LAST CALL- nUtCasE Rally -Perris Jan 2nd/ 1.4.11 /

Otay Michael

LAST CALL- nUtCasE Rally -Perris Jan 2nd/ 1.4.11 /

Post by Otay Michael »

This is a fun tournament, a meet and greet fellow WesternBAss nutcases, winners will get bragging rights only; no monetary fees or awards are involved what-so-ever.

It will be a 'paper tournament'; photograph and weigh the fish on the spot, then toss 'em back.

There are Quagga Inspections at Perris, and any boat that has been on an infested lake within the past week will be turned away, or any with water/moisture still in it, so keep that in mind-clean and dry. No motor limitations.

So here is the plan/One day, two part, fun tournament, Sunday Jan. 2nd.
Individual weights for best five fish in each session, highest combined totals from the two sessions wins. (Since we are not keeping them, the 15" minimum is not required, weigh all your dinks if you wish).

Weigh and photograph your fish. Keep track of your best five on paper.

We will draw names for boaters/non-boaters, at safe light (exact time to be announced still).

Fish till 11:00, come in for paper weigh-in reports, re-draw names for next session and fish till 2 p.m.. and report back in for totaling, back-slapping/congrats/condolence ceremony. Hang and brag and/or cry to hearts content.

2:15 P.M. - BBQ/Pot Luck starts /Verbal awards to be given: Top Nut, Big Nut, Odd Nut and, of course, Numb Nut.

Per sTony: "PS - For those not acquainted with the Nutcases, Top Nut is the all around big limit, Big Nut is for big fish, Odd Nut is largest non-bass weighed in and Numb Nut is for the dufus maneuver of the event, i.e; the guy that falls in, launches without his plug in or some other such catastrophe. I've personally possess two Odd Nut awards and a Numb Nut as well. Cooch has the most Top Nut's but he also has the most Numb Nut awards as well."

Sign up by adding your name below or P/M me, I'll then keep a running list here.
Let me know what muchies/drinks you'll bring for the pot luck/bbq, I'll inclued it behind folks names now.
So far this is what I've got.

Boater:
1. macinckirk - Current N. LameNut
2. Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins - Current N. BigNut
3. mrfishcado
4. teamdeadmoney (Pete Marino)
5. Nunyo Bizness (John)
6. mrobinett (Mike Robinett) has papers for paper weigh-in (never knew there was actually a paper for it!)
7. smpboy
8. Scott Robertson

Todd Dunlap (May have to move to non- as boat filled with ice)

(Penciled in)
Garrettt
jrbasspro (Walt Kondracki)

Last minute cancellations:
Buckbass: having to replace axle on trailer.
Joel (Brian Day's friend from S.Africa- got sick)
Brian D. (Brian Day) BUT showed for BBQ/socializing.
mx4life14 (Bryson Molesky) and friend (slept in, and forgot 2011 license, maybe nextime).
Todd and Mona Dunlap (boat filled with ice)

Non-boater:
1. Otay Michael (Michael Seewald) Leaving 'the Answered Prayer' home. (trolling motor prob.)
2. sTony (Tony S. -Current N. NumbNut)
3. friend of mrfishcado
4. Barry (co of Pete Marino's)
5. Luc Drouin (new to WB, but not new to fishing- 'looking forward to making new friends')
6. Merri (Nunyo Bizness's better half)
7. george (George Azevedo)
8. ASD (Scott Dipman) Boat problems, moved to non.

____=====____________________=====_________________________--===

FOOD: (pm me or add to the bottom of this thread, I'll update it here daily.

sTony: BBQ for some cooking, a two burner stove for heating and a couple ice chests for beverages. If required, I can also bring a couple ez-ups and tables. Generally I bring some dogs or sausages and buns and what not, with condiments.

