Where do you guys launch for the deep water channel?

kcaro

Where do you guys launch for the deep water channel?

Post by kcaro »

Need a little advise of where to launch if I wanted to fish in the deep water channel or the port? Thanks....
bustout

Re: Where do you guys launch for the deep water channel?

Post by bustout »

morelli park or ladd's
bustout

Post by bustout »

...also the launch next to Pixie woods near the gun club in stockton (I-5....monte diablo exit)
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

A lot of folks will probably tell you the municipal launches at Morelli Park (under I-5) and Louis Park/Pixie Woods are on the sketchy side. They were renovated a couple years ago and are nicer now but some of the characters hanging out at either one may make you think twice. Just for the record, I used to use the ramp at Morelli quite a bit (and at late hours) but never experienced a vehicle break in.

Your best bet is the other municipal marina, Buckley Cove Marina (between Ladd's Stockton Marina and Riverpoint Landing). It's the large multi-lane marina where all of the tournaments go out of. It's about a three mile run to the Port/Turning Basin area.
kcaro

Post by kcaro »

Thank you very much, Ill try those out...how about the port in Sacramento?
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

kcaro wrote:how about the port in Sacramento?
If you know a member of the Washington Outboard Club you can access the Port of Sac through their private ramp. Your other options into the Port: hand launch a car topper from the Jefferson Blvd access (near the lock) or a very L-O-N-G run up the shipping channel where it enters the river.
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

In order to launch at The Washington Outboard you must be amember and HE CAN ONLY LAUNCH his boat only. He CANNOT use his truck to launch your boat as it's club violation and will lose his membership.
Other way is launch from Arrow Head go thru miner and into the deep water channel and it's about a 20 mile run to the port from there. Make sure you have plenty of gas as no gas stop along the way.
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

HogBack off of Grand Island is your shortest route to fish there ..... Take 160 to 220 @ the Ryde hotel. Other side of the island turn left and you will se it about 2-3 miles down on your right. Steamboat slough I believe for it. It is self pay and a very good ramp/docks.

The next closest will be Vierra's in the Sac river further down south ....... But you have alot of 5mph to get through in your boat. There is also Rio Vista public ramp.

Apples to Oranges comparing those two for the cost of fuel and time.
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

kcaro wrote:Thank you very much, Ill try those out...how about the port in Sacramento?
This may depend on where yer comin from KC. From Oakley, we will launch out of Vierras. There's no 5 mph back to the Sacto shipping channel and you'd have to go another 30+ minutes vehicle drive time ta git ta Hogback. Hogback is not a place I recommend, because the folks there(well, I believe it's the local Sherrifs), will scrutinize yer presence in any way they can to write you a ticket, while yer out fishing. So many of us have gotten a ticket because one of the tires on out truck or boat trailer, was touching the white lines of their parking stalls. Tail lights, registration, day pass not properly displayed, cracked windshields, anything they can find, they'll write ya a ticket for. It is also the one ramp here on the Delta, where more trailer license plates get stolen, than any place I've ever fished!

I'm not familure at all, where ya might launch in the Sacto area if yer comming from the north.