Input needed for Striper Tourny @ San Luis

coyotebait

Input needed for Striper Tourny @ San Luis

Post by coyotebait »

The striper tournament we are holding at San Luis Main Lake next Saturday the 20th is slow on sign ups. Therefore we may have to cancel it OR.... If I can move it to the O'neil Forebay would people be more interested??? I am also thinking lures only. Any input would great!!

Coyote Bait and Tackle
bassaddicted

Re: Input needed for Striper Tourny @ San Luis

Post by bassaddicted »

Bass tourney at Anderson or Fore Bay :P :P
Last edited by bassaddicted on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Nguyen

Post by Long Nguyen »

A "first" like a striper tournament at San Luis will probably have low numbers, but as you continue to host it and make it annual, more and more anglers will be aware of it and will participate. Word of mouth will spread and anglers will look forward to fishing it every year.

As for Forebay versus main lake, that's a tough call. The forebay can fish small at times so I'd prefer the main lake.

Bait for me is fine, I don't think you'd have to make it artificials only. You may be limiting the number of entrants if you go lures only.

Good luck.
CN

Post by CN »

I would fish if it's lures only and it has to be on the big lake.
coyotebait

Post by coyotebait »

Thank You for all the input given for the tournament. What we are going to do is wait until Saturday 13th and if we get 30 boats the tournament will go on as planed next Saturday20th. If not it will be canceled and all entry fees will be returned. We will keep everyone updated!!
Thank You Very much
Coyote Bait and Tackle
Paul W

Post by Paul W »

Is this going to be a catch and release, or kill tournament?
CN

Post by CN »

Paul W wrote:Is this going to be a catch and release, or kill tournament?
Well the fish will probably not survive Paul. Striper's dont do to well once kept even in a live well.

I fished the lake last weekend and if 20 boat's show up and it's lures only I would say you might see 15 fish weighed.Not much of an impact on this lake I assure you.
raymond

Post by raymond »

Well what ever happens I would still like to thank you for putting on these events and keeping the sport alive in the south bay.Calero fishes to small and so does yote.Anderson can support a 30 boat field easier with good ramps and parking,even though the limits are smaller the playing field is more even.