Todd & Mona: Propane,Chili and Cornbread with Honey butter
mrobinett: I'll bring a couple of salads and some dessert stuff.
sgvangler -Sorry but I have to cancel, but I will be sending homemade carne asada/guacamole with Kirk.
George Azevedo - case of soda, hot dish or dessert.
Otay- case and a half of Coke. (I usually only drink water, but I know most folks like the soda).
Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins - Steaks
Nunyo Bizness and better half (John & Merri- chicken)
Brian D. (bbq chicken)

Results:
Ended up shortening the contest to a 1:30 weigh in time as rains were predicted in afternoon. Everyone pretty much took their friend out as their back-seater. Was overcast, fairly windy (5-10 mph from the east) very cold and started to rain at 2.30, ending the BBQ a little early than we wanted. Water 50 degrees, air was about 40. MS

1st - 3 fish, Barry, co of Pete's (+ odd nut- got a trout).
2nd - Scott Robertson w/ 1 bass, 2-8
3rd - Pete Moreno w/1 bass
Everyone else: skunked
Last edited by Otay Michael on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 40 times in total.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Otay Michael

Re: Sign-up for So. Winter NutCase Rally- Perris Lake Jan. 2

Post by Otay Michael »

PS
Don't forget, Jan. 2nd is a NEW YEAR, as in fishing license renewals!

Just talked to Kwin w/ DFG, he said as long as there are no prizes/awards what-so-ever no permit would be required on there end either (I talked to the State Parks dept. there, same deal with them). So, the theme will be 'We don't need no stinkin' prizes'!
Last edited by Otay Michael on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

sTony

Post by sTony »

Looking fun, hope some of y'all will come out and meet, greet and eat.

Only suggestion I'd make is to shorten up the fishing sessions and allow for some daylight to eat and what not. It gets dark early, at least up here it does, in January. Maybe take and hour off each, forget about lunch, and then final weigh in at 2:00pm. THEN we eat! Gives folks time to set up and heat up or cook and what not.

Just a suggestion, from a known Nutcase eater, not angler, hahaha.

sTony
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

I dont think we should have a paper weighin..

Yeah I know its just for fun but lets just have a weighin...I know this is all about fun but lets get accurate weights...This time of year the paper weights arent as accurate because some of these fish are on bait big time and will be much fatter than others of the same size not on the bait..
People have scales that weigh in tenths and people have scales that weigh in hundreths.... Lets avoid the confussion and just bring in our limits and weigh them and release then safely..

ALSO... I may be wrong about this but...DIDNT PERRIS CHANGE TO A 2 BASS 15" limit again??? Im pretty sure thats true... You may want to confirm that with DFG or Perris..

Pete
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

TEAMDEADMONEY wrote:I dont think we should have a paper weighin..

Yeah I know its just for fun but lets just have a weighin...I know this is all about fun but lets get accurate weights...This time of year the paper weights aren't as accurate because some of these fish are on bait big time and will be much fatter than others of the same size not on the bait..
People have scales that weigh in tenths and people have scales that weigh in hundreths.... Lets avoid the confussion and just bring in our limits and weigh them and release then safely..

ALSO... I may be wrong about this but...DIDNT PERRIS CHANGE TO A 2 BASS 15" limit again??? Im pretty sure thats true... You may want to confirm that with DFG or Perris..

Pete
It will be a Fun tournament.
Yes, they have a two fish limit, thus the paper weigh-in thought process, alleviated all that. Close is good, refer back to "it will be a Fun tournament", and non-stressing of fish.

You joining us?
Otay Michael

Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

sTony wrote:Looking fun, hope some of y'all will come out and meet, greet and eat.

Only suggestion I'd make is to shorten up the fishing sessions and allow for some daylight to eat and what not. It gets dark early, at least up here it does, in January. Maybe take and hour off each, forget about lunch, and then final weigh in at 2:00pm. THEN we eat! Gives folks time to set up and heat up or cook and what not.

Just a suggestion, from a known Nutcase eater, not angler, hahaha.

sTony
Guess so. But my thinking was that we could do more socializing at lunch time, it's warmer out and we'd be pretty hungry by then, maybe make that time a little longer like I was going to at first (say 11 to 1)?

Folks that are committed to joining us please check in on this.
Otay Michael

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Put me down as a tentative boater.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Good point about the paper weight reasoning.. I guess it makes sense. We'll just have the other person in the boat confirm the weight of each others bass...Sound good?

Im in as of right now and that shouldnt change.. I'll also have at least one non boater with me..maybe two..

Mark me down as a yes for the boater side.. and Ill confirn about the nonboaters in a couple days

We should put a food list together.

