VOTE

For political discussions
mark poulson

VOTE

Post by mark poulson »

People are dying so we can have the right to choose our government.
We owe it to them to vote.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Rich reeser

Re: VOTE

Post by Rich reeser »

Thats right people, time to
TOSS OUT THE TRASH
Byron

Post by Byron »

Bye Bye Boxer ! :D
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Who we choose to vote for isn't the issue.
Voting is the issue.
Excercising our right to vote, so we are the ones who choose, is what is important.
If we don't vote, we have no right to complain about what our government does, and we do a real disservice to the men and women who are putting their lives on the line so we have that right.
CLEAN AND DRY
Rod Wynn

Post by Rod Wynn »

Vote YES on Prop 19!

Baaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaa
AMATEURS work until they get it RIGHT..
PROFESSIONALS WORK until they CAN'T get it Wrong..
Marty

Post by Marty »

Rod Wynn wrote:Vote YES on Prop 19!

Baaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaa
Why?
Thunnus Salmoides

Post by Thunnus Salmoides »

mark poulson wrote:Who we choose to vote for isn't the issue.
Voting is the issue.
Excercising our right to vote, so we are the ones who choose, is what is important.
If we don't vote, we have no right to complain about what our government does, and we do a real disservice to the men and women who are putting their lives on the line so we have that right.
It's kind of ironic that those who protect our right to vote may be denied their right to vote in some states. Whether it is incompetence or deliberate, those responsible should be held accountable!
http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2010/ ... n-102510w/
Morality- Right and wrong determined by God's laws.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Thunnus Salmoides wrote:
mark poulson wrote:Who we choose to vote for isn't the issue.
Voting is the issue.
It's kind of ironic that those who protect our right to vote may be denied their right to vote in some states. Whether it is incompetence or deliberate, those responsible should be held accountable!
http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2010/ ... n-102510w/
That's exactly the reason we all need to read up on the issues and candidates, and vote.
That's the only way we can hold the idiots accountable.
CLEAN AND DRY
Kolt45

Post by Kolt45 »

Speaking of voting, I hope all of you read up on Prop 21. The Prop wants to automatically add an additional $18 to your vehicle registration and give everyone in the state "automatic access" into any State Park. This is absolutely ludicrous first, because the State Park system is already self-sustaining. Second, the state claims that this would generate $500 MILLION to help "to preserve wildlife".

What people don't realize is that if this prop is passed, it would be next to impossible to undo. Additionally, if it is passed, what is going to keep our "great state" from increasing the registration fee to $25 next year, then $35 the following year, and so on for the rest of your lives? Think about it. Do you want the state taking more money out of your pockets?

This prop may look good at first, but if passes, be prepared to pay the piper forever.

My 10 cents....
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

At the risk of opening myself up to everyone's wrath, I think raising the "car tax" is a good idea.
Even our great governator, Arnold, says repealing the "car tax" was his biggest mistake while in office.
There is no free lunch.
I lived through the property tax nightmare that brought about Prop. 13, and remember how gutless politicians kept hiking property taxes whenever they needed more money, because they thought they could get away with it.
The people, including me, said "Enough", and passed Prop. 13.
The only thing we didn't count on was how cowardly politicians, instead of raising general revenues through a sales tax, punted, and just said "Oh, no, we don't have any money now", and let our state turn to crap.
Money to support services has to come from somewhere, and, by and large, politicians won't say we need to raise taxes, even if their children are being held hostage. So I think this is not a bad idea. It may not be perfect, but it begins the process of trying to pay for the services we all use, without floating another loan, or bond, and mortgaging/borrowing against our kids' futures.
I have ever confidence in our ability to repeal this "fee" if it is abused, like we did with Prop. 13.
Don't sell us short.
CLEAN AND DRY
crawdaddy

Post by crawdaddy »

For those of us who vote by mail, please remember tomorrow (Friday) is the last day to get the mail in ballots in on time.
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.
Marty

Post by Marty »

I'm on my way to Vote before going to work - Vote the Bums OUT!