puppies and antlers, nothing grows faster...

Dan McKenzie

puppies and antlers, nothing grows faster...

Post by Dan McKenzie »

He's grown like a weed in the past 9 months, from a little 15 lb butter ball to
to a lean 83 lbs. He's started hunting over the past month and a half. He's still got a long
ways to go.
ScottyJ

Re: puppies and antlers, nothing grows faster...

Post by ScottyJ »

Great looking dog Dan. Makes me miss mine. I especially like the pic of him with his red rocket out with the pheasant. Was he pointing in one of the pics too? Where you hunt at?
"Jig fish are big fish"
Dan McKenzie

Post by Dan McKenzie »

He does get a bit excited around birds : ) He is indeed pointing, he's from a pointing line out of Sams Creek Kennels in Oregon. I've been hunting on my lease up in Livermore, a couple of trips to Grey Lodge, Suisun, just about anywhere and everywhere I can, trying to get as much work and build confidence as often as possible. I got a seat in a blind out of Willows so we're going to get some waterfowl in too. So far he's been a breeze to train, my hat is off to the breeder they've done a great job producing healthy pups with strong desire and instinct.
Ron T.

Post by Ron T. »

Dan , do you have any info on Sams creek kennals ? Your lab looks like agreat dog ! Mine is going on 16 years now so If looking for a quality breeder. Did Sams creek offer any health guarintees on the hips or joints ?
Ron
Dan McKenzie

Post by Dan McKenzie »

Ron

Their website is http://www.samscreekkennels.com/

Bruce and Krica (pronounced Keesha) Flaming and their 4 boys run it, its in a beautiful along the Oregon Coast. Do a little poking around and take a good look at pedigrees, many hunt test and field champs in their bloodlines. They offer a 3 year unconditional return, so if anything medically or if the dog doesn't want to hunt you can bring it back to them. Their dogs are all about hunting and health, they don't breed for show. Tiger Mountain and Snake River Pointing labs are two other highly respected breeders you might consider as well. I felt all three were fairly equal, I was searching for a particular line "wannamakers hot tub" so when it popped up through a sams creek breeding that was the direction I went in.

on point

1st Birthday Party in the Livermore hills