LAST CALL- nUtCasE Rally -Perris Jan 2nd/ 1.4.11 /

macinckirk
Current LameNut

Re: Sign-ups S. Winter NutCase Rally-Perris Jan2nd/ update 1

Post by macinckirk »

Obi-Hub wrote:
Todd Dunlap wrote:I hear that Obi is bringing the Wife.It's on like Donkey Kong!Wood on the 1st. and Perris on the 2nd.Right on!!!!!! :D
Is there going to be any inspection issues I need to be aware of?
I take it is no problem going from Sliverwood to Perris the next day?
How anal are the inspections at Sliverwood? As I will be fishing in NorCal the days before I drag the wife to SoCal
Your wifey will make it on the wood :wink: (u can take that to the bank i promiss) just be clean and dry.
when u leave the wood sat. u will be taged and ready for perris in the am :mrgreen:
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

macinckirk wrote:
Obi-Hub wrote:
Todd Dunlap wrote:I hear that Obi is bringing the Wife.It's on like Donkey Kong!Wood on the 1st. and Perris on the 2nd.Right on!!!!!! :D
Is there going to be any inspection issues I need to be aware of?
I take it is no problem going from Sliverwood to Perris the next day?
How anal are the inspections at Sliverwood? As I will be fishing in NorCal the days before I drag the wife to SoCal
Your wifey will make it on the wood :wink: (u can take that to the bank i promiss) just be clean and dry.
when u leave the wood sat. u will be taged and ready for perris in the am :mrgreen:
Uh... but what if it is raining up North and on my trip down? Are they rain forgiving?
~~~Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins
:mrgreen: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen:
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

Like I said ur wifey WILL GET on the wood as long as there is a ramp with water on it

all u need is to be coming from a lake that is clean, your livewells dry with a couble of paper towels in them, your plug out and me :wink:
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f233/basscaptain/Kirk-McIntyre-sig.gif[/img]
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

macinckirk wrote:Like I said ur wifey WILL GET on the wood as long as there is a ramp with water on it

all u need is to be coming from a lake that is clean, your livewells dry with a couble of paper towels in them, your plug out and me :wink:
Kewl, kewl... I always leave clean wipe down towels in the wells once they are cleaned.
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

Since Perris has 2 entry gates, should we pick one to all meet at the same place in the morning? I'll bring a couple of salads and some dessert stuff.
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

Well since i allways used the front gate when fun fishing and the back gate on trny day because it was open eailer i guess the 1st ??? is does someone that is going to be there have any juice with perris or someone there that could get that back gate open for the taged boats??
mx4life14

Post by mx4life14 »

So I might be game for this. Sounds like a good time. I know this is my first post and all over here on WB but ive been lurkin for a while lol. Anyway. Im a boater and may have a non boater too. My non boater buddy is concerned and wants to hang in my boat all day but were in for the bbq or pot luck after too. Anyway. Whats needed to sign up. Thanks,

Bryson Molesky.
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

non boaters should all be a random draw.. My non boater rather fish with me all day as well....but every non boater participating in the "tournament" needs to be in the drawing..
If you and your buddy just want to "go fishing" and not be in the tournament then enjoy the BBq afterwards, thats okay of coarse , you just wont be able to weigh in for bragging rights....

Its gonna be a good time...

Pete
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Pete,

These events are traditionally more about the putting faces with names and just plain having good fun than being just another "tournament" and are usually ran very loosely with very little rules. Just enough to keep people "honest". Not all those that attend Nutcase Classics are "seasoned" competitors and are more comfortable coming out to play with the other Nutcases if they can fish with someone they know or the person that is bringing them. We had the pretty much the same issue arise at the recent Fall Nutcase at Lake Berryessa and I decided to let anyone fish with anyone they chose. Just let things play out and it worked out great and everyone had a GREAT time!!

Just my .02 worth for what that's worth :shock: :lol:
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Right on Gary. Tony told me the same thing after someone p/m'd me the same question. Said just to encourage the folks to take a chance with fishing with a stranger so that they won't be one by the time they finish. So, please folks, don't worry about trying to impress anyone, as overall it does not mattter, and no money is on the line. But if you don't really want to, no worries either.

Look forward to meeting you Mr. Bryson Molesky, as well as your non-boater, as well as a lot of others I have not met personally yet. Looking to be a lot of fun..
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Thats cool no problemo... Sounds good to me...and to the co that Im bringing because now he says hes fishing with me all day...hahaha... which is fine with me as well..
We are looking forward to seeing eveyone, catching some bass, eating some good grub and having a good time...

Next week We should itemize a list of food and/or drinks people are bringing so we dont end up with 7 guys only bringing drinks..

HOPEFULLY we have good weather....But We'll be there regardless!!

