11-30 report

SLoGiN

11-30 report

Post by SLoGiN »

launched 6am at whiskey....ramp pier frozen and nearly fell in the water....btw any suggestions for shoes or boots that will hold the frozen ramps better?....water 45 degrees at the ramp but warmed to around 50 for the day...fished a couple cuts in whiskey with topwater baits for nothing....not even a swirl....no birds at all...headed to middle river flats west of mildred ....nothing....again no birds....marked lots of bait balls on or near bottom and lots of fish in 25-35 ft...went to jigging spoons [duh] for one 15 incher in an hour of jigging where i marked lots of bait and fish deep....headed out to the san joaquin near turner cut mouth and various areas 5 miles west....no birds....swimbaits....fishtraps...big hammers....again jigging spoons on breaks with no results....my rod moved once all day....the 15 incher....everywhere i went it had that dead feel to it..not a breath of wind the whole day..the only bird activity i saw was a sealion tearing up a big carp with 10 seagulls swooping....i saw zero terns all day....water is still gin clear...if i didnt see lots of fish on the ff id call it a fall run ....i may head up towards the port of stockton or the old sac above isleton jigging or swimbaits or just fish super slow with hairraisers...what swimbaits do you guys fish super slow?
godzilla

Re: 11-30 report

Post by godzilla »

port of stockton has nothing now also...was there about 2 weeks ago and nothing. caught a LMB(not even a #). saw 2 seals swimming around slamming salmon thats all...not sure where the fishes are at now...maybe try tracy oasis?
***GODZILLA AFTER MILFS!!...(MOMMAS I LIKE TO FISH)....***
W.C

Post by W.C »

Slogan, I had the same experience as u only I launched out of RIVERS END . I got on the water at about 6:30 and stared throwing swimsuit ,fish traps ,rattle traps, big stick , The One and everything else that I could think of. Water temp , bait balls 11 inch stripes on a spoon, that's and a freaked stupid Sea Lion that followed me from old river , Mildred ,Connection ect. It had a white patch on its neck that was how I knew it was the same Sea lion. It pretty much sucked but I would love to do it again instead of having to work.. :D I didn't post anything on here because I had no useful info. I just wanted u to know that u weren't alone, we r all struggling right now with u :lol:
W.C

Post by W.C »

Slogan, I had the same experience as u only I launched out of RIVERS END . I got on the water at about 6:30 and stared throwing swimsuit ,fish traps ,rattle traps, big stick , The One and everything else that I could think of. Water temp , bait balls 11 inch stripes on a spoon, that's and a freaked stupid Sea Lion that followed me from old river , Mildred ,Connection ect. It had a white patch on its neck that was how I knew it was the same Sea lion. It pretty much sucked but I would love to do it again instead of having to work.. :D I didn't post anything on here because I had no useful info. I just wanted u to know that u weren't alone, we r all struggling right now with u :lol: