11-16 report

SLoGiN

11-16 report

Post by SLoGiN »

went out tuesday 11/16...caught 2 fish 3.5 off 6 ft flats near lost isle on bone and green/silver the ones then two more about the same size miles south off some 8ft flats and a very large fish boiled twice on mine....[around 40 inches..]..water is ultra clear but wouldnt commit then a 10 plus on my buddys was on for a minute or so then off....wind came up along with slow outgo and was dead until incoming....headed up to middle river flats west of mildred ...we got a couple more 4 lb class fish then headed toward whiskey ramp....went into that cut with the ranch and the horses off whiskey and got 7 between 20-22 inches....stopped about a mile from the ramp on the east bank and my buddy hooks a little fish about 10-12 inches and a large fish was trying to eat in all the way in....hammered the small fish right at the boat....small fish was gone... probably a meal........water started 55 4 am at the ramp....59.4 around sunset...heading out thursday again
striperwannab

Re: 11-16 report

Post by striperwannab »

Went out today from 1:30-dark, for about 4 hours.

Caught one decent fish up north, right after I catch it I'm thinking I'm going to get'em. Low and behold an enormuous sea lion (name: "Bertha") came towards us. This sucker was HUGE and looking for a meal! Had to have scared the fish!

WannaB.
DeltaDan

Re: 11-16 report

Post by DeltaDan »

NICE to keep after them Bro's !!

The next time you are in HorseShoe and further down west -- Hit the lee side of the tulies where the currents creates the "rip" in it for fishing shallow to 18' to the drop off with it ........ You might laufgh at this - I came up with it all on my own.

A 766 rod with #65 braid - On that braid put two bobber stoppers and then a 1oz. to 1.5oz. lead egg sinker.
Below that is your you barrel swivvel with 4" of play between the two ends.
Below that tie on is a 18" to 25" leader of #20 Big Game Trilene depending on how deep you want to keep dropping it off the shelves ~ or close to the sandbar grass bottoms.
#5 Gama EWG
Top it off with a Berkley Bat Ray Frog in all White if you can still find them. Make some red lines on it with a Sharpie pen.
If you can't find them - the White Osprey top hooked floater in 5" -6" works good as well. Those if I doctor them up I use a black Shaprie - and sparingly.

Stay off shore a good ways and in some current - Toss that puppy to the tullies/weed line - work it back really slow and even let it sit there with just the current doing it's stuff to those baits. (Super slow even)

When you are letting it sit there getting some good action on the baits - leave your spool in free with your thumb on it for very light pressure to prevent a backlash when they take it. They will pick it up and run with it for 10-16 yards or so before they pause to swallow it. ~~ Then pop it in gear and set the hook before they swallow it.

Love you guys !!
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )