JUST THINK OF THIS - Don't Let Him Sell

100%BASS

JUST THINK OF THIS - Don't Let Him Sell

Post by 100%BASS »

there are enought unique users per month on this site to make it very easy to keep it in Tony's hands.....if everyone who logs on more that once a month sent ONE DOLLAR...yes $1 a YEAR to Tony,,,,,,he would have no problems keeping up with the business end of this website......is $1 to much to ask for the best web site in the WEST. Where else can $1 buy you all the information you could possibly need about a sport we all love. yes, there is the occasional drama, but so what, It's a small price to pay. every thing evolves and so does
E-Business....many sites ask you to pay for the services provided, and if TONY needs a dollars per person to keep webmaster "T" going,,,,,i say,,,,lets everyone send him the message that it is OK by us.

lets make this the longest thread ever on WB.com and let Tony know how much we really want him to stay

Tony.....please dont sell......lets find a way to make it work.

Korny
Obi-Hub

Re: JUST THINK OF THIS - Don't Let Him Sell

Post by Obi-Hub »

Not a bad idea Korny!!

It might take a bit more than $1 per person, but it would also makes us also have a more vested interest in the forums too.

Been a long time, how have you been?
Last edited by Obi-Hub on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~~~Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins
:mrgreen: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen:
TomL

Post by TomL »

Wrong thread - thanks for the assist Cooch!
Last edited by TomL on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASD

Post by ASD »

I am good with a $1 a year but I think it should b a little more say da price of a cup of coffey $5 none of us would miss it but we would realy miss this site if the new owner F'ed it up
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

I wouldn't object to a user fee, if that is all it takes..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Bob,

was wondering how that smile and constant HORSE throat of yours is doing! I am all in brother sign me up and I will follow :) Great to see you post !!!
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
ScottyJ

Post by ScottyJ »

Tom quit sniffing the glue and post in the right thread. :wink:

Do we even know why sTony is selling? Is it even $$$?
"Jig fish are big fish"
bassaddicted

Post by bassaddicted »

I got 2 bucks
eagle123777

Post by eagle123777 »

well, been here since tony bought the dang thing so go way back...tony, if its cash thats needed to supplement the sponsors a paypal account should be easy to create to let us help out....jack
jack
usaf (ret)
triton 21x2
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Let's here from the horse's mouth.. What about it sTony? $2.00 a month, etc. Bill K :D
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
split172

Post by split172 »

Is money even the issue here? I highly doubt it. It would be nice to here what the real issues may be. Maybe he is just tired of the upkeep. I am sure its a lot of work.
Californiakid4

Post by Californiakid4 »

Tony does a great job with this site. A user fee is a small price to pay to show our support. Count me in.
massbaster

Post by massbaster »

I dont think its about the $
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

i sure would like to hear it from the Big Dog himself to................ I would give him 20 dollars, maybe even 30 if he gave me a pair of decals for the truck and boat....... It would be like me paying to advertise.............

Steven
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Maybe he's just tired of all the work involved in hosting the site?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

Some of you may not know, but Tony works this site all the time and it is all he does. He has a family with kids in college and relies on it to support his family. In other words, it is his "job" so to speak. He has employees who also make an income.

Right now, the only source of income is advertisers. We all can do the math and count how many advertisers he has and guess how much they pay to advertise. Even at $2000 or $3000 a year for each (which it isn't), it isn't much to support a family. The expenses of computers, website hosting, site design, phones, staff, travel, etc, is expensive. I know more than many because I am in the computer business.

I hope Tony can find a way to keep it going. We have all enjoyed this site immensely and some of us depend on it for our daily info, humor or even fix for the day :).

Good luck Tony..I hope you can make it happen!! Let me know if there is anything I can help you with...
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Just one dollar a month will feed WB. I don't care what you say, until toni can have a fly walk across his eye without blinking I ain't sending sit. You gotta be hard core like those save the children infomercials. Lol
LL
Gary Ryon

Post by Gary Ryon »

scottsweet wrote:Some of you may not know, but Tony works this site all the time and it is all he does. He has a family with kids in college and relies on it to support his family. In other words, it is his "job" so to speak. He has employees who also make an income.