Pete 8)
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

Bryson,don't forget to bring the Hat!I still think it should be a Random Draw.My Reg. Partner wants to Fish with someone who knows how to find Fish!I all i wanted was a Pepsi!
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

Todd Dunlap wrote:I still think it should be a Random Draw!
+1
this is alittle diff then the last nutcase up north

Since this is the 1st one down south and the WHOLE IDEA or REASON for this is to fish and meet new people

Lets put it this way oh nevermind i'm sure no one wents to hear my 2 cents worth lol

ps. if nothing else make it were they can only fish togther half of the time
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

macinckirk wrote:
Todd Dunlap wrote:I still think it should be a Random Draw!
+1
=
ps. if nothing else make it were they can only fish togther half of the time
It is a random draw, besides it's not a team event. We are encouraging everyone to switch boats the second leg, and so far only one person left to sway.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

:) :) :) its all good whatever happens :D happens :P :P :P 8) :wink: :mrgreen:
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

I like the 2 draw format. Backseating 2 people on the same day. Priceless!
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

You guys know Id prefer the ramdom draw... I mean Id love to fish with my Boy Barry the whole day and I know hed love to fish with me because its what we are used to but it should be a ramdom draw for both sessions....

Besides, theres a good chance people draw who they want anyway because the small amount of boats showing up..
Oh and TODD... if your wife comes out and draws me... I guarantee she outfishes you that day!! :D :D :D :D

Talk to you ladies next week..

Pete 8)
Rob Dickson

Post by Rob Dickson »

I want to be paired with Pete. And Todd doesn't catch fish, he's to busy talking. :lol:
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

I think most that fish Nutcase's prefer the random draw but I am willing to forgo it being mandatory in order to get more peeps to come out and play!!

I am always get in the Random Draw :mrgreen:

@Michael > You might want to setup a new thread for people just to say if they are going to be a boat/non-boater, if they are bringing extras and what they are bringing for the Grub Fest. Hopefully one of the Admins will be kind enough to make it a Sticky :wink:
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Thats cool Rob... we'll pair up and go rape all of Eds spots......wait a minute...he doesnt have spots because he fishes all of ours hahahahahahaha :wink:
I guess we'll have to play some ultimate match fishing.. we'll be cutting each others lines and spinning the boat around..it will be a blast.

Pete 8)
Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

Pete,she don't need you to out fish Me!LOL!!!!!LET OUR BARRY FISH!Rob,what do you mean that i speak to much.I am to Shy and People SCARE me.Backseating 2 people on the same day. Priceless! we'll pair up and go rape all of Eds spots......wait a minute...he doesnt have spots because he fishes all of ours hahahahahahaha
I guess we'll have to play some ultimate match fishing.. we'll be cutting each others lines and spinning the boat around..it will be a blast.

Just like any Tourney at Perris!LMAO!!!!!!
I hope Jason showes up!
Let's get ready to Rumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Obi-Hub wrote:I think most that fish Nutcase's prefer the random draw but I am willing to forgo it being mandatory in order to get more peeps to come out and play!!

I am always get in the Random Draw :mrgreen:

@Michael > You might want to setup a new thread for people just to say if they are going to be a boat/non-boater, if they are bringing extras and what they are bringing for the Grub Fest. Hopefully one of the Admins will be kind enough to make it a Sticky :wink:
I've got the updates, who's a boater, who a back-seater, up to date at the top of the thread. I update it every day I get a p/m to add someone, or someone does so here at the bottom.

As far as food, I guess I'll read through and include it behind everone's name on top too. That should work.

Thanks everone for the suggestions, it's a 'work in progress'. I did a search on a lot the names that signed up, I see a lot of you guys know each other as the stats from the winners list that come up includes a lot of you. Don't see those two names that keeps coming up on top of the results yet, two guys named Grover and Grover! :roll:
Otay Michael

Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

Michael,Who are the Grover's?I do not think i know them.There is a Kyle Grover that ONCE won a Tourney but i Think He Fishes CARP TOURNEY'SNow day's!!!!!
Scott Robertson

Re: Sign-up Winter Rally-Perris Jan2nd/ food updates 12.23

Post by Scott Robertson »

Michael let me know if you want me to bring anything specific or I will just wing it, Maybe crawdads, and goldfish. Ha ha Scott Robertson
bent rods to all good luck.
2005 angler of the year ABA High desert region.
2018 2nd place AAA us open
BUCKBASS

Post by BUCKBASS »

Sorry all, my boat wont be there having to replace axle on trailer. Just say tuff luck in this weather bad road.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Scott Robertson wrote:Michael let me know if you want me to bring anything specific or I will just wing it, Maybe crawdads, and goldfish. Ha ha Scott Robertson
How about some brownies or the like? I, and most the folks I know, love chocolate! 8)
Buckbass wrote:Sorry all, my boat wont be there having to replace axle on trailer. Just say tuff luck in this weather bad road."
That's good (well, the breaking part is not good)... but we had too many boaters anyway by two to one, so you'll help out by showing up without it. :D
Otay Michael

Todd Dunlap

Post by Todd Dunlap »

Is live bait allowed?LOL!!!!!I might just have a Chance. :D
Scott,could you bring EXTRA!
Buckbass,i hope you get the Trailer fixed.It would be better with you there!
bump

Post by bump »

Otay michael;

Just a heads up. I won't be able to make it to this event due to a long standing hip issue, I can't stand for any periods of time lately. Sorry about that, so get out your eraser cause I am am just pencilled in right now.
Once again sorry about that.

bump
When I grow up I want to be just like buckbass
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

bump wrote:Otay michael;

Just a heads up. I won't be able to make it to this event due to a long standing hip issue, I can't stand for any periods of time lately. Sorry about that, so get out your eraser cause I am am just penciled in right now.
Once again sorry about that.

bump
Got it, prayers sent.
See ya next time!
Otay Michael

Scott Robertson

Re: Sign-up Winter Rally-Perris Jan2nd/ food updates 12.26

Post by Scott Robertson »

Todd i'll hook you up. Dont worry Scott
bent rods to all good luck.
2005 angler of the year ABA High desert region.
2018 2nd place AAA us open
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

If someone that doesnt have a boat and is coming in from somewhere from the western parts wants to leave their car at my house and ride in with me just let me know. I'm in Diamond Bar, just off the 57 and 60 freeways.
george

Post by george »

Can you put me down as a non boat, I will also bring a case of drinks and a desert or hot dish, What do we need?

George Azevedo
ASD

Re: Sign-up Winter Rally-Perris Jan2nd/ food updates 12.27

Post by ASD »

Ok guys My boat won't be making the trip down. So could you move me over to the NON Boater slot.Thanks And I hope I can make it down and hang with all of my buds both new and old
Last edited by ASD on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
macinckirk
Current LameNut

Post by macinckirk »

Scott don't worry about the boate just come on with tony and obi if possible :wink:

Big Nut Obi will be here so just move his name up and out of that BS if he can make it spot :P :lol: :wink:

sounds like they should be in town sometime thursday

Lets try and get a good list of food and etc of what people will take by friday and then we'll see what is needed, i'm going to be cooking at the house a few diff things over a few days so i'll just wait to see whats needed
ASD

Post by ASD »

BIGNUT and I have been talking on the phone I will be coming down Thu with him :wink:
Last edited by ASD on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

macinckirk wrote:Scott don't worry about the boate just come on with tony and obi if possible :wink:

Big Nut Obi will be here so just move his name up and out of that BS if he can make it spot :P :lol: :wink:

sounds like they should be in town sometime thursday

Lets try and get a good list of food and etc of what people will take by friday and then we'll see what is needed, i'm going to be cooking at the house a few diff things over a few days so i'll just wait to see whats needed
Obi down? Boater or non?
I've got all the updates posted so far, including the food/drink list, thru today also, at the bottom of the first post, under the large, bold face type word that says FOOD!
Otay Michael

Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Boater or bust Michael... I will be there barring Divine Intervention!!

Let's get the food list up to date... I am going to make a Costco run on Friday for goodies (read: STEAKS)... This carnivore wants to grub Sunday afternoon!!
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Obi-Hub wrote:Boater or bust Michael... I will be there barring Divine Intervention!!

Let's get the food list up to date... I am going to make a Costco run on Friday for goodies (read: STEAKS)... This carnivore wants to grub Sunday afternoon!!
Got it: Add one boating carnivore! :)
Otay Michael

mrobinett

Re: Sign-up Winter Rally-Perris Jan2nd/ food updates 12.28

Post by mrobinett »

What time are people planning on getting there and which gate? I have an ez up I will bring also.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Their website says they open at 6, so how about a 6.30 blastoff?
Here are some of the lake rules:http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=24696

I'm going to defer to the first person that knows the lake and can post how to get to the ramp to decide that. Or should we meet at one place outside the lake and caravan in? Whatever is easier.

My cell is 858.245.0485, so for any problems finding the place that morning give me a buzz. Maybe 'we' can help out.
Otay Michael

Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

scott r. called and asked 'what if' on rain for Sunday. Checked weather and NOAA says partly cloudy, rain possible Sunday night. So looks like we are good to go. :D

That's cool, as last nutcase I fished, up at the Delta couple of winters ago, we fished in a hurricane. One friend, did not know him at the time, fell in launching his boat, bet the water was 40 degrees, I know the air was freezing. Wind and rain was something else. Thanks God Santa brought me BPS 100 mph rain suit the week before, felt toasty warm with two jackets and long underwear under it... long as you don't get wet, right? :wink:

Everyone gots their license?
Otay Michael

Ugly Mo

Post by Ugly Mo »

Todd can not sign in for some reason.We went to Storage today and the Boat has a mud slide on one side and the cover has contoured to inside the boat with 8 inches to 1 foot of Ice(NOT PRETTY!).Not sure if we can get it ready for Sunday.So,Please put Todd down as a Non-boater for now.Just in case.See you all on Sunday morning.Thanks Otay Michael
samsat

Post by samsat »

Hi All.
I arrived recently (5 month's ago) from South Africa and now living in N County San Diego with my family.
I have been a casual bas angler for many years but never owned a boat or participated in any tournaments.
Brian D who I have met mentioned this winter rally and suggested that I put my name down.
This will be a great opportunity to meet some fellow anglers and also to learn how things are done this part of the world.

I chatted to Michael this morning who suggested that I register here and introduce myself as well as add my name to the non-boaters for Sunday.

I have whole assortment of tackle which arrived in our container from South Africa. Any pointers as to what I should and should not bring with would be appreciated.
Looking forward to meeting you all.

Joel
Todd Dunlap

Re: Sign-up Winter Rally-Perris Jan2nd/ food updates 12.30

Post by Todd Dunlap »

Welcome,Joel.it looks to be a Classic Nutcase.Fun in the Sun!
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Might I suggest that we ALL enter from the Moreno Beach entrance at 6 AM... EVERYONE should be ready to put your money in the envelope at the gate because I doubt anybody will be working the gate... NOTE.. If you do not put your money in the envelope and put it in the slot then you WILL be ticketed by the park patrol...
So show up with the EXACT change to pay for luanching and parking...$18 total
Then when once you pay your money you can drive down to the parking lot where they will have the gate open at 6 am.. Also i suggest that you get your boat tagged tomorrow or Saturday so we dont have to wait on Sunday. Its not fair for people to have to wait for you if you show up late and still have to be inspected... Just be prepared is all Im asking..
We can have a quick meeting and then blast off... Should be a launch and go in my opinion...

ALso we should plan to fish from 6:30-noon then from 1pm till like 4pm....
2:30 is WAAAYYYY to early to come in... the bite is good at that time.. The best bite is from 6:30 till noon and then again in the afternoon from 1-4pm... trust me I know..Ive been there alot lately...
We should try to fish as much as possible.. Coming in at 4 pm or at least 3:30 still gives us enough time to hangout for a while in the lot before dark..
Ill have Barry with me..

Pete
Nunyo Bizness

Post by Nunyo Bizness »

Got room for another Nutcase and his much better half? We can bring some Chicken Wings.
I came , I saw, I Cleaned and Dried.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Nunyo Bizness wrote:Got room for another Nutcase and his much better half? We can bring some Chicken Wings.
You bet. One boater and one non?

Pete, I'm with you on fishing later, but I threw that out there in the formative weeks and a few 'old timers' (Tony, etc.), said it'd be best to finish early. I think we'll stick to plan A at this point.

Thanks for letting us know a good plan for entry, I was hoping you'd help in that department. We'll go in the gate you suggest. I'd guess some boaters will not be able to get to that lake until that morning, so we will just have to do our best on getting out. Do you know how much a non-boater would need? Is there an entry fee (fishing permit) and a parking fee too?
Otay Michael

TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

It will cost either 8 or $10 to park for a vehicle.. There is no fishing permit cost.. Just parking.

Yo Younce...you better be there rain or shine...have your girl dress warm...its gonna be Coooolllld!! See ya there..

Pete
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

I'm not going to have time to get cabled today or tomorrow. I'll get there about 5:00 in case they start inspecting before they open. Pete, do they inspect at the entrance or at the gate or where?
Nunyo Bizness

Post by Nunyo Bizness »

Yo Pete,
We will be there, rain or shine......snow? no so sure. Boat & Chicken wings in tow. Is there going to be a way to warm these wings back up? Anybody bringing a motor home or Trailer? What entrance do I use to get inspected? The one I always go in?
Michael,
Myself (John) and a Non (Merri). We will be bringing Chicken wings.
Merri has asked that she fish with me all day (she is new to this), I hope this won't be a problem, if so...we will just fish and BS with everyone and not compete.
We may be a bit late as we have not gone through inspection and will just be getting there that morning. I should fly through inspection as I have not been on the water in over a month.
See ya

John
I came , I saw, I Cleaned and Dried.