Serious, No Topwater????????

striperwannab

Serious, No Topwater????????

Post by striperwannab »

Guys,

Though I have only been fishing for stripers a couple of years, I fished them through Dec and still caught them. Were they flukes?????????

I have heard from Randy Pringle that he catches them through Jan?

Please give me some feed back, this goes from Cooch saying "he put his topwater rods away three weeks ago".

WannaB
SLoGiN

Re: Serious, No Topwater????????

Post by SLoGiN »

i got a 28 lber jan 14 last year on a trout magnum spook fishing it super slow...water was 46 degrees] and got 6 fish over 15 from dec thru january last year all on lps and spooks fished slow but if the fish didnt get it on the first try they didnt come back for whatever reason and i put tons of time on the water for those fish....i definately see how people dont think its worth it with the cold fog and the grindout fishing and very few people go with me this time of year because its a grindout for few fish but the fish are usually good size. seemed like everything was late last year though like 4-5 weeks later than average so hell it could be over til spring...ve vil c...it sure seemed over when i was out yesterday
striperwannab

Post by striperwannab »

Thanks for the post SloGin, that gives me hope and continue to throw them!
stkbass

Post by stkbass »

Well, last year i've caught them through December on top water fishing super slow. But recall last year being warmer during this time of year. It's been freking cold this year. The temps dropped quickly compared to last year. But I'm still hoping to catch a few more on top water.