Right now, the only source of income is advertisers. We all can do the math and count how many advertisers he has and guess how much they pay to advertise. Even at $2000 or $3000 a year for each (which it isn't), it isn't much to support a family. The expenses of computers, website hosting, site design, phones, staff, travel, etc, is expensive. I know more than many because I am in the computer business.

I hope Tony can find a way to keep it going. We have all enjoyed this site immensely and some of us depend on it for our daily info, humor or even fix for the day :).

Good luck Tony..I hope you can make it happen!! Let me know if there is anything I can help you with...
+1,000,000,000
Gary Ryon
West Valley Bassmasters
sTony

Post by sTony »

When I am capable of talking about this subject openly, I surely will. My thanks to all, for all the kind words that have been expressed. It is truly appreciated!

sTony
Robert F

Post by Robert F »

brambo0311 wrote: I don't care what you say, until toni can have a fly walk across his eye without blinking I ain't sending sit.
I don't care who you are that's funny right there. :lol:
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

TTT
I was going to stay out of this BUT the HELP is NEEDED, Scott S hit the nail on the head with his reply, Tony is taking money out of his pocket to keep this place going and he doesn't have it to spend right now and to tell u the truth :oops: i can believe that there are people on this FREE site that would really went or need a man to come on here (his own site) and air out his personal bussniess :roll: before helping with a $ or 2 :roll: :roll: :oops:

Even if the man didn't need it :cry: AND HE DOES

This is x-mass time and i think we all have a buck or 2 that could be sent to him either way

Has a Pay-pal # been set up?? he'll get mine when i see him soon
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

sTony wrote:When I am capable of talking about this subject openly, I surely will. My thanks to all, for all the kind words that have been expressed. It is truly appreciated!

sTony

I just cashed in $142.36 in alunimum cans for the year - Lets meet up at La Casta and split a dozen oysters BrothA - and I'll sign the check over to you.

......You just gotta promise that you will not ban me when I say more stupid suff ? :?

Fork that- -- I am my own man ~ and I RIGHTFULLY deserved everything I said and stand by. :lol:
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
bassaddicted

Post by bassaddicted »

How about a raffle all proceeds got to the site. I have a couple rods and reels I can throw in not top of the line but for a beginner would work never used.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

If it's truly a matter of money, by all means start charging. The new year is a perfect time.
I haven't worked in 2+ years, but I find money to fish. I should be able to pay for a site I enjoy so much.
How about an annual fee of $75? That's $6.25 a month.
That's what another site, Tackle Underground, charges. Only people who want to participate and use the features other than the forums need to be members. The lurkers can still go onto the site, but they can't post their work in the gallery, or interact with other people who are members through the messaging and chat boards. They can only post on the forums.
This site is more forum based, so maybe it would need some tweaking of what a membership would provide, but it is certainly a doable thing.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

i'm not sure what he is really thinking but i know his boate is gone and its not because he is rolling in cash right now and thats something his has been open about if you know him, his deal with mark i don't think turned out to good and i'm sure he didn't walk away with this site and beening bucks up......

I know he has been paying for all this fliming lately out of his own house/pocket

I don't know if making this a paying site is really something his is thinking(maybe/ maybe not only he knows) because i know he knows things are hard out there, but i do know any help would help him and maybe he can make it over the hump with some help

Maybe I should not say a word either, just think about it people
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

kirk, im down for a donation, but i do not know where to send it ? and i do not do the pay pal thing. can you post up an address so we can get some support for tony going.... you know im down for a little help, to keep a great site... im sure a lot of us need some mailing info... thanks capt. :wink:
calfisher71

Post by calfisher71 »

What ever we can do to help let us know!
Ron Howe and the RBBassfishing.net crew will do whatever we can to help ya Tony!
Fishing creates memories for a life time.
www.rbbassfishing.net
#RBASS
JT-Madera

Post by JT-Madera »

Well I mostly lurk these days, however I'm up $75 a year...just tell me where and how to get it to sTony

this is the best site and the money will be well spent..

JT-Madera
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

i am in for it to stony!!! a membership to this forum....... I am all in!!! it may even get the forums back up to where it use to be. I remember 4 years ago i was reading lots of full stories of guys on T Day and how everything worked to plan or didn't...