I good for a couple 12 packs of drinks and Ill come up with some food ideas.

Pete
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
sTony

Post by sTony »

I usually pack a BBQ for some cooking, a two burner stove for heating and a couple ice chests for beverages. If required, I can also bring a couple ez-ups and tables. Generally I bring some dogs or sausages and buns and what not, with condiments.

sTony
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

sTony wrote:I usually pack a BBQ for some cooking, a two burner stove for heating and a couple ice chests for beverages. If required, I can also bring a couple ez-ups and tables. Generally I bring some dogs or sausages and buns and what not, with condiments.

sTony
Cool, sounds like the food and drinks are taken care of. :D :shock: :D 8)
:twisted:

Brian D., got it.

Pete, glad you like the plan, got you down for a friend on the non-boater side.

PS Tony, that link did not work on your sig..
Otay Michael

sTony

Post by sTony »

Otay Michael wrote: PS Tony, that link did not work on your sig..

Just did when I copied and pasted it to my browser.

sTony
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

hmm.. i wonder if there will be a Guy Williams or Hippie sighting?
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Brian D. wrote:hmm.. i wonder if there will be a Guy Williams or Hippie sighting?
WHO? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

its looking good :arrow: I'll have more as soon as i can finish the reply/info that i started last night around 2:00am and then got side tracked all day but thats good because I now know my bro n sis can make it on the 1st so................... till late tonight lol :wink:
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
sTony

Post by sTony »

Fishing on top of each other is pretty much expected at a Nutcase! :lol: It's all about folks getting together and fishing and having some fun. Not sure DVL would work as some motors aren't allowed and who knows who'd get in and who wouldn't.

sTony
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

sTony wrote:Fishing on top of each other is pretty much expected at a Nutcase! :lol: It's all about folks getting together and fishing and having some fun. Not sure DVL would work as some motors aren't allowed and who knows who'd get in and who wouldn't.

sTony
+1
people are missing the point here :!: :idea: :arrow: this is all about fun and meeting and putting names and faces toghter, having fun without putting up money, getting to eat some good eats, SO WE WILL NEED MORE FOOD!!!!! then just stony stuff........I would of loved having it at the wood fo9r the 1st one !!! but perris will draw more people and thats what this is all about :!: :!: :arrow: :wink:
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Jerry Chuang wrote:All the lakes in So. Cal. and Perris. What a mudhole. Three whole spots to catch fish. Oh, and Pat and Robs mysterious 8# spot that only a few privileged anglers know about. You guys would of been better off at Silverwood least you wouldn't have to fish on top of each other. I thought DV was So. Cals. premeire lake.
Jerry, you're bummin' me out here! I never fished Perris, was all excited, now my balloon is leaking fast. Wish you would have piped-up when the initial thought process was bantered around a week ago!

But good news, I can see it now. Pete, if'n he shows, will lead a parade, as he's a guide there and we will all follow him from one of the three spots to the next, how exciting!

Yeah, but the cool thing is, the way these work is the winner (BigNut) gets to pick the next spot for the next tourney. Come on out, win it, and pick the next spot.

On another front, some more guys got back to me. The new additions are posted on top, (couple of you I've got to get back to about some particulars, working on it with Tony guys) as I will always have the latest updates there, but just so you know here's someone interesting:

mrobinett (Mike Robinett, who just signed up) has 'papers for paper weigh-in' ( with measurements? Never knew there was actually a paper for it, thought we just weighed them and recorded it, anybody want to explain this in more detail for us novices?)

And yes, the tradition is to bring some really cool dish (uh-hum, or hot), something you'd be proud of. I know Cooch, up north, brings his special 10 year old sausages of some sort, etc.. Please let us know what you will bring. I believe alcohol was mentioned as verboten (frowned upon, nixed), correct me somebody if I'm wrong (darn, no Pinot Noir w/ my hotdog ;/<).
Otay Michael

smpboy

Post by smpboy »

iam down i say we all just tie up to each other and we can jump from boat to boat so we get to know each other and fish the trench all day :lol:
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

