a matter of time. No reason for being upset or bitter now. Time to go fishing.

vonspreck
"Work is for people who don't know how to fish!" unknown

http://www.folsombassteam.com
DG

Post by DG »

J.
I guess I should have used some smilies to show that I was making fun of an old friend. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really do hope they don't allow tournaments there though. I think "pressure" has changed the fishing at some of our lakes. Look at what happened to Lake Fork a while back. It has never really come all the way back from what it used to be. Anyway there's still a few that don't get hammered every weekend and that's where you'll usually find me . :wink:
"And Jesus said unto them,come ye after me and I will make you become fishers of men"
<+}}}><
green_monster

Post by green_monster »

Gotcha! :D :D

We still need to hook up again at our special spot this fall. The SB bite should begin to pick up soon. :)
"Work is for people who don't know how to fish!" unknown

http://www.folsombassteam.com