I miss those threads!!!

Count me in!!! BUT I STILL WANT A STICKER FOR THE BOAT AND TRUCK... Charge me 100.00. i'll tip you in advance just like the guides!!!

STeven
Last edited by aNNieNsaLTIE on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

What surprises me is the fact one would imagine all the advertisers would make this site quite profitable. Probably a lot of time involved in maintenance!
Leon Pugh

Post by Leon Pugh »

DeltaDan wrote:
sTony wrote:When I am capable of talking about this subject openly, I surely will. My thanks to all, for all the kind words that have been expressed. It is truly appreciated!

sTony

I just cashed in $142.36 in alunimum cans for the year - Lets meet up at La Casta and split a dozen oysters BrothA - and I'll sign the check over to you.

......You just gotta promise that you will not ban me when I say more stupid suff ? :?

Is that a bribe :lol: :lol: All kidding aside if it is a financial problem I am sure he has enough supporters on this site to to resolve it, I would be happy to buy my membership or contribute in any way to keep Tony around, He has been a great contributor to our sport and should be able to make a respectable living from all that he has done for all of us. Set up the Pay Pal thing Tony, I think you will be surprised at the support you will get. If you need help we will step up and support you.

Thank You Tony
Thank You Leon Pugh
leon.pugh@comcast.net
http://www.dobynsrods.com/
Leon Pugh

Post by Leon Pugh »

I just attempted to send a payment to ncbftony@pacbell.net just to show good faith and get the ball rolling and it would not go thru. Set up the pay pal acct. and I am sure good things will happen Tony!
Thank You Leon Pugh
leon.pugh@comcast.net
TomL

Post by TomL »

Yeah Yeah Yeah - I know you all think I am a big supporter of another Fishing Forum... and that may be true - but, in reality I am bigger supporter of the fishing community. So with that I have some ideas that will help you help this site and the owner of this site.

I have no idea what is going on or why with Tony, as most of you know we haven't always gotten along very well. But we have talked and are on good terms these days and hopefully for the future as we all see it. With that said, if its money or time or simply wanting to get into something new I have no idea but, no matter what it is if you look for it there are better ways to help this site than sending Tony $1 each or even $2 that truthfully wouldn't add up to much more than a couple grand. On top of that most people on here probably wouldn't take the time to do it - no offense. But there are some things that you can do during your normal course of actions that would help and could help A LOT!

These are just my opinions and insight but, I believe the best thing you can do as avid users of this site is support the sponsors of the site and make it known that you are purchasing their products because they are sponsors of WB. This goes for any website you want to support.

There are a couple ways to do this.
#1 - Email and tell them - send them a copy of your receipt for purchase with the email.

#2 When you stop by your local tackle shop like the Hook, Angler's Marine, C&C Marine, Coyote Bait & Tackle or take your boat for service to Inland Marine, C&C Marine - be sure to let them know you appreciate their support of the website you love.

#3 In some cases the links are set up to show that without any other notification.
If you notice when you click on TW's ad at the top it brings up this link - http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/?from=wbass which gives WB credit for any purchases you make with it. Same goes for the monster ad that is in the process - http://www.OutdoorProShop.com/?Click=7721. (This part "?from=wbass" or "?Click=7721" link gives it away that some sort of compensation for clicks or purchases is happening) Use these links and others on this site similar to purchase the products you are going to purchase anyway and WB will get credit and in the longhall will make WB more than the $1 or $2 or whatever you were going to send anyway.

Lastly, if you are purchasing something that is not a sponsor of the site - let them know they should be a sponsor of the site. Let them know it could help their business because people are doing (What I mentioned above) to help this site!!

Just my .02, I hope I didn't over step my bounds but, all this is public knowledge and can be seen by clicking on the links.
Last edited by TomL on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leon Pugh

Post by Leon Pugh »

Thanks Tom for the good advice. Supporting each others sponsors faithfully would make our sport much stronger than it is.
Thank You Leon Pugh
leon.pugh@comcast.net
Slippy

Post by Slippy »

its a good idea BUT!... only thing that will really happen is people will spend there time on the "other" fishing site thats free...just saying.
LL