The way the sheet works is, It has lengths from 12" to 18" in 1/8" increments with the weight for each weight. At the end of the session, everybody talleys up their 5 biggest fish and thats their weight. If you want,I can fax you or anybody one to see how it works. It may not be the exact weight of the fish, but it's consistant for everybody. It works really well.
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

smpboy wrote:iam down i say we all just tie up to each other and we can jump from boat to boat so we get to know each other and fish the trench all day :lol:
+100000000000000
this way we can ALSO Forget about this Lunch get togther and just fish right though till the end of the day 1:00-2:00pm because everyone will have been on everyone else's boate and we will have allready had a picnic out there :P :wink: :mrgreen:
Last edited by macinckirk on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

My info on the Sol Cal Nutcase Event @ Lake Perris on jan 2nd, well it looks like I’m going to get dads birthday party going n done on sat the 1st (he will be 84 on jan 3th) so I’m inviting all friends and family to show up at our house somewhere around 1:00pm

I'll have the BBQ going from 2:00pm till about 7:00pm, the main family will be gone by 5:00pm ie my brother n sis's family’s not too sure about when my kids and grand kids will leave hope they stay the night and hang with dad on Sunday till I get back home :wink: BUT that STILL MEANS sTony n Scott we have you guys covered for a roof over your heads for this weekend and I don’t care if u show up new years eve :wink: even

BUT any of you nutcases that live up here or would like to drive to the house and have some food, drink (beer and whatever) and BS the day/night before are more than welcome here the front door will be open till about 9:00pm sat night then it will be bed time to get a few zzzzzzzzzz before heading to Lake Perris
ASD

Post by ASD »

:D
BUCKBASS

Post by BUCKBASS »

I can be a boater or non boater ill be there
szuloaga

Re: Sign-ups S. Winter NutCase Rally-Perris Jan 2nd/update 1

Post by szuloaga »

Mike,

Throw me on the non boater side of the pool. I will be there!

Stephen Zuloaga
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

macinckirk wrote:BUT any of you nutcases that live up here or would like to drive to the house and have some food, drink (beer and whatever) and BS the day/night before are more than welcome here the front door will be open till about 9:00pm sat night then it will be bed time to get a few zzzzzzzzzz before heading to Lake Perris
Might have to seriously think about doin' this 8)
~~~Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins
:mrgreen: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen:
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

Obi,you better come and fish!It is all about the Fellowship and maybe some Grub.Michael give me call when you get time.
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Todd Dunlap wrote:Obi,you better come and fish!It is all about the Fellowship and maybe some Grub.Michael give me call when you get time.
If the schedule allows for it. Not sure where exactly I am going to be come the 1st of the year. Hopefully at Kirk's house :mrgreen:

Could start the year of fishing Silverwood... then Kirk's house... who's willing to show the Ol' Hubster round Silverwood?
ASD

Post by ASD »

Obi-Hub wrote:
Todd Dunlap wrote:Obi,you better come and fish!It is all about the Fellowship and maybe some Grub.Michael give me call when you get time.
If the schedule allows for it. Not sure where exactly I am going to be come the 1st of the year. Hopefully at Kirk's house :mrgreen:

Could start the year of fishing Silverwood... then Kirk's house... who's willing to show the Ol' Hubster round Silverwood?
Me but then that might be the blind leading the 8) LOL but GOOD times :wink:
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

KillerClown,I will be your Huckleberry!We could hit the Wood before Kirk's.Like Scott said"Good Times!"
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

ASD wrote:Me but then that might be the blind leading the 8) LOL but GOOD times :wink:
I don't think did so bad at Berry while blind... showed for my second time to the lake (1st time I fished "half dead" at a 100% Pro/AM after fishing 3 days of the FLW EverStart at Clear Lake), I got on the lake for the first time in over 7 years and got a 17" spot within 30 minutes of getting on the water and a 13-14lb limit of mostly largeheads in 3 hours :lol:

We might be able to manage something at a lake I have never seen 8)
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Todd Dunlap wrote:KillerClown, I will be your Huckleberry! We could hit the Wood before Kirk's. Like Scott said"Good Times!"
Now that would be good times indeed, you, Scott and I tearing up the 'wood before heading to Kirk's place...
:arrow: a pre-Nutcase Nutcase :lol:
ASD

Post by ASD »

Obi-Hub wrote:
Todd Dunlap wrote:KillerClown, I will be your Huckleberry! We could hit the Wood before Kirk's. Like Scott said"Good Times!"
Now that would be good times indeed, you, Scott and I tearing up the 'wood before heading to Kirk's place...
:arrow: a pre-Nutcase Nutcase :lol:
Game on Brotha's Obi get your dates cleared :mrgreen:
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

obi come on over will find u a spot even if its sleeping with DAD lol :P :lol:
Scott Robertson

Post by Scott Robertson »

count me in as a boater, not sure if i'll bringing non boaters or not. Scott
bent rods to all good luck.
2005 angler of the year ABA High desert region.
2018 2nd place AAA us open
jrbasspro

Re: Sign-ups S. Winter NutCase Rally-Perris Jan2nd/ update 1

Post by jrbasspro »

I am a tentative boater, Tony

Walt Kondracki
listen to that gut feeling!!!

"keep it clean and dry"
smpboy

Post by smpboy »

count me as a boater
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

Have we got a list for Food yet?THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!Fish Arrowhead on the 1st. and then Kirk's.Perris the next day with New and Old Friends.Priceless!
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Todd Dunlap wrote:Have we got a list for Food yet?THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!Fish Arrowhead on the 1st. and then Kirk's.Perris the next day with New and Old Friends.Priceless!
OK... who exactly is fishing Arrowhead... :mrgreen:

or have you already forgotten the other tentative plans for the 1st?
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

KillerClown is and yes,i probably forgot! :shock: You know i have lost my Mind!To many years in the Ring.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I'll be camping on Jan 1st night. Anyone that whats to pull up a chair around the camp fire is more than welcome.
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

Thank you,Brian!
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

Well it looks like its going to be a Long weekend, i'm picking up jessica from vegas around 5:00pm on new years eve and taking her back on monday morning, sounds like a few others maybe here for new years eve also :wink: so this will be fun

Todd screw AH if ur fishing on the 1st go to the wood or perris so the boates are tagged :wink:
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

Brian D. wrote:I'll be camping on Jan 1st night. Anyone that whats to pull up a chair around the camp fire is more than welcome.
is this going on in my front yard?? :P
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

Todd Dunlap wrote:Have we got a list for Food yet?
No I don't think so :idea: :idea: maybe its time for you to do what you do best :wink: :lol: :mrgreen: get to work on it bro :mrgreen:
sTony

Post by sTony »

sTony wrote:I usually pack a BBQ for some cooking, a two burner stove for heating and a couple ice chests for beverages. If required, I can also bring a couple ez-ups and tables. Generally I bring some dogs or sausages and buns and what not, with condiments.

sTony
Here's what I plan to bring, gentlemen. Let me know if anything else beyond my presence and licensed fishing brilliance is required, :wink:

sTony
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

Kirk,you got it!Wood on the 1st.New Years Eve at your house.I can sleep in the Tahoe.Kirk,YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sTony

Post by sTony »

Todd Dunlap wrote:Kirk,you got it!Wood on the 1st.New Years Eve at your house.I can sleep in the Tahoe.Kirk,YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wood on the 1st and Perris on the 2nd, right on.

sTony
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

I will fill in with something.
Let's try to fill this Menu.
Tony is bringing a BBQ for some cooking, a two burner stove for heating and a couple ice chests for beverages. If required, I can also bring a couple ez-ups and tables. Generally I bring some dogs or sausages and buns and what not, with condiments.

I(Todd Dunlap) will bring Propane,Chilli and Cornbread with Honey butter.
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

I hear that Obi is bringing the Wife.It's on like Donkey Kong!Wood on the 1st. and Perris on the 2nd.Right on!!!!!! :D
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Todd Dunlap wrote:I hear that Obi is bringing the Wife.It's on like Donkey Kong!Wood on the 1st. and Perris on the 2nd.Right on!!!!!! :D
Is there going to be any inspection issues I need to be aware of?
I take it is no problem going from Sliverwood to Perris the next day?
How anal are the inspections at Sliverwood? As I will be fishing in NorCal the days before I drag the wife to